IGNORED

Virgin

Rocky

Anyone got the Virgin version of Sky+ ??

Any good? is it the same?!

I noticed they are doing half price (£75) installation etc.

It's better than Sky + in the sense that it has a triple tuner, so you can record two channels and watch a third (Sky can only record one and watch another (maybe record two, but not watch any other)).

The only problem i've found with it is that if the program times are slightly off, then you miss some of the program....i.e. I missed the last 30 seconds of Doctor Who on Xmas day :angry: The point being though that if you record a series that has cliff hangers at the end of each episode, then there's a good chance you'll miss it.

Still......it saved me the hassle of getting my BT line reconnected and having a dish stuck on the side of my house!

I'm probs being thick and cant work it out! How much would i pay per month for all the channels including all the movie and sports channels? I'm presuming this includes setanta sports and their equivalant of sky sports news? I currently pay £43.50 per month for all my channels.

I'm probs being thick and cant work it out! How much would i pay per month for all the channels including all the movie and sports channels? I'm presuming this includes setanta sports and their equivalant of sky sports news? I currently pay £43.50 per month for all my channels.

Here you go[

Can get all the channels for a score a month.

I'd get your phone, tv and internet with them and you should save abit.

the service is poo from virgin and the boxes are always breaking (See bbc news). :disapointed2se:

Sky+ has now come down to half-price with subscription lower than virgins at just £16 per month (skyvoucher.co.uk) ...remeber you can also set sky+ to record whole series off sky one programs like lost which you cannot get with virgin.

Does anyone think that the batteries runout in the sky+ remote too fast - think i must be switching to sky sports news too much haha :dancing6:

Does anyone think that the batteries runout in the sky+ remote too fast - think i must be switching to sky sports news too much haha :dancing6:

I get a battery warning every month or so. I've been ignoring it for 5 years and the remote still works fine. I think there is a bug in how they detect low power batteries.

The Virgin + package is better compared to Sky +. It has a larger hard drive (80 hours) and is more flexible.The only pisser is that you can't get Sky Sports news but I get it on freeview anyway. You can't get those Sky matches that are broadcast in HD either - but thats no great loss imo.

The Virgin + package is better compared to Sky +. It has a larger hard drive (80 hours) and is more flexible.The only pisser is that you can't get Sky Sports news but I get it on freeview anyway. You can't get those Sky matches that are broadcast in HD either - but thats no great loss imo.

Although Sky don't recommend it, it's possible to upgrade the hard drive in a Sky+ box. You just take the lid off and then it's like changing any IDE hard drive in your PC. Also, Sky HD boxes (which have all the Sky+ features in addition to HD) record 80 hours of standard def anyway.

To be honest the biggest deciding factor for me was the completely gash menu system on the virgin box. It's got a massive delay between button presses updating the screen and it's sized so badly, I was afraid I'd end up hurling the remote through the telly if I'd got the virgin box.

You failed to mention that by going with Virgin you're not pumping quite so much money into Murdoch's evil empire.

I've been with Virgin for donkeys years and never had a problem with them. In content terms I like how you can watch 100 or so different series for free with their on demand package. Do Sky offer a similar package?

Archived