IGNORED

The Trundle Tricks - Spreading

Redmin

Have to say prior to the games I do enjoy watching Trundle juggling a football - he is quality :winner_third_h4h:

But, I have noticed others trying to emulate his skills and improving - also did I see Bradley Orr doing a trick in front of the Dolman during the 5 minute ball retention period of the 2nd half :noexpression:

Is this a dangerous trend with defenders trying to be clever ???

Have to say prior to the games I do enjoy watching Trundle juggling a football - he is quality :winner_third_h4h:

But, I have noticed others trying to emulate his skills and improving - also did I see Bradley Orr doing a trick in front of the Dolman during the 5 minute ball retention period of the 2nd half :noexpression:

Yeh I saw that, maybe it isn't the best thing to do on the half way line when you're 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go, but it looked good!

Enjoyed it when Trundle was weaving in and out of 3 Coventry players in the corner :)

Haha earlier in the season when Jamie and Trundle were on the bench I saw them at half time juggling the ball Trundle was doing all these tricks and McCombe was trying to copy him more often than not it ended up 5 feet infront of him great fun to watch though.

Trunds seems to fit in really well and him and Bradly went round all four sides of the ground after the game fair play to em.

Trundle might be a decent bloke and an 'entertainer. but you need more than a few ball skills and a bit of trickery to be successfull in the CCC.Three goals and the fact that Trundle has spent ages warming the bench,performing tricks on side lines says alot about how good he's been.

I don't understand why so many fans rate him so highly. He reminds me of Dziekanowski.I can never understand why so many fans rated him either. 43 league appearnces and 7 goals which is about what Trundle is heading for.

And.....I'm not moaning - simply stating an opinion.

Cause he is fun to watch!

At the end of the day that is what football is all about.

don't get me wrong Trunds needs to find the net but he is fantastic to watch at times and I always look foward to seeing him. Yes results are important but we are getting them to so we will see where we go from here at least he looks hungry again.

Trundle might be a decent bloke and an 'entertainer. but you need more than a few ball skills and a bit of trickery to be successfull in the CCC.Three goals and the fact that Trundle has spent ages warming the bench,performing tricks on side lines says alot about how good he's been.

I don't understand why so many fans rate him so highly. He reminds me of Dziekanowski.I can never understand why so many fans rated him either. 43 league appearnces and 7 goals which is about what Trundle is heading for.

Yes u are moaning!!! can never understand so called fans like u

He has been bought to score goals , and they will come . If we were struggling near the foot I'm sure there would be a few on Trundles back . We are not and they are not . Its a team game , he's part of the squad and the squad are certainly pulling in the right direction and have us on the edge of our seats dreaming and hoping :innocent06: of what might be .

He has been bought to score goals , and they will come . If we were struggling near the foot I'm sure there would be a few on Trundles back . We are not and they are not . Its a team game , he's part of the squad and the squad are certainly pulling in the right direction and have us on the edge of our seats dreaming and hoping :innocent06: of what might be .

Exactly its the sum of the whole that counts.

Moaning because I have a different opinion to you?

I happen to think that Trundle has got a lot to do to convince me that he's worth a million quid.If he could produce the same level of performance like he did when he came on at Plymouth most weeks then I would change my opinion.For 45 mins he was excellent and the faces of the Argyle defenders all the time and unlucky not to score but that was just one half of one game.

Coming on yesterday and holding the ball up in the corner with a few tricks is all very well but simply not enough imo.

• Admin

And how many assists did our Polish lothario get......

I don't really remember Dziekanowski, but from what ive been told, he was a damn clever footballer, and one of few that could read Andy Cole's movement.

But i don't know.

Moaning because I have a different opinion to you?

I happen to think that Trundle has got a lot to do to convince me that he's worth a million quid.If he could produce the same level of performance like he did when he came on at Plymouth most weeks then I would change my opinion.For 45 mins he was excellent and the faces of the Argyle defenders all the time and unlucky not to score but that was just one half of one game.

Coming on yesterday and holding the ball up in the corner with a few tricks is all very well but simply not enough imo.

Did you win moaner of the season on the forum awards ?

And did you then ask for that info to kept away from our eye's

Bet the people who did, hated the fact they got voted so much for being so negative they wanted it covered up. Ha ha stand up and show your self's and lets all top up your half empty glass

Cause he is fun to watch!

At the end of the day that is what football is all about.

don't get me wrong Trunds needs to find the net but he is fantastic to watch at times and I always look foward to seeing him. Yes results are important but we are getting them to so we will see where we go from here at least he looks hungry again.

I wholeheartedly agree with BristolCity1992. I've been trying to emulate that trick that Lee Trundle was doing at half-time yesterday - catching the ball on the shoulder. Trundle's got amazing ball skills and fair shout to him for running the clock down in the Coventry City corners near the end of the game yesterday. :winner_third_h4h:

I don't think so personally, i would prefer they try to be clever than stupid. i think the players admire Trundles ball skills and have probably learnt a trick or two from him since hes been here, this can only be good?

moral is high at AG, players are playing with confidence

I happen to think that Trundle has got a lot to do to convince me that he's worth a million quid.

I don't think he'll ever convince me that he was worth a million quid, but that's pretty much irrelevant since it's already gone.

The only thing that matters now is whether he's worth a place in the side and I think on recent performances he is.

He certainly needs to add a few goals.

I don't think so personally, i would prefer they try to be clever than stupid. i think the players admire Trundles ball skills and have probably learnt a trick or two from him since hes been here, this can only be good?

moral is high at AG, players are playing with confidence

Not only are Lee Trundle's ball skills being learned by his team-mates but I reckon many of our younger supporters are practising them as well. Lee Trundle was well worth £1 million for this alone - he's a great entertainer - isn't that what football is all about - entertainment ???!!!!

He has been bought to score goals , and they will come . If we were struggling near the foot I'm sure there would be a few on Trundles back . We are not and they are not . Its a team game , he's part of the squad

Atually, I don't think that's necessarily true; I think he's been brought here to create goals and to link play, more than to be a central 20-goal-a-season striker. I don't think anyone's truly exprected 20 goals from him in the CCC, have they!? Maybe in League One...

I admit he's not been consistent, but like some of the other players, (McCombe, McAllister, Showunmi, Sproule, etc) it's taken him a while to find his feet in the division and as part of the team, but in recent matches that's begun to happen. He may not create direct assists or score lots of goals, but he is doing lots of work off the ball, and like the holding-the-ball-in-the-corner routine from Saturday, often takes three defenders on leaving lots of free space for others, such as Byfield, Sproule and McIndoe.

He is part of the squad, and there is far stronger competition for places for him up front here, than there was at Swansea. As long as he continues to play, he probably will improve his scoring ratio, but let's not expect 20 goals from him this season.

I suspect he was doing exactly what GJ had asked him to do i.e. run the clock down.

No other forward could have done this as well but I accept that this isn't enough as you put it (for the £1m price tag).

For my part, I'm still waiting to see Noble and Trundle in the same team as I believe they could be dynamite together.

Atually, I don't think that's necessarily true; I think he's been brought here to create goals and to link play, more than to be a central 20-goal-a-season striker. I don't think anyone's truly exprected 20 goals from him in the CCC, have they!? Maybe in League One...

I admit he's not been consistent, but like some of the other players, (McCombe, McAllister, Showunmi, Sproule, etc) it's taken him a while to find his feet in the division and as part of the team, but in recent matches that's begun to happen. He may not create direct assists or score lots of goals, but he is doing lots of work off the ball, and like the holding-the-ball-in-the-corner routine from Saturday, often takes three defenders on leaving lots of free space for others, such as Byfield, Sproule and McIndoe.

He is part of the squad, and there is far stronger competition for places for him up front here, than there was at Swansea. As long as he continues to play, he probably will improve his scoring ratio, but let's not expect 20 goals from him this season.

Completely agree. I know its a cliche, but he really is lacking in confidence in front of goal at the mo. When he picked up the ball in the box on his left foot against Coventry, I was just screaming for him to leather it, but it turned out to be a miss hit, almost half hearted effort. He just needs one of his efforts to go in and I'm sure we'd see a few more goals from him.

I still cant fault his effort. When he lost the ball by the dugout after he just came on, he chased the Coventry player all the way back to just outside our box. He wants to do well, but I don't think people keep going on about his £1million price tag helps the situation. However good a player you are, it always takes time to adapt to a new club, league etc etc.

This happens with so many footballers, just look at Schevcheko and Ballack.

I'm sure a lot of Swansea fans would snap your hands off to get Trunds back for a £1million.

For my part, I'm still waiting to see Noble and Trundle in the same team as I believe they could be dynamite together.

Agreed, a few of us having been saying this for a while, now. It's amazing to think that Trundle and Noble have yet to start a game together!

Does GJ really believe the team ethic can't allow these two to play in the first eleven? If so, I'm very surprised. Not having a go at him, because he's clearly GOD, but I would like to see those two given a good run-out together. IMO they're clearly the two most intelligent players at the club and I'm sure it would suit our quick, one touch, pass-and-move philosophy to have those two playing alongside one another.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap:

I happen to think that Trundle has got a lot to do to convince me that he's worth a million quid.

Firstly, LT didn't put the £1m price tag on his head. Secondly, I doubt very much whether his focus is on convincing Robbored of his value.

Football is a squad game and LT is playing his part in what is currently a very successful squad where morale is high and results are going our way.

Firstly, LT didn't put the £1m price tag on his head. Secondly, I doubt very much whether his focus is on convincing Robbored of his value.

Football is a squad game and LT is playing his part in what is currently a very successful squad where morale is high and results are going our way.

Obviously LT had nothing to do with his fee but do you suppose that I'm the only City who feels that Trundle has yet to live upto his price-tag?

Its a common source of debate amongst most City fans that I meet.

Trundle is indeed playing his part in a successfull squad - but thats not what I'm commenting on.

Obviously LT had nothing to do with his fee but do you suppose that I'm the only City who feels that Trundle has yet to live upto his price-tag?

Its a common source of debate amongst most City fans that I meet.

Trundle is indeed playing his part in a successfull squad - but thats not what I'm commenting on.

You just said it yourself Trundle is playing his part in a successfull squad so as long as that is happening who cares!!

Completely agree. I know its a cliche, but he really is lacking in confidence in front of goal at the mo. When he picked up the ball in the box on his left foot against Coventry, I was just screaming for him to leather it, but it turned out to be a miss hit, almost half hearted effort. He just needs one of his efforts to go in and I'm sure we'd see a few more goals from him.

I was thinking the same when i saw that effort; probably his only chance after he came on..you could almost predict he was going to fluff it and so it proved; he clearly tried too hard because he is desperate to get more goals and the only way he is going to be consistently in the starting 11 is if he is scoring. catch 22.

Archived