IGNORED

What Is Going On With This Forum?

Meh

WTFiGO!?! - I like your current signature......

''The most wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed''

...laugh at the Gas and laugh with The BCFC Red Army !!!!!!!!! :winner_third_h4h:

Hey man, I just think sometimes we all could just do with a reminding of the entire point of it all.

Big up to you and to yours.

Mods and Admin leaving as well as the good contributors.

It's about time some of the up their ar$e gimps on here started to have a good look at themselves and realise they are taking this thing far too seriously.

Has it occured to you that if you carry on pi$$ing people off who spend their time running this forum that they might actually decide enough is enough? Then what will you do? You are too small and insignificant in the real world to be listened too after all.

What a sense of occasion you do have Neo :winner_third_h4h: , just 3 or so years ago, half the contributors to this very thread were seen as pariah posters on here. They all promptly left to found and then post on their own forum - the original subcider website. Now a few are back with a 'moral highground' thread. :clapping::icecream:

There might be a admin vacancy but not a moderating vacancy they are different roles to which one has more control of the board than others, saying that Madger may well return? but neo does a good job moderating ziderheads and he would do ok, but thats a case to decide for the rest of the team if there is a void to fill and at the moment it has not been discussed.

I hope the mighty Mariner returns. Him, Red Goblin, Rob Fernandez and McCoy were the originals. McCoy and Rob have departed so I will be left with just the Goblin.

Didn't know the admin / mod difference. But surely Neo's point about there not being enough people is valid as the existing mods seem to be under too much pressure. The Madger that I knew would not have left under those circumstances.

I do think modding should be a little more harsh, especially when it comes to attacking posters over their point of view, ie Sarah B, Ashtonyate get banned for very little other than having a view, there may be other reasons I don't know about and I apologise if there is. But just because they harp on about something over and over again it shouldnt warrant a ban, Red Goblin does it and thats ok for instance. (Just using RG as an example here, BTW RG I voted for you as funniest poster so no axe to grind)

But what is strange is that the people making the most noises on this thread and wanting more modding are form the subbers site, where the modding there is very lax, where you can say what you like and noone cares, perhaps that is what this site needs, a place where you can say almost anything as long as its not libellous, because at the moment I believe otib moderators have become too scared to lock posts when things start to escalate out of control, a simple message at the bottom of the thread from the moderator explaining why the subjects closed would do. And it could be followed up with a pm to the poster with an explaination in more detail, just a thought.

But what is strange is that the people making the most noises on this thread and wanting more modding are form the subbers site, where the modding there is very lax, where you can say what you like and noone cares

Two points:-

1. modding on the "subbers" (now ziderheads) site is less as the site is "pub-talk", however, I can assure you it goes on and the admin and mods are very much in communication when we see something that needs addressing.

Threads are deleted and moved, however, less noticeable as people are told why; hence, no follow on threads asking where the posts are! A lot of threads are moved to the "trash-can" whilst we discuss the implications and then put back with any comments removed that need to be.

2. I, like, my fellow people from the ziderheads site, know and accept the difference in allowable material on here; nearly all of us started are forum involvement over here (certainly I did) so we know what is allowable and what is the purpose of THIS forum.

Personally, I like both differing styles which is why I am genuinely concerned about the state of this place as I haven't bothered with using this forum very much at all lately.

The reason I stay over there a lot more is that THIS forum has lost its banter and it has been replaced with b!tching, hence, I stay over there where the majority of comments are very much banter.

P.S. As for Pilnin and his jibes above; you left me - remember that! :icecream:

Personally, I like both differing styles which is why I am genuinely concerned about the state of this place as I haven't bothered with using this forum very much at all lately.

The reason I stay over there a lot more is that THIS forum has lost its banter and it has been replaced with b!tching, hence, I stay over there where the majority of comments are very much banter.

P.S. As for Pilnin and his jibes above; you left me - remember that! :icecream:

The City forum is where to discuss some serious and some jokey things about City, the less serious stuff is on the non footy forum or the amusement arcade, plenty of choice on here to have a laugh about things.

I do think modding should be a little more harsh, especially when it comes to attacking posters over their point of view, ie Sarah B

Thing with her was that every single topic got turned in to a steve brooker love fest,

the more she was asked to keep threads on topic the more she posted about brooker in a non brooker thread.

There is no problem being a big fan of his and posting about him but do we need the posts

about the new stadium turned in to ''did you know brooker is in the reserves'' it then starts

off a player getting ripped in to for the sake off it to wind her up :mf_sleep:

Thing with her was that every single topic got turned in to a steve brooker love fest,

the more she was asked to keep threads on topic the more she posted about brooker in a non brooker thread.

There is no problem being a big fan of his and posting about him but do we need the posts

about the new stadium turned in to ''did you know brooker is in the reserves'' it then starts

off a player getting ripped in to for the sake off it to wind her up :mf_sleep:

I'm with CH on this one, there would be a thread about the defence or the price of coffee at the Gate, and she would chip in with something about you know who, it was either a blatant attempt to deliberately wind people up, or she is actually ill, and we should feel sorry for her. I think she was banned for her own safety, and the sanity of everyone else.

I'm with CH on this one, there would be a thread about the defence or the price of coffee at the Gate, and she would chip in with something about you know who, it was either a blatant attempt to deliberately wind people up, or she is actually ill, and we should feel sorry for her. I think she was banned for her own safety, and the sanity of everyone else.

And Red Goblin?

Just to add, I don't want a scenario where modding becomes only relevant if the person isnt a mate of someone on here or another site, moderators need to be consistant with everyone, it aint at the moment. Its a difficult job to do granted, but giving reasons for not allowing certain things on here will go some way to explaining why some things are allowed and others aren't. I don't want a this and them fight with OTIB and Ziderheads, both sites have their place and both are enjoyed by many. For the record I think Sarah is a loon.

And Red Goblin?

Just to add, I don't want a scenario where modding becomes only relevant if the person isnt a mate of someone on here or another site, moderators need to be consistant with everyone, it aint at the moment. Its a difficult job to do granted, but giving reasons for not allowing certain things on here will go some way to explaining why some things are allowed and others aren't. I don't want a this and them fight with OTIB and Ziderheads, both sites have their place and both are enjoyed by many. For the record I think Sarah is a loon.

Trust me RG has been modded and spoken to on issues and he has held his hand up saying he was ott on

a few things, i know you were upset about the police gestapo stuff but on this site and ziderheads it has been

dealt with (shame you didn't stick around to see) and RG himself has said he would cool it off and if he does not like SB he knows the out come, but i trust his word having known him for a few years :innocent06:

the thing with this site and ziderheads (what was subcider) it has been linked with the club and possibly the main

place the press & the club come for a nose without having to log in, ie: at the time of posting the guests out number the members 305 guests, 86 members, 5 anonymous members so that means there are 305 people reading this site, ziderheads

you have to log in to read and posts and where the audience is smaller and mostly everyone has met on that site,

unlike here where it is more of a wide audience and more family reading and to be fair the modding is harder as what

seems like a harmless post you get 6 reports saying get rid??? but the mods get the flack not the reporter, that is where

we will always struggle for consistency, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

I like,, neo know how to act on both sites as they are different and you adjust to take part, it is not they way foward

to mod this site the way ziderheads is modded as if you let go on here what we do over there then you will upset

a mass of people who are not in to that type of banter, the two sites issues should be seperate as they are two very

different independent sites.

• Admin

To add to Cider Head's post, if I can make a comparison between a school and OTIB, some of you would find it hard to believe how much 'running to teacher' goes on via PM etc. That is probably a big contributor to the cause of the frustration, that has come to a head with the 'press the button' comments.

We have had threats of solicitors letters, threats of violence, abusive PM's etc etc. All over nonsense on a football forum.

In this thread we already have two distinct viewpoints, more modding and definitely no more, maybe less. It's a balance we try to get right, but we're just human, we've got jobs and lives away from here, and admittedly sometimes make mistakes.

I take on Neo's point about notifying posters as to why their post has been deleted or edited, although sometimes it's so blatantly obvious, that anyone with a modicum of intelligence should understand why the action has been taken.

Perhaps we should start the new year over, perhaps an 'amnesty' where posters can return and we can all start afresh!!!?

Good idea, the more the merrier and a few of those apparently banned are prolific posters who give the forum much needed variety.

As for those posters who have decided to quit on principle, perhaps they should treat it instead as a breakable New Year's resolution and just have a cooling off breather for a week or two.

Lots of heated arguments at Christmas which are quickly forgotten in the New Year - hopefully Madger, Red Top etc. will think again as they are genuine assets to the Forum.

I don't know about everyone else, but this forum keeps me gripped like an addicted junkie! I try to ween myself off and go cold turkey, so I can get back to the normal world of tangible people - however I find myself being dragged back into the virtual world of otib - mostly as a reader, occasionally as a poster, but whether reading or posting, there always seems to be topics on here to keep me up into the wee hours of the night - even on christmas day!

I'll tell you whats going on with this forum, it's probably going to be responsible for me being sacked at work, as I can't resist the temptation of sneaking a quick peek between calls!

Me too. I always keep the City window open at the bottom of my screen just in case the boss is around.!

Archived