IGNORED

Are Simon Davey And Sky Right?

Guest barnsley

It was a shame Barnsley chose to foul their way through this match becuase they looked like a really decent passing team with some very talented players had they opted for this approach.

Campbell-Ryce's sending off seemed correct from where I was in the Dolman, but I think the ref could have handled the whole match better from the start. Very poor.

Skuse's chest seemed to contact the ball from the Dolman too.

To be fair we should have tucked the game away in the first 20 minutes, having made some gilt-edged chances. We have a great never-say-die attitude so I would say we fully deserve the 3 points (also given there was a blatant foul - shoulder into Orr's back, not shoulder to shoulder - in the run up to the first goal).

The referee seemed to want to be the one being talked about after the game and he got what he wanted. The right result though so I won't complain all too much. Was a fair result and he made some dodgy decisions but I don't care because the result is what we all wanted in the end. Barnsley took the risk with the referee and paid the price. They were always going to have one player sent off and they can't really moan about it because they played better after that anyway.

Getting tired so couldnt be bothered to read all comments

that diver who got sent off, was he already booked when he toally crocked macca with that tackle

that was a 100% yellow, cant remember if that was his 1st booking, if it wasnt he should of bin off then

also agree with the comments i've read... dirty negative spoiling tactics, a'la CLUELESS from stoke

for a larf here's there k@ob head of a managers comments on the bbc

Our lad was clipped and it should have been a penalty.

"I'm flabbergasted by the performance of the officials. The referee was clearly intimidated by the home fans.

"I thought my team were magnificent. We stood strong against 12 men because the referee was certainly on their side."

what a pr@ck

JCR dangled his leg and it was a dive, no two ways about it. He should've known better after being on a yellow really but there was always someone who was going to be sent off given the frequency Mr. Hill was dishing out his cards yesterday. He was the real disgrace, constantly lagging behind play, inconsistent decisions, stupid needless bookings and it just capped the iceberg when he stopped the game and wasted about 5 mintues in the second half only to do absolutely bugger all and not even add it on in stoppage time. What a plank!

Having just seen the sending off again on the TV, I find Simon Davey's reaction laughable and I now hate the bloke even more than before!!

The guy has beaten Fontaine (Not sure if there was any contact as he goes past him) but he proceeds to run a couple yards before throwing himself to the ground! What an idiot. He didnt even complain or look surprised as the ref pulled out the red card. Says it all to me.

I used to like Barnsley as a footballing side......Now another team on my hate list :clapping:

At least Mr Hill was consistent, consistently shit. I used to think Mr Rennie was the worst official in the universe. My opinion has since changed. The fracas involved Johnson after a complete non-foul on the 'keeper bemused me. Carey was livid about something. The referee called both linesman over and then did nothing other than talk to one of each side, so obviously hadnt seen what was going on. Can anyone elaborate on the incident?

I'm wondering if perhaps Mr Hill just wanted boxing day off?

Barnsley deserved exactly what they got today.

They were a tidy side going forward, but this was marred by the complete and utter unprofessional cheatsmanship by every single one of their players.

Both the goals they scored were preventable. First goal, man wasnt closed down quick enough. Second, Basso completely stranded.

By Davey's own admission, Barnsley are god-awful at set pieces. We exploited that nicely yesterday.

That was the worst 90 minutes of gamemanship since Ian Dowie brought his Oldham side to the gate, they tripped, kicked pulled shirts and minced about on the floor like never seen before. Shame they resulted to that really because if they had just came to play their game they were good enough to score a good few goals and win the match. Their play on the break with pace and creativity ripped us apart at times, but, thankfully for us they decided to come and stop us playing by whatever means they could.

Their midfield was a lot more creative but their defence not so good, no15 for them ran the show with Howard, I thought yesterday showed how much we miss a pacy attacking midfied player, one who would compliment the dog work that Elliot does.

Archived