IGNORED

City Fan Banned & Jailed After Assault

CityBS15

BBC NEWS

Football fan banned after assault

A six-year football banning order has been issued against a 40-year-old Bristol City fan jailed for assaulting another supporter.

Heath Williams, of Bathwell Road, Bristol, caused trouble at a home match against Charlton Athletic last month.

He was jailed for four months for common assault, being drunk in a sports ground and possessing a Class C drug.

Police said the banning order was the longest that had been imposed in the Avon and Somerset police force area.

'Powerful message'

Magistrates heard that Williams was arrested and charged after he was found drunk in the stand.

He had forced an elderly City fan out of his way, leaving him with cuts to his face.

The banning order prevents him from attending any matches at home or abroad for the next six years.

Football intelligence desk officer Roger Thayer said: "[This] will send out a powerful message to those intent on causing problems at football matches that this behaviour will simply not be tolerated."

There are currently 45 football banning orders in force in the Avon and Somerset Constabulary area.

BBC NEWS

A six-year football banning order has been issued against a 40-year-old Bristol City fan jailed for assaulting another supporter.

Heath Williams, of Bathwell Road, Bristol, caused trouble at a home match against Charlton Athletic last month.

He was jailed for four months for common assault, being drunk in a sports ground and possessing a Class C drug.

Police said the banning order was the longest that had been imposed in the Avon and Somerset police force area.

'Powerful message'

Magistrates heard that Williams was arrested and charged after he was found drunk in the stand.

He had forced an elderly City fan out of his way, leaving him with cuts to his face.

The banning order prevents him from attending any matches at home or abroad for the next six years.

Football intelligence desk officer Roger Thayer said: "[This] will send out a powerful message to those intent on causing problems at football matches that this behaviour will simply not be tolerated."

There are currently 45 football banning orders in force in the Avon and Somerset Constabulary area.

Was this bloke a Charlton fan?

Confused by the following "[This] will send out a powerful message to those intent on causing problems at football matches that this behaviour will simply not be tolerated."

BBC NEWS

Heath Williams, of Bathwell Road, Bristol

That will serve the fat headed ignorant bully right, only 4 months inside?

At the time the bloke was already hung drawn and quartered on here by people not knowing the facts.

If I rember rightly, wasn't it suggested that the elderly gentleman may have deserved it, because he may have been a paedophile?

Maybe now that the facts are known, there should be apologies for such suggestions.

If I rember rightly, wasn't it suggested that the elderly gentleman may have deserved it, because he may have been a paedophile?

Maybe now that the facts are known, there should be apologies for such suggestions.

There weren't any suggestions that the gentleman concerned was one at all, that was merely an example used to point out how stupid it was to form an opinion as to someone's guilt when not in possession of the facts.

Now the man has been convicted by the justice system it's safe to say good riddance.

I for one are all in favour in gaol for thugs and hooligans who upset and sometimes ruins other peoples quality of life.

But one thing did strike me is that this happend away from football would this man end up in prison, I think not.

Trouble at football has gone down over the years partly due the tough stance the Police and the courts take on football hooligans. This only goes to prove prison works.

If they took the same zero tolerance and appllied it to the wider society I'm we would have less crime and anti social problems and life would improve for millions people.

Old Man Terry, why should i shut up?

Your debating skills arnt up to much if you tell people to shut up and grow up.

If this was in the east end everyone would be moaning about the the stand should be shut down etc. Nothing this bad has happened in the east end this season but there are still ticket restrictions etc. I have to ring up or go down to the club every time my friend wants a ticket etc.

Take QPR not a lot happened, no punches were thrown. The fans in the east end gets victimised over it.

This man left a older city fan with cuts to his face. Now thats a lot lot worse than anything in the east end.

Old Man Terry, why should i shut up?

If this was in the east end everyone would be moaning about the the stand should be shut down etc. Nothing this bad has happened in the east end this season but there are still ticket restrictions etc. I have to ring up or go down to the club every time my friend wants a ticket etc.

Take QPR not a lot happened, no punches were thrown. The fans in the east end gets victimised over it.

This man left a older city fan with cuts to his face. Now thats a lot lot worse than anything in the east end.

totally different situations and your talking rubbish.

if 2 home fans are causing trouble in a home end in a isoleted incident.

how is that the same as home and away fans trying to get at each other in one stand?

it's a totally different situation, which is dealt with totally differently

Actually I remember this story. Was the old man that was hit and people were arguing whether he deserved it. Some even said that he may have been to blame. My cousins partner who was near the incident at the time was actually nearly arrested as they thought he was involved in the incident. Clearly the man involved was on drugs and the INNOCENT party got hit for no reason except he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets hope it hasnt mentally scared him and he still comes to the gate and supports his team. We don't need people like that supporting our team.

Actually I remember this story. Was the old man that was hit and people were arguing whether he deserved it. Some even said that he may have been to blame. My cousins partner who was near the incident at the time was actually nearly arrested as they thought he was involved in the incident. Clearly the man involved was on drugs and the INNOCENT party got hit for no reason except he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Lets hope it hasnt mentally scared him and he still comes to the gate and supports his team. We don't need people like that supporting our team.

I can just about remember it at the time, but as always threads get diverted.......speaking to someone who saw it, they thought it was just a random attack on someone who just got in the blokes way, he was said to be totally off his face at the time???

sorry, it was supposed to mean be......... your beginning to sound like bb (bristol boy).........boring

Sorry but i find bristol boys remarks and comments very positive and on the mark as to yours which are rather negative and dismissive , as to the remark about the east end , i think he is totally correct in what he says if there was an incident like that in the east end there would be negative press about the east end and as the poster said what about the trouble in the williams against coventry last year or shall we forget that aswell, don't worry i sit in the dolman so I'm not defending the east end as an eastender, another point like someone else said however bad the incident if this had happened anywhere than at a football match the idiot wouldnt have been jailed , just goes to show in this nanny state we live in at the mo if you fart within 5 miles of a football stadium u are scum nowadays, unless u are one of these car thieves which seem to get away scott free who roam around ashton gate every home match , oh i forgot its targets and profits the police pride thereself on now not policing, sorry to go on rant over up the city

Archived