IGNORED

Will Lansdown Give Us A Christmas Present?

criz360

Lita turned into a big-time charlie after getting a bit of success. As such, he would not be a good fit with our squad.

If we sign Ebanks-Blake, do we have to sing the KC and the Sunshine Band song 'Na na na na na na na na naaa Ebanks-Blake, Ebanks-Blake, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake' as the Plymuff fans try to?

I mean, if another thread on here is to be believed, 'Na na na na na na na na naaa Marvin Elliott' is as good as gone in January.

I think Marvin's going to stay, by the way. :D

If GJ identifies a player then SL will buy him within realistic budget proprotions. I think its as simple as that.

GJ already made reference in the summer how the Chairman WANTED him to spend money but he carefully picked what he needed.

In GJ & SL we trust..

That's what GJ would say, what SL would say and what i was going to say when i read this topics title.

I would like a new left back so Fonts can play in the middle. Or i would like McAllister to stop being a nob and getting booked.

I would like to know if Alex Russell can cover LJ's position if he were to get injured. Caus David Noble clearly can't.

I would like everyone to realise that we have scored as many goals at the same point of the season as we did last year so not to moan about not having a 20+ goal striker as you don't need one to be successful.

I would like a 20+ goal striker :P

Because we were doing so well in the championship this year and possibly could get promotion, do you think Lansdown will take out his chequebook and buy some new players?

and also, which new players should we buy? I say bring back lita!!! :englandsmile4wf:

That ex-gash player for Chelsea looked pretty good when playing for Plymouth on loan, Scott Sinclair wasn't it?

We should also go for the likes of Miller, the West Brom player on loan from Man City. If we're pushin for the Premiership we really need to start setting our sights on real quality players such as the Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea fringe players.

You never know, if we made the premiership, with Gary Johnsons gift of the gab, maybe one or two might even sign for us! ;-)

I would like everyone to realise that we have scored as many goals at the same point of the season as we did last year so not to moan about not having a 20+ goal striker as you don't need one to be successful.

....and we finished second because we didn't get the goals to turn draws into wins and defeats into draws.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake could be a decent addition. Also from Plymouth is that Peter Halmosi although he is a left winger which we don't really need but he is still quality and can also play left back, With him at left back and McIndoe at Left back we would be truly amazing down that left side. He is also very good at set pieces.

We'd be pretty good at left back anyway :innocent06:

Personally I would try to go for someone like Darren Fletcher on loan from Man U.

Pretty unrealistic admittedly, but if I were GJ, I would look at some of the Prem teams and see who isnt playing so often, and try to bag them on loan until the end of the season. This way we wouldnt have to gamble a shedload of cash on somebody(ies) that might not get us up and will probably have a big wage/contract too. Spend some cash on a loanee for 6 months on wages and maybe a small fee, and see where we are at the end of the season.

Where am I being negative?

I am as delighted as the next man, I was just pointing out that if we had a better strike rate last year we could all have been even more delighted.

But since we achieved promotion, spending fee plus wages on another player (who might possibly have scored LESS goals than the ones we had) would have been a waste of money. I'd rather be where we are now, than Scunny or blackpool though - once the season is over, up is up, it doesn't matter how you manage it, just what you do with the next season. People spent half the season saying we needed another striker or we'd fall short of promotion. We didn't fall short, so we didn't need that striker.

I'm sure we'd all take second place this season - or would people be saying that that we didn't finish top and so we should have got another striker?

Dan

I'd take Lita back like a shot, attitude or not, goals win games and he's been the most complete striker at the club since Shaun Goater. Can't hear Bolton fans moaning at Annelka being a stroppy git. The guy has a natural talent and is lightning quick, yes he has an ego thing, so does every good player, they love themselves.

Archived