IGNORED

How Were We At The Back?

Guest Eamer

I don't really get to many away games if any at all but just wondering how our huge two centre-backs performed today? There's been a lot of talk about how Vasko would play seeing the last time he had a game for us was back in October and how McCombe would survive without Fontaine or Carey along side him. Wondering how the both of them coped without either of our two regulars.

Wanted to see Vasko given a chance at some point and he scored which is great but was his defensive performance as good as we hear about for his national team or were we saved by Basso?

Well a clean sheet seems to say they done well

but i don't think johnson will keep both in the team for coventry and i think vasko deserves a spell in the team for being patient and takin his chance

also mccombe has looked a bit shakey in recent weeks so i think carey to come in with vasko and fontaine in for mcalister at left back

Well a clean sheet seems to say they done well

but i don't think johnson will keep both in the team for coventry and i think vasko deserves a spell in the team for being patient and takin his chance

also mccombe has looked a bit shakey in recent weeks so i think carey to come in with vasko and fontaine in for mcalister at left back

After watching coventrys game tonight against ipswich, coventry have alot of pace in thier attack so i feel, even though our big men did well today against a physical burnley side, we need to bring in fontaine for a bit of pace at the back and after all he has done nothing wrong this season to get dropped, apart from get 5 yellows. It is just whether we stick with mccombe or vasko along side him. Thats unless carey comes back and if he does then i would agree with your back four!

After watching coventrys game tonight against ipswich, coventry have alot of pace in thier attack so i feel, even though our big men did well today against a physical burnley side, we need to bring in fontaine for a bit of pace at the back and after all he has done nothing wrong this season to get dropped, apart from get 5 yellows. It is just whether we stick with mccombe or vasko along side him. Thats unless carey comes back and if he does then i would agree with your back four!
Everytime we play against Coventry all they try to do is get the ball up to Adebola. Having Vasko or McCombe up against him could be a good idea.

we need to bring in fontaine for a bit of pace at the back

If you watch Fontaine carefully, he is actually one of the slowest players we have.

He makes up with this by reading the game very well, but his lack of pace (and that of Carey) means we are so often forced to defend closer to our penalty box than we would all like.

I am a big fan of Fonts, but pacey? No way.

I don't really get to many away games if any at all but just wondering how our huge two centre-backs performed today? There's been a lot of talk about how Vasko would play seeing the last time he had a game for us was back in October and how McCombe would survive without Fontaine or Carey along side him. Wondering how the both of them coped without either of our two regulars.

Wanted to see Vasko given a chance at some point and he scored which is great but was his defensive performance as good as we hear about for his national team or were we saved by Basso?

Nothing lost in the air from what I can remember yesterday .Commanding .Both Vasko and Mccombe made some important tackles , but the Burnley attack was poor .Akinbiyi was crap although I think he sneaked a couple of attempts off the post . Basso back to his best on a difficult pitch . Top quality .

We lost a lot of ball in midfield , given away cheaply to regularly which at times put us under pressure .

Should have been over in first 15 mins as we had 6 or 7 good attacks and chances . Coventry a little lively up front and just worried the central back two ( although probably tallest in the league , not the quickest ) will get dragged around more than Burnley did .

Great away win after WBA .

WELL DONE THE BOYS . :dancing2::dancing2:

I thought both centre backs did well today. McCoombe seemed to relish the responsibility. Vasko gave me an early palpitation when playing the ball around the edge of our box early on, but looked comfortable all game.

Funniest thing during the minute's silence was our team lined up, arms linked, with Johnson and Vasko standing shoulder to er, um....hip

Archived