IGNORED

City V Burnley Match Thread (merged)

CiderSomerset

My guess would be:

.......Basso............

Orr............McCombe.Vasko............McAllister

Sproule........Elliott...Johnson...........McIndoe

.....Showunmi.............Trundle..........

Subs:

Weale, Ribeiro, Noble, Skuse, Byfield

I was thinking something similar, only change maybe Byfield starting instead of Enoch.. Would like to see Murray on the bench though, he is more of a goal threat than some others and must be dying for the chance to wear the shirt again..

My guess would be:

.......Basso............

Orr............McCombe.Vasko............McAllister

Sproule........Elliott...Johnson...........McIndoe

.....Showunmi.............Trundle..........

Subs:

Weale, Ribeiro, Noble, Skuse, Byfield

Looking at that, I hope to God they don't posess pacy strikers! Think I would stick five at the back under the circumstances and play 1 up front. Could Ribeiro play a sweeper role to give marvelous a break from chasing back all afternoon?

Today's Formation, website has the team lining up as 4-1-4-1 with Elliot in a holding role behind the middle pairing of Johnson & Noble with Byfield playing a lone role up front.

Thoughts? as it's normally Noble playing in his role just behind the front man.

On another note nice to see Riberio make the bench even though it's at a cost due to the loss of Carey & Fonts.

Will be interesting to see if Ribiero gets a run on. He and Artus get mentioned, but youth has yet to be handed a chance by GJ this season.

In the early game, Crystal Palace started with a 17 year old and brought on another 17 year old for the last 20+ minutes, they are currently beating Sheffield U's 1-0. Billy Sharpe was brought on for most of the second half, yet to score his first goal with limited chances. This after 30 goals last season.

Ribiero on the bench.....Hooray and good luck to him.

Interesting team selection from GJ, can Byfield play a lone forward role? Isn't this sort of role usually for bigger target men who can hold the ball up - i'm not to sure if this is a part of Byfield's game?

Plus, good thinking to use the midfield anchor man, but surely this could mean we play too defensively with one less man upfront, unless Noble will naturally drift forward, bringing Elliot back into the centre of the park.

Interesting team selection from GJ, can Byfield play a lone forward role? Isn't this sort of role usually for bigger target men who can hold the ball up - i'm not to sure if this is a part of Byfield's game?

Plus, good thinking to use the midfield anchor man, but surely this could mean we play too defensively with one less man upfront, unless Noble will naturally drift forward, bringing Elliot back into the centre of the park.

Elliott to protect the back four. I thought this might be the case but with Cole Skuse doing this instead, but illness prevents. We still have Johnson, Sproule, Macindoe and LJ who all like to get forward

playing 4-1-4-1, which is a formation no one would have expected, makes sense though having Elliott protecting the back 4 more so.

...........Basso

Orr...Vakso..McCombe...McAllister

...........Elliott.

Sproule....Johnson....Noble...McIndoe

...Byfield

different, but judging by the start so far, seems to be doing the business at least it leaves Johnson and Noble free to bomb forwad whenever possible

Archived