IGNORED

What Is Going On With This Forum?

Meh

Mods and Admin leaving as well as the good contributors.

It's about time some of the up their ar$e gimps on here started to have a good look at themselves and realise they are taking this thing far too seriously.

Has it occured to you that if you carry on pi$$ing people off who spend their time running this forum that they might actually decide enough is enough? Then what will you do? You are too small and insignificant in the real world to be listened too after all.

About time there was some respect for the jobs moderators have to carry out.

As for the mods and admin; you need to do some growing up too (we might push the button threats; what is that about?). And whilst you are at it, try some communication. Deleting posts and removing threads is not nearly enough. There has to be some explanation given so that a new thread isn't started that ends up biting you on the butt, which was obviously in evidence this week.

The deletion of the thread is not an issue; it is your right and certain posters need to accept that. However, the follow-up actions after taking this action are an issue. Tell those affected in a locked post. It would take two minutes and would have saved a lot of stupidness that has lead to at least two good posters buggering off.

If you feel you haven't the time to explain, they you need to increase the moderating team so that you have.

Also, if you want the good contributors to return; this forum needs far more moderation than the current level. Remember "attack the post and not the poster"? Posters are attacked in 90% of threads and get away with it (I do apprecite the irony in light of my opening comments, but, I am saying what needs saying at this time to move forward)!!

Anyway, that's my view. I'm off to be Eamer's most missed poster again. :blink:

It's about time some of the up their ar$e gimps on here started to have a good look at themselves and realise they are taking this thing far too seriously.

Has it occured to you that if you carry on pi$$ing people off who spend their time running this forum that they might actually decide enough is enough? Then what will you do? You are too small and insignificant in the real world to be listened too after all.

As for the mods and admin; you need to do some growing up too (we might push the button threats; what is that about?). And whilst you are at it, try some communication. Deleting posts and removing threads is not nearly enough. There has to be some explanation given so that a new thread isn't started that ends up biting you on the butt, which was obviously in evidence this week.

The deletion of the thread is not an issue; it is your right and certain posters need to accept that. However, the follow-up actions after taking this action are an issue. Tell those affected in a locked post. It would take two minutes and would have saved a lot of stupidness that has lead to at least two good posters buggering off.

If you feel you haven't the time to explain, they you need to increase the moderating team so that you have.

Also, if you want the good contributors to return; this forum needs far more moderation than the current level. Remember "attack the post and not the poster"? Posters are attacked in 90% of threads and get away with it (I do apprecite the irony in light of my opening comments, but, I am saying what needs saying at this time to move forward)!!

Voice of reason, well done Neo :worship2:

I don't know about everyone else, but this forum keeps me gripped like an addicted junkie! I try to ween myself off and go cold turkey, so I can get back to the normal world of tangible people - however I find myself being dragged back into the virtual world of otib - mostly as a reader, occasionally as a poster, but whether reading or posting, there always seems to be topics on here to keep me up into the wee hours of the night - even on christmas day!

I'll tell you whats going on with this forum, it's probably going to be responsible for me being sacked at work, as I can't resist the temptation of sneaking a quick peek between calls!

Dezgimred and Pilnin - I have deleted your posts due to homosexual slurs.

Neo, your post is surprisingly sensible! In an ideal world we would be able to notify everyone about posts being edited/deleted but some of us are only able to grab 5 minutes to check the report logs, take nescesary action and then go back to our day jobs!!! Increasing the moderating team is an option but then would be very difficult to keep the moderation to a consistent level.

Perhaps we should start the new year over, perhaps an 'amnesty' where posters can return and we can all start afresh!!!?

Great post, but the poster - what a buffoon! ;)

Interesting perspective. Not one that you shared when slagging off the Supporters Club.....

True, but, the Supporters Club aren't operating a popular forum for the use of fans.

In fact, i'm not aware of anything the Supporters Club do offer. Perhaps we will finally have a chairman now who will address this instead of treating its bronze members and non-members like second class citizens? We can but hope.

Have a good New Year and a great 2008. May our team prosper along with our fortunes. :englandsmile4wf:

The two people making the must fuss were Madger and RedTop.

Tbh, if they want to act like little girls then let them leave and move on.

Tis a shame because they posted some good stuff, but its their fault and their choice.

People take this forum waaaaaaaaaaay too serious at times.

My two pennys worth is there seems to be little niches on here from both sides,both sniggering at certain posters and comments,personally never have taken to much notice or concern about this but it does stand out a mile.

I think both sides need to take a good look at themselves,realise it is a forum for all to air views,there will always be a difference of views that is what make forums interesting.

I'm glad this thread was started, as I can post here rather than in a needy-looking new thread ;)

Further to what Neo said about things going downhill, I've made it a new year's resolution to remove the forum from my bookmarks. It's just not the same any more and I've got precious little web browsing time these days. I'm hardly what you'd call a "good contributor", but I've met a lot of nice people and crossed swords with some very switched on fans. So I just wanted to bid everyone a fond farewell - it's been fun! Toodlepip, my lovelies.

Here's to Premiership football at AG in the not too distant future! COME ON YOU REDS! :chant6ez:

Tis a shame because they posted some good stuff, but its their fault and their choice.

Now then young Henry, that is completely out of order.

The few years i have been a forum member, Madger has always posted well, and Brian (redtop) is a top quality bloke, very intelligent, and worked wonders for the Rovers lad that we all managed to get to Cardiff.

"Acting like girls", is the wrong comment to make cocker!

Very sensible posting. Falling between "the freedom of speech at all costs" and "delete without explanation" extremes.

As there's a moderating vacancy Neo looks to be putting himself forward and this time :whistle2: I'll second that.

A new moderating approach and a bigger team will stop the regular walk outs. If someone as sound as Madger feels he has to up and go then there is clearly way too much pressure on the mods and Neo's is a good solution.

Very sensible posting. Falling between "the freedom of speech at all costs" and "delete without explanation" extremes.

As there's a moderating vacancy Neo looks to be putting himself forward and this time :whistle2: I'll second that.

A new moderating approach and a bigger team will stop the regular walk outs. If someone as sound as Madger feels he has to up and go then there is clearly way too much pressure on the mods and Neo's is a good solution.

There might be a admin vacancy but not a moderating vacancy they are different roles to which one has more control of the board than others, saying that Madger may well return? but neo does a good job moderating ziderheads and he would do ok, but thats a case to decide for the rest of the team if there is a void to fill and at the moment it has not been discussed.

The thing we need to remember is in the last year the moderating team has changed a lot and it has gone from

times when bcfc were mods, to the supporters trust to now a selected few of fans, the consistency in this case

has not always been there but it has got more relaxed than in recent times so much so you do need to check more with other mods, it does get discussed, we try and act by the report button more (where members lend a hand)

there will be mistakes, some over modding mabe but you try and do what's right at the time so there will be a learning curve for the newer mods, but some posters do love to push the boarders becuse they feel they have a big name or a big following (and i have no one in mind when saying this) to then the reason of the forum goes out of the window and it becomes a game of posting chess with the poster and mod, we all need to chill out and see each others differences in a constructive way, all walks of life read / post on forums so you won't agree on everything, some will know inside info more

than others, it's tempting to post it but i guess people should think first or ask a mod before hand, we are all guilty of it,

this is a hobby not life or death as i've said let's chill out a bit more we are 3rd in the championship, enjoy.

We are Bristol city, stick together through thick and thin and let's see the long serving boys return :englandsmile4wf:

Henry, think it through. Madger and RedTop represent two of the main stalwarts of this forum. This forum could go down hill very rapidly without posters and moderators such as them.

But Eddie, could you honestly see Neo passing the medical...... :crying:

Henry, think it through. Madger and RedTop represent two of the main stalwarts of this forum. This forum could go down hill very rapidly without posters and moderators such as them.

No one is arguing whether they are good posters.

But would you and Arn be saying different if it different posters? Course you would.

Its just a forum. Chill out.

People say "It's just a forum" but in fairness I've met some real cool cats from off here who make it more than just words on a pc screen.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think far harsher modding needs to be introduced, not just in terms of content but in terms of quality. Raise the bar and it will improve.

Here we are off the back of a great win at Burnley, which puts our promotion drive back on track, sees our Hungarian international put in a great, inspiring performance and tonight's hot-topic is...

...great hungarian international players - Ferenc Puskás !!!!!...alright then.......England 3 Hungary 6 - Wembley Stadium, London, November 25, 1953. :noexpression: Statistics tell the story: Hungary had 35 shots compared to England's 5. The English fans lived up to their (then) reputation as good sports and stood and applauded the Hungarians as they left the pitch as worthy winners. This 1953 international was a seminal and historic football match that ended England's unbeaten home run against sides from outside the British Isles that had stood since 1901. :englandflag:

People say "It's just a forum" but in fairness I've met some real cool cats from off here who make it more than just words on a pc screen.

I thoroughly concur there Matt, it ain't about the forum it's about The People.

North Street said the same, it's a social network. And not intending to embarrass him but I was genuinely touched by Dorset_Cider's Christmas greetings, not to mention the recent attention of two lovely young ladies.

Nogbad, Madger (though I can't remember the experiances), Tompo, yourself, NickJ, then there's the Ziderheads crew.... Gobbers, cider head + father cider gliders, redsince69, Scoot (Mrs Scoot), Elvis, Spot, Phantom (Mrs P) I could go on and on and on... even Bristol Boy! Must give a special big up to Cooter - (Gobber's brother).

thoroughly decent people who I wouldn't have known if it hadn't been for this forum.

Call me a homo loving ****, I don't care. now where's that Wilksi too?

AS CITY FANS WE ARE CITY, ABUSE IS WHAT R*VERS WERE BORN FOR

Archived