IGNORED

Scary News Today

Red Robin

Apparantly POMPEY had a offer of 1.5 million turn down last week by the club for Elliott,however a improved offer of 2.5 million is a possibility.

Boro have bid 3 million for Basso.

Surly if we are to keep this promotion push going we need to keep our best players on board.

We are told by SL do we want top flight footy and back the team,SL the public need to see the club mean business,that means keeping our best players on board and adding some more quality to our current squad.

Time will tell us where were going,lets hope the bubble will not be burst in the very near future.

Radio Bristol

GJ: Received no bids for first-teamers.

ME: 'I haven't heard anything. I love it here at City, the team, the staff, the structure, everything. I've only been here five months, but it's great' etc

It sounded like he is genuinely loving his time here and isn't planning on leaving himself. But who knows, if the money was right and stuff?

Apparantly POMPEY had a offer of 1.5 million turn down last week by the club for Elliott,however a improved offer of 2.5 million is a possibility.

Boro have bid 3 million for Basso.

Surly if we are to keep this promotion push going we need to keep our best players on board.

We are told by SL do we want top flight footy and back the team,SL the public need to see the club mean business,that means keeping our best players on board and adding some more quality to our current squad.

Time will tell us where were going,lets hope the bubble will not be burst in the very near future.

Confirmed by Gary Johnson to all be total bullshit so please stop passing on make believe and ask the tools in the drinking club to stop making things up.

The Portsmouth rumour has been doing the rounds for ages because Jordan and Adams have been seen at the Gate quite regularly. However, it could be you that looks like a tool if the deal goes through.

1. Portsmouth don't need a central midfielder, they have 7 which goes down to 4 for a month.

2. We simply don't need that kind of money for such a key player.

3. Marvin is not even being guarded, he's beaming with his club form and general situation.

4. Of course Pompey would have been after him for ages. It makes sense that they'd try to sign a player only months into his new situation. Then of course they increase their bids in £1 million lumps.

Marvin has to keep his form going. Then in the summer you can look around and see which Premiership sides (if we're not one) need a player in his position. Then you need to come up with a credible bidding structure. Then we'll take some notice.

Utter utter nonsense.

Then there's the Basso deal. Which 32 year old keepers with no top flight experience and with only 6 months left on their deal have you seen go for 3 million? Bear in mind Van Der Sar went for £2 million with one year left on his deal.

Because the amount makes no sense we can safely deduce that the info is false.

When some vaguely sensible rumours come in I'll get worried.

So we've got Basso going to Middlesborough or Birmingham

Elliott going to Portsmouth

Lee Johnson going to Notts Forest

any others?

Is this the right time to bring up Orr to Everton again? How about Carey to... oh I don't know, Carey to Bolton. Don't forgot Fontaine, would Fulham want to buy him back off us? Showunmi to Sunderland was on Wikipedia a while ago...

Bloody hell, we aren't goingt o have anyone left. Panicpanicpanic.

Zzzzzz

Why do you feel the need to post utterly rubbish transfer stories? £3m for Basso?? Thats just stupid, almost as good as this: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry799058

Because dear admin man the information was given to me by someone who has contacts at the highest level,this is not headline gaining stuff just info that has been passed to me.personally hope and prey neither happens but the idea of forums is to give info to fellow fans. wheather it be true or not.

Your comment ref Trundle again no one will now unless the deal would have happened,I was condemmed when every one said he would not sign when we were after him, it was dragging on,yet i constantly said he would sign.

PERSONALLY HAVE NO INTEREST IN BEING A HERO OR VILLAN it is just a footy forum to give a bit of info

2.5 million for Elliott isnt actually a bad offer. Weve signed a player from Millwall for a small fee and turned him into one of our best midfielders since Gary Shelton. We took 2 million for Cotterill last season and people were very happy with that. If it is true you cant blame him if he wants to play at a higher level. The wages would be better too and even though we don't have to sell the lure of premiership football could be too much for him.

Because dear admin man the information was given to me by someone who has contacts at the highest level,this is not headline gaining stuff just info that has been passed to me.personally hope and prey neither happens but the idea of forums is to give info to fellow fans. wheather it be true or not.

Your comment ref Trundle again no one will now unless the deal would have happened,I was condemmed when every one said he would not sign when we were after him, it was dragging on,yet i constantly said he would sign.

PERSONALLY HAVE NO INTEREST IN BEING A HERO OR VILLAN it is just a footy forum to give a bit of info

I think that since the person who "has contacts at the highest level" was clearly lying to you, you should name names.

RE Trundle, from my recollection all you did was post that "DEAL WAS DONE" or somesuch other rubbish well in advance of it being done when everyone and their dog knew we were trying to sign him. Wrong info again, and then again about a fictional bid for him probably from the same source in the drinking club.

If everyone posted every half assed rumour they heard there'd be no room for anything else on the forum so perhaps you should exercise a bit more common sense and only post the ones that hold up to even the barest scrutiny?

Radio Bristol

GJ: Received no bids for first-teamers.

ME: 'I haven't heard anything. I love it here at City, the team, the staff, the structure, everything. I've only been here five months, but it's great' etc

It sounded like he is genuinely loving his time here and isn't planning on leaving himself. But who knows, if the money was right and stuff?

Do you honestly think GJ is going to say players have had bids against them,don't think so all will be kept quite untill it happens

2.5 million for Elliott isnt actually a bad offer. Weve signed a player from Millwall for a small fee and turned him into one of our best midfielders since Gary Shelton. We took 2 million for Cotterill last season and people were very happy with that. If it is true you cant blame him if he wants to play at a higher level. The wages would be better too and even though we don't have to sell the lure of premiership football could be too much for him.

What he cost is irrelevant, he's hugely important to the side and is now proven to be one of the better players at this level. Cotterill was a teenager inconsistent at league one. Were a bid of £2.5m actually made instead of just imagined it should be replied to with two brief words, and I believe it would be.

Do you honestly think GJ is going to say players have had bids against them,don't think so all will be kept quite untill it happens

He certainly won't make a categoric statement like that knowing it's false. He'd just say we don't talk about transfers.

2.5 million for Elliott isnt actually a bad offer.

It isn't actually an offer at all. It's made up.

Weve signed a player from Millwall for a small fee and turned him into one of our best midfielders since Gary Shelton.

Agreed.

We took 2 million for Cotterill last season and people were very happy with that.

Cotterill was inconsistent and his value quadrupled on the back of one decent performance on Sky. It was too good to turn down.

If it is true you cant blame him if he wants to play at a higher level.

It isn't true. Unless you're calling Gary Johnson a liar.

The wages would be better too and even though we don't have to sell the lure of premiership football could be too much for him.

But it isn't true.

I think that since the person who "has contacts at the highest level" was clearly lying to you, you should name names.

RE Trundle, from my recollection all you did was post that "DEAL WAS DONE" or somesuch other rubbish well in advance of it being done when everyone and their dog knew we were trying to sign him. Wrong info again, and then again about a fictional bid for him probably from the same source in the drinking club.

If everyone posted every half assed rumour they heard there'd be no room for anything else on the forum so perhaps you should exercise a bit more common sense and only post the ones that hold up to even the barest scrutiny?

Nibor why is everything other than your speel rubbish,I'm only passing some info on that has been given to me today,we will have to wait and see what happens,as said i would be a very happy man if neither deal happens.however you would not believe if i told you were the news came from.

Oh by the way i will not be nameing the source for obvious reasons,drinking club it has not come from, so you can put that one out the window.

It isn't actually an offer at all. It's made up.

Agreed.

Cotterill was inconsistent and his value quadrupled on the back of one decent performance on Sky. It was too good to turn down.

It isn't true. Unless you're calling Gary Johnson a liar.

But it isn't true.

I cant recall saying Gary is a liar??? However if an offer did come on for Elliot of that price I'm sure the club and player would consider taking up the offer. Elliott has been our best player this season, and although we wouldnt want to lose him noone is irriplaceable.

Nibor why is everything other than your speel rubbish,I'm only passing some info on that has been given to me today,we will have to wait and see what happens,as said i would be a very happy man if neither deal happens.however you would not believe if i told you were the news came from.

Oh by the way i will not be nameing the source for obvious reasons,drinkingclub it has not come from so you can put that one ut the window.

It's not everything other than my spiel that is rubbish at all.

It's just ill considered, obviously false rumours that would be quite clearly made up to anyone who put 5 seconds of thought into the matter.

You're not passing on info, which I would enjoy reading, you're passing on a bullshit rumour as part of a big game of chinese whispers that probably has many City fans who were not listening to Radio Bristol actually worried. It's a completely idiotic thing to do.

I cant recall saying Gary is a liar??? However if an offer did come on for Elliot of that price I'm sure the club and player would consider taking up the offer. Elliott has been our best player this season, and although we wouldnt want to lose him noone is irriplaceable.

The rumour about a bid coming in for him isn't true. Gary Johnson has confirmed we have had no bids for any of our first team regulars.

With that in mind, why is anyone posting "if this is true", when the manager has already said it isn't?

Archived