IGNORED

No One Likes Us We don't Care

Red Robin

When listening to radio stations,Sky,BBC etc it seems everybody and his dog gets a mention.

EXCEPT US.

When the pundits talk about the upper reaches of the championship, the likes of WBA,Watford,Charlton and even Stoke get mentioned enthusiasticaly,however the vast majority do not speak about our club what so ever they just bypass us as if we do not exist.

I really would love a top two promotion,or even a playoff promotion just to show these donkeys that Bristol City are a proud football club,yes we aint done nothing for 20 odd years but give us a credit where it is due MR PUNDITS.

When listening to radio stations,Sky,BBC etc it seems everybody and his dog gets a mention.

EXCEPT US.

When the pundits talk about the upper reaches of the championship, the likes of WBA,Watford,Charlton and even Stoke get mentioned enthusiasticaly,however the vast majority do not speak about our club what so ever they just bypass us as if we do not exist.

I really would love a top two promotion,or even a playoff promotion just to show these donkeys that Bristol City are a proud football club,yes we aint done nothing for 20 odd years but give us a credit where it is due MR PUNDITS.

I'm perfectly happy for them to ignore us, it means we can go about our business relatively pressure free.

To be fair they don't mention Stoke much either. I saw on SkySports News the other night they ran through the goals at the top of the championship. They started with Watford (fair enough they're top), West Brom (who played stoke) Charlton (who've fallen out of the running for top 2 for now), Ipswich (who never have been in the running for top 2 anyway) and Wolves ?!?

It's just because us and Stoke are the "poor" teams at the top of the league and the likes of Leicester ,who they seem to think are absolutely brilliant for some reason, are teams that they prefer a lot more.

I would say your talking baubles mate. Big Weekend on Sky is always talking about us, Salako et al are always heaping praise on us and GJ.

But don't you think it's kind of strange how on the news the other day then completely blanked us when they talked about the teams at the top?

It made me a laugh a few weeks ago on Big League Weekend when George Gavin asked Chris Kamara about us and he said we were rubbish. His actual quote was "Gary Johnson knows they're not very good..." I think we've won every game since then as well..

But don't you think it's kind of strange how on the news the other day then completely blanked us when they talked about the teams at the top?

It made me a laugh a few weeks ago on Big League Weekend when George Gavin asked Chris Kamara about us and he said we were rubbish. His actual quote was "Gary Johnson knows they're not very good..." I think we've won every game since then as well..

I would imagine that Kamara had tongue firmly in cheek as he has already written a newspaper article this season predicting that we could easily end up in the top six. We just have to accept that the majority of pundits do not see us as top six material. As others have said we just have to get on with our football and hopefully, when the league placings CANNOT BE IGNORED at the end of the season, we will find ourselves in the mix. I don't EXPECT it to happen myself but 23 games and 3rd place is no fluke so nothing can be ruled out - particularly in a division where almost every single team is capable of beating each other.

As for Leicester - that was the only game this season where I was actually annoyed with the team. For the simple reason that Leicester are easily the biggest pile of horse $h1te that I have seen this season - and we got turned over by them.

EXCEPT US.

Posted before about the crap some of these so called experts come out with .George Gavin , Peter Beagre etc . . know nothing about teams in the suburbs outside the M25 . Yes there are many pundits who talk in favour of us , but to many , listeners are suckered in by the comments these nobodies offer . There lack of knowledge and failure to commentate in a passionate and precise style is ruining the future of commentry . Where are the next Davies , Motty , Gubba etc . .

We have been in the top 6 all season and deserve a bit more respect from these people , once they have seen us play and read up on what we've done and how we've achieved the position we are in .

:city::city::city::city:

I've heard us talked about lots. Until we are in the top 6 with 10 to play not everyone will speak of us though. Hopefulyl we can keep it up.

Agree totally.

Looking at the last 6 games stats we have 14 points from 18 and have a plus 5 GD, second only to Stoke (16 points and +9 GD). The bookies have us at a best price 4/1 for an away win at West Brom and 13/5 for the draw which looks great value considering our continuing good form.

Ix

EXCEPT US.

who the fk cares? We know what our teams capable of, the team know it, GJ does. Thats all that matters.

anyways enuff sensible posts. Merry Christmas to all cider Reds whereever you are in the world, and if your serving in Iraq, Afghan, or any other operational area. Take care, we're all thinking of you guys n gal.

Archived