IGNORED

Sproule

CityCiderEd

First of all I want to congratulate the players and sir GJ on a great win today. And how happy I am going in to christmas joint second, something I never thought would happen around August time. But here we are and I am fudging loving every minute of it.

The point of this post though is simple, I believe our Ivan could be one hell of a player and create sooo much more if he stayed on the wing! Also whenever Bradley has the ball Sproule is no more than 5 yards away, it is so frustrating at times, especially when you know he can do the full back for pace everytime! He must be able to hear and see the whole of the Dolman waving their arms and screaming at him to run the line. There we go mini rant over

MERRY CHRISTMAS, BRING ON THE BAGGIES!

First of all I want to congratulate the players and sir GJ on a great win today. And how happy I am going in to christmas joint second, something I never thought would happen around August time. But here we are and I am fudging loving every minute of it.

The point of this post though is simple, I believe our Ivan could be one hell of a player and create sooo much more if he stayed on the wing! Also whenever Bradley has the ball Sproule is no more than 5 yards away, it is so frustrating at times, especially when you know he can do the full back for pace everytime! He must be able to hear and see the whole of the Dolman waving their arms and screaming at him to run the line. There we go mini rant over

Still, what a player Sproule is. He is lightning quick. His pace alone causes full backs to panic :D

When he settles in he'll be fine. Still early doors really.

Did you notice an angry Basso blast the ball at him in the warm up ?

Sproule was non existant today.

When Orr is running with the ball, Sproule should stop trying to hold his hand and play on the full back's shoulder.

The one time he did do this, Carey slipped a great ball through and no one could catch him.

At least now I'm not the only one that thinks it!

Lee Johnson can spray balls left and right into space all day. i just want to see sproule running into them spaces!

If we could only swap McIndoes pace with Sproules, or swap brains.

Orr runs forward with the ball and Ivan is constantly 5 yards away.

Bloody run into the SPACE and you'd be through on goal!!

Makes me laugh but I guess he'll learn.

I thought i would be getting slated for this post but people seem to think tthe same as me. he will get it right though I'm sure of it

Forgot he was on the pitch for the first 20 minutes today. In my opinion he is a player who doesn't seem to want too much of the ball and marks himself out of the game by staying close to one of the opposition - an old trick.

GJ should insist he stays out wide and in space.

the man must get frustrated,

so many times today he was screaming for the ball and pointing to where he wanted it, then it went the other way alot today.

on the other hand does annoy me when he gets so close to brad when he got the ball,but he got alot of pace and skill, seen him do better before and think he got more to show .

I have thought a few times watching Sproule that he needs to be more on his marker's shoulder. If he did that a simple through ball would see him skin any left back in this division completely. He's the fastest player I've ever seen in a City shirt.

Faster than Junior ?

Sproule ?????????

can look v dangerous but goes missing for huge parts of the game

very dissapointing today in my opinion, he needs to be in the game more.

He also loses his head too easily and 3 times today gave stupid fouls away around our pen area

Why did that happen?

Not too sure, I think one of the players lobbed a ball into the net when Bass was taking crosses from Naylor and poss distracted him. Next thing I saw was him blasting the ball left footed in the direction of Sproule, almost took his head off. Much head shaking from Basso.

All forgotten now.

Spoke to Ivan before and after today's game, and have done so for a lot of this week.

I think he is a craking player and one of the few out and out dangerous wingers in the CCC. Without doubt the quickest too. He wasn't at his menacing best today, however his life is upside down at the moment. His wife was due to give birth on 14th December, and is likely to be induced on christmas eve if it hasn't arrived before hand. Couple that with the fact that he has all her family staying with him and christmas in a foreign country, then i think it was understandable. He still performed well enough though all things considered.

Also, he only turned pro in Jan 2005. Hard to believe i know, so i think positional sense and tactical ability is an area that he knows he has to improve on. Still, a model professional and a natural ability means we have a top class player on our hands.

Here's hoping all goes well with the birth.

Back to the match. I just felt that in the first 20 minutes or so we didn't try to find Ivan with passes or use that flank at all whereas we used McIndoe a lot. But it's noticable how Macca is always waving his arms and calling for the ball and Sproule doesn't seem to do that.

I've always liked wingers and it's fantastic that we've got two with this much pace and ability. I just think we should use them even more rather than resort to lumping it which tends to be McCombe's preferred way of passing. We are more likely to retain possession by using the wingers.

But I fully accept the point that as the game wore on Sproule was less and less available to take a pass.

Like it or not, Players like Sproule rarely perform consistently well. They seem to be brilliant or just not so involved. I thought he was excellent against Cardiff so it was no surprise to me that he didnt perform at that level again yesterday. Wingers are very often like that, Its a difficult position to fill. Sometimes it isnt your fault that you're not involved, Its just the way the game has gone.

I would have him ahead of Wilson and Murray at the moment any day of the week, Murray in his prime? Well thats a different matter.........

Still, Id much rather have Sproule in our team than be playing against him!!

Keep up the good work Ivan!!

Archived