IGNORED

City V Burnley Match Thread (merged)

CiderSomerset

playing 4-1-4-1, which is a formation no one would have expected, makes sense though having Elliott protecting the back 4 more so.

...........Basso

Orr...Vakso..McCombe...McAllister

...........Elliott.

Sproule....Johnson....Noble...McIndoe

...Byfield

different, but judging by the start so far, seems to be doing the business at least it leaves Johnson and Noble free to bomb forwad whenever possible

Certainly a formation no one else would have thought of - seems to be working though - good old GJ, good thinking..

Certainly a formation no one else would have thought of - seems to be working though - good old GJ, good thinking..

Strange, I thought I posted exactly that, but with Skusey who is out ill.

"At WBA we kept true to our footballing philosophy and came unstuck, against a much better, quicker footballing team. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it can be used to our advantage. For away games against tough opposition I would be tempted to sacrifice a striker and play with Cole Skuse in front of the back four, especially when faced with the prospect of no Louis Carey. This might have worked at WBA because Kevin Phillips kept dropping deep pulling Jamie McCombe out of his position, Skuse would have added more protection.

I would opt to see this employed against Burnley. With Vasko and McCombe at the centre, who I think will be exposed because their lack of speed, confidence and experience at this level. I would hate to see a repeat of the mauling WBA gave us. "

Guest zider_head

In the paper this morning it said Bas Savage had been left out te brighton squad as he wants to move, i thought he had done okay there, any ideas where he is off too anyone ? Super Baz Returning ???

Archived