IGNORED

The Trundle Tricks - Spreading

Redmin

It's not even about him anymore Nibor. I don't rate him at this level and we all know that.

It's the folk on here that constantly praise him on this forum when he really hasn't done a lot for us. It takes alot away from the regulars in the team who week in, week out are getting us the results and Trundle gets a few cameos here and there and all we get is Oh trundle this, oh trundle that.....did you see the flick he did in the warm up........oh he held the ball up well didn't he....nonsense!

Its a team effort and I am on cloud nine with our position, but Trundle has been a let down and some on here are still high from all the hype of his past glorys.

I quite regularly see on this forum praise given to players such as Basso and Elliott, so not sure why you think that any praise given to LT is taking "a lot away from the regulars in the team"??

Since the first games of the season, I have witnessed LT mature from somebody who appeared used to running circles around average League 1 players without having to exert himself too often and without much competition, to somebody who gives 110% at every opportunity, gives everything to the squad on and off the pitch. Added to that I feel that when he does play, he gives us another dimension up front and gives opposing defenders something to think about. People shout and scream about a 20 goal striker - WHY? We are scoring enough goals to win games plus we couldn't afford the £4-5m price tag that a 20 goal a season Championship striker would command. This is the best City squad I have ever seen in terms of ability AND work rate - and the results back that up. LT is part of that squad and should be praised for the part he plays.

I quite regularly see on this forum praise given to players such as Basso and Elliott, so not sure why you think that any praise given to LT is taking "a lot away from the regulars in the team"??

Since the first games of the season, I have witnessed LT mature from somebody who appeared used to running circles around average League 1 players without having to exert himself too often and without much competition, to somebody who gives 110% at every opportunity, gives everything to the squad on and off the pitch. Added to that I feel that when he does play, he gives us another dimension up front and gives opposing defenders something to think about. People shout and scream about a 20 goal striker - WHY? We are scoring enough goals to win games plus we couldn't afford the £4-5m price tag that a 20 goal a season Championship striker would command. This is the best City squad I have ever seen in terms of ability AND work rate - and the results back that up. LT is part of that squad and should be praised for the part he plays.

Couldn't agree more about the strenght we have in depth, it's the best I have seen in a long time! As for praising LT, he does make a mean cuppa at halftime :innocent06:

You still here all week?

Couldn't agree more about the strenght we have in depth, it's the best I have seen in a long time! As for praising LT, he does make a mean cuppa at halftime :innocent06:

You still here all week?

I quite enjoy reading through your random posts especially since you have no way of backing them up as is evident from your post above. By all means have an opinion, but spouting drivel when you rarely watch the team play makes your motives on this forum questionable. :fish:

And yes, I am here all week.

I quite enjoy reading through your random posts especially since you have no way of backing them up as is evident from your post above. By all means have an opinion, but spouting drivel when you rarely watch the team play makes your motives on this forum questionable. :fish:

At the end of the day its down to G.J and S.M whether L.T has any worth on a game to game basis as all other players . Each game has different tactics and styles. L.T either from the start or from the bench has played his part in our great first half to the season in a higher league . We should celebrate the worth of the team as one not continually slate L.T , L.J Etc..

We all need to feel we can make a point with people on this forum who share our commen passion .

Come on this is the start to possibly the best half season for 30 years . If , a big if , we were to get to the prem , or even the play off finals , you would all be jumping up and down if L.T scored the goal that took us to the holy land .

Get behind them all , they all need us now . :worship2:

non omnia possumus omnes - we are not all capable of everyting . :smartass:

At the end of the day its down to G.J and S.M whether L.T has any worth on a game to game basis as all other players . Each game has different tactics and styles. L.T either from the start or from the bench has played his part in our great first half to the season in a higher league . We should celebrate the worth of the team as one not continually slate L.T , L.J Etc..

We all need to feel we can make a point with people on this forum who share our commen passion .

Come on this is the start to possibly the best half season for 30 years . If , a big if , we were to get to the prem , or even the play off finals , you would all be jumping up and down if L.T scored the goal that took us to the holy land .

Get behind them all , they all need us now . :worship2:

non omnia possumus omnes - we are not all capable of everyting . :smartass:

Spot on. Plus I'd never challenge anyone who quoted latin phrases anyway - I'm not clever enough. :clapping:

Although let's face it it's a bit pretentious.

A clever person can explain something complex in a simple way.

It doesn't take much skill to make something simple unintelligible.

Why do you think solicitors relish in latin phrases? It makes their fairly simple arguments seem obtuse to the average layman and helps justify their extreme costs for the simple stuff they do.

Wow. Didn't realise I was so bitter!

I really can't fathom why you'd want to slaughter a player at every opportunity like this, why have such a strong opinion on something you're not actually witnessing?

I think belfastcityfan's avatar and where Lee went to school might be a clue for you Nibor.

Although let's face it it's a bit pretentious.

A clever person can explain something complex in a simple way.

It doesn't take much skill to make something simple unintelligible.

Why do you think solicitors relish in latin phrases? It makes their fairly simple arguments seem obtuse to the average layman and helps justify their extreme costs for the simple stuff they do.

Wow. Didn't realise I was so bitter!

I said it in Hebrew ,

I said it in Dutch ,

I said it in German and Greek ,

But I wholly forgot , and it vexes me much ,

That plain english is all you can speak .

ee ii ee ii ee ii ooh , up the football league we go . :smartass:

Why is it bugging you so much?

Its not bugging Nibor so much, its bugging every City fan thats follows the team EVERY home game, that a lad who makes 2 home games a season, constantly gives LT a bloody hard time!

For feks sake Belfast, we are JOINT TOP, players, management, directors, chairman, ground staff, kit washers, doormen,barstaff, pastie sellers, are well happy with what is happening at the Gate!

Aint there a team in Northern Ireland you could move on to!!!!!

I said it in Hebrew ,

I said it in Dutch ,

I said it in German and Greek ,

But I wholly forgot , and it vexes me much ,

That plain english is all you can speak .

ee ii ee ii ee ii ooh , up the football league we go . :smartass:

I'm well versed in foreign tongues,

and a smidgeon of Latin.

But on a forum for football,

it's more apt to speak like cotton not Satin.

So you can take your borrowed speeches,

your copied wit that's quite terse.

As stick it where it doesn't shine as no one likes being patronised in verse.

Also available for weddings and bar mitzvahs...

P.S. Kudos on the best and broom thing, though...

I'm well versed in foreign tongues,

and a smidgeon of Latin.

But on a forum for football,

it's more apt to speak like cotton not Satin.

So you can take your borrowed speeches,

your copied wit that's quite terse.

As stick it where it doesn't shine as no one likes being patronized in verse.

Also available for weddings and bard mitzvahs...

The 'copied' wit , that you find terse ,

You've tried your best , but churned up worse ,

To stick it where it does'nt shine

To you that might be oh so fine ,

Nylon , satin , cotten or wool ,

Your non appreciation of latin , makes you the fool .

Gert Lush me ole babber. :smartass:

Great post Stanley.......but the BELFAST has threatened to make ONE MORE MATCH before the end of the season :innocent06:

The 'copied' wit , that you find terse ,

You've tried your best , but churned up worse ,

To stick it where it does'nt shine

To you that might be oh so fine ,

Nylon , satin , cotten or wool ,

Your non appreciation of latin , makes you the fool .

Gert Lush me ole babber. :smartass:

Communicating using rhyme?

I'm sorry guys, ain't got the time.

You're all wasted here, upon this forum

Most of us got no decorum.

So if yer going to wax it lyrical

Its going to take a bloomin miracle

For BelfastCityFan to understand

That Trundle is the best in the land.

Sorry.... :innocent06:

For that pose , thanks a bundle ,

I'll leave at that as a big fan of Trundle. :10_1_108:

Lee Trundle is his name,

The lad is simply class,

I like to see our Scouser lad,

Shove it right up BELFASTS ass!

He bleats on here, he bleats on there,

He loves to put him down,

Were JOINT TOP son, so stay away,

Yer sounding like a CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :innocent06:

Goodnight..

God the praise this man gets for doing naff all on the pitch is a bit embarrassing :fastasleep:

I have to agree.

The number of people who use the line 'Lee Trundle is Class' regardless of the facts is bemusing. He's been warming the bench for most of the season!

Then a thread is started because someone got a semi over him juggling the ball prior to a match :help:

I have to agree.

The number of people who use the line 'Lee Trundle is Class' regardless of the facts is bemusing. He's been warming the bench for most of the season!

Then a thread is started because someone got a semi over him juggling the ball prior to a match :help:

Seend, thought you were a better man than that mate.

Still comes down to where we are in the championship.(joint top)

F@ck knows what the comments would be like if we were in the bottom 4!!!!!

Lee Trundle is his name,

The lad is simply class,

I like to see our Scouser lad,

Shove it right up BELFASTS ass!

He bleats on here, he bleats on there,

He loves to put him down,

Were JOINT TOP son, so stay away,

Yer sounding like a CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :innocent06:

Goodnight..

:rofl2br::rofl2br: Arny that is QUALITY mate!!!!

Better than what? I'm just honest Arn and call it as I see it. I don't feel any need to protect Trundle, he's not performed and I don't see any harm in saying it. Although to be balanced I would say Trundle has improved slightly over the past 3-4 games so he could still come good.

Just to add that I'm elated at our current postion in the league, who wouldn't be after the past decade supporting our club :dancing2::dancing6::dancing2: .but I though the thread was about Trundle not being joint top?

Better than what? I'm just honest Arn and call it as I see it. I don't feel any need to protect Trundle, he's not performed and I don't see any harm in saying it. Although to be balanced I would say Trundle has improved slightly over the past 3-4 games so he could still come good.

Just to add that I'm elated at our current postion in the league, who wouldn't be after the past decade supporting our club :dancing2::dancing6::dancing2: .but I though the thread was about Trundle not being joint top?

Yeah, but Seend, your a great poster on otib, i find it hard how any of us, can give ANY player, bad press at the start of Jan, when we are joint top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate, aint for me to tell you what to post, but who puts down McCalister, Orr, Sproule, Noble, when they don't make a decent pass, or miss a tackle,miss a sitter,are on the bench, or f@ck something up?

Lee Trundle is in the limelight and given a hard time on this forum (unfairly) as he is a striker.

Lets all enjoy the times we are going through

Jacki was lazy - end of.Never tracked back or tackled anyone and just stood around waiting for his team mates to give him the ball.When he lost it he never tried to get it back.His overall contribution to the team was dire - like playing with 10 men which is why Osman dropped him.

I always reckoned that Jacki was dropped by Osman because he was better at football than him and Osman couldn't handle that fact.

I didn't see as many games as I would have liked while Jacki was at the club (I was living in that London at the time) but every game I saw him play (including in the cup at Leicester) was utter utter class.

Leave questions of workrate to the likes of Pulis (and Osman), that fella was worth the price of admission alone. And with Andy Cole in the same side ...

As for Trundle - what people fail to appreciate is that most opposing teams put about 3 defenders on him, now that might stop HIM getting as many goals as he might otherwise get, but it sure makes space for the others!

I always reckoned that Jacki was dropped by Osman because he was better at football than him and Osman couldn't handle that fact.

I didn't see as many games as I would have liked while Jacki was at the club (I was living in that London at the time) but every game I saw him play (including in the cup at Leicester) was utter utter class.

Leave questions of workrate to the likes of Pulis (and Osman), that fella was worth the price of admission alone. And with Andy Cole in the same side ...

As for Trundle - what people fail to appreciate is that most opposing teams put about 3 defenders on him, now that might stop HIM getting as many goals as he might otherwise get, but it sure makes space for the others!

Cornelius - took the words out of my mouth re trundle - most teams seem sh1t scared about what he 'might do' by multi -marking him which MUST create space! if we can start to use this space (perhaps that's where Carle fits in?) we'll be looking at automatic not play offs! :fingerscrossed:

Cornelius, that was a masterclass analysis of Jacki's and Trundle's benefit to BCFC. :clapping:

Archived