IGNORED

Noble

tin

the problem is some people BELIEVE that Noble is the only reason we have done well this season and point at games such as Norwich and Sheffield Utd as this evidence and feel the team is built around noble, whereas others believe he's an fairly decent midfielder with a awful fitness record, throughout the season and yesterday was no different in that First half, he was great, but in the 2nd half he looked knackered after 10mins, after just watching soccer night, a strange header causing lose of possesion gave coventry the chance to score.

I don't think there's anyone at all that believes Noble is the only reason we've done well this season. He's only played a handful of games. You're hugely exaggerating.

He looked far more mobile in the second half to me than he has done previously. I wouldn't say his fitness was there yet but it was certainly much improved.

personally, if I was Noble right now I'd be very worried about his future, out of contact at end of season and with the signing of Carle he has every right to be worried, easy enough to say "he adds competition" but as we know Johnson only signs players if he feels they are that much better than players already at the club, with "creative central midfielder" being his main position, I'd be very worried if I was Noble. Johnson equally, but due to his fitness record and consistancy I'd imagine he will still be here next season, albeit it as probably more of a squad player, noble........come end of season I think he'll be gone.

Look at the players signed last January. I don't think you can say GJ believed they were better than what we had, they were brought in to add competition and we're in much the same position this January. Carle will be competing for a place just like Wilson and Betsy were last season. He is costing a bigger fee and might well turn out to be better than everyone we have, but he's not being brought in to replace a particular player.

Noble has the ability to play at the top level, it's down to him to put the effort in. I think he will particularly with GJ bringing him on. Lee Johnson doesn't have the same ability IMO, not even close, but does have better fitness.

Thats quite an amazing comment and I'd be equally amazed if Noble left the club next summer.The guy is a class act even when he's not fully fit.

why wouldn't he leave?

he's out of contract? and if he's as good as some think he is, then surely he will be looking to grab a bosman offer from a prem club?

also......if he's not as good/fit as some say, then the chances are he will be released as we will have better players

why wouldn't he leave?

he's out of contract? and if he's as good as some think he is, then surely he will be looking to grab a bosman offer from a prem club?

also......if he's not as good/fit as some say, then the chances are he will be released as we will have better players

Or more likely he will look at his options and then sign another 2 year deal with us.

He needs to be fitter but he has made about 70 appearances in 2 years for us which isn't terrible.

I don't think there's anyone at all that believes Noble is the only reason we've done well this season. He's only played a handful of games. You're hugely exaggerating.

scaryly some do especially a certain someone on here, he'd have you believe it was solely down to nobes for our best performances of the season against Sheff utd and norwich, but it was also because he was subbed at ipswich that we got battered

He looked far more mobile in the second half to me than he has done previously. I wouldn't say his fitness was there yet but it was certainly much improved.

Look at the players signed last January. I don't think you can say GJ believed they were better than what we had, they were brought in to add competition and we're in much the same position this January. Carle will be competing for a place just like Wilson and Betsy were last season. He is costing a bigger fee and might well turn out to be better than everyone we have, but he's not being brought in to replace a particular player.

Noble has the ability to play at the top level, it's down to him to put the effort in. I think he will particularly with GJ bringing him on. Lee Johnson doesn't have the same ability IMO, not even close, but does have better fitness.

Betsy was signed I still believe as a long term replacement for Murray (which clearly he wasn't) Wilson was to be a left winger, something we seriously lacked, very much horses for courses and doing a job to get us to a certain level, much like players such as Jevons and Russell were player to get us a certain level despite possible not being good enough for the step up,

I believe the same with Carle, a player signed for the long term to make the step up for the next level and to be solid and consistant at this level, something I feel neither Noble or Johnson have been.

you just need to look at the majority of players that GJ has signed they have been "better" than what we already had at the time, most have worked out, McAllister, McCombe, Vasko, Elliott, McIndoe, Noble, Johnson, Sproule, Jevons, Enoch, Wilson among others were all signed as he felt they were better than players at the club already and those mentioned did that to a level, some can still move forward, but without doubt Johnson is ruthless enough to replace them if he can get someone EVEN beter.

Or more likely he will look at his options and then sign another 2 year deal with us.

He needs to be fitter but he has made about 70 appearances in 2 years for us which isn't terrible.

take off those rose tinted glasses.........if he gets a decent offer under the bosman ruling with 50% more cash from a promoted club or even an top end championship club (especially one closer to london) the chances are he will accept it and be off like a shot.

that said he could sign a new deal, but I'd expect him to leave.

whatever way you look at it, 58 starts (plus 14subs) and only 5 GOALS in 2 years for a "attacking midfielder player" in just over 2 years.....isn't very good.

when you compare those appearances, to Mr Sicknote "Enoch" who has started 47 (9) in a shorter period.........it doesn't really compare too well does it?

when you THEN compare him to Lee Johnson who has made 78 starts in a lesser period than noble.........it does make you wonder about his future,

what that also points at is neither of Johnson or Noble score anywhere enough goals for "attacking midfielders"

Firstly, I'll start by saying that I thought Noble did brilliantly yesterday. We played some decent stuff and it mainly went through him.

The point if this post is simple. Nobe's lasted 79 minutes yesterday and went some way to prove that he can last longer than the 50 minutes people on here berate him for and if he keeps putting in stints like that then he will get fitter. A fit Noble would be like a new signing...

Rely on him. Boost his confidence. Prem player.

take off those rose tinted glasses.........if he gets a decent offer under the bosman ruling with 50% more cash from a promoted club or even an top end championship club (especially one closer to london) the chances are he will accept it and be off like a shot.

that said he could sign a new deal, but I'd expect him to leave.

whatever way you look at it, 58 starts (plus 14subs) and only 5 GOALS in 2 years for a "attacking midfielder player" in just over 2 years.....isn't very good.

when you compare those appearances, to Mr Sicknote "Enoch" who has started 47 (9) in a shorter period.........it doesn't really compare too well does it?

when you THEN compare him to Lee Johnson who has made 78 starts in a lesser period than noble.........it does make you wonder about his future,

what that also points at is neither of Johnson or Noble score anywhere enough goals for "attacking midfielders"

I haven't got any rose tinted glasses terry and I find it quite amusing that you accuse me of that.

Noble had two fairly nasty injuries since he's been here, one over Xmas a year ago and one at the start of this season that kept him out for the first two months and forced him to miss pre-season. That can happen to anyone and it won't affect whether or not he gets a new deal. That will be down to whether he puts the work in on his fitness.

I think Noble will keep his place in the side for a while now and his fitness will improve. He's got more class on the ball than any of our other players and he's a superb creator in and around the box, he sees runs and through balls much better than anyone else and can keep the ball under lots of pressure without giving out hospital passes. It would be nice if he had more pace and scored more goals but then it would be nice if everyone did.

I'd say the odds are good he will get a new contract offer and sign it, he seems very happy here and despite having a couple of posters on this forum on his back he's a very obvious fans favourite around the ground. I'd also say it's more likely that Enoch and Lee Johnson will be moving on at the end of the season but we shall see.

It will be interesting to see what Carle is like and where he fits in but he will have to earn a place on the bench first.

By top level I imagine you mean prem rather than international but even in the Prem I think he would struggle. He doesn't have the necessary pace to cope at that level. There aren't many slow attacking players that do a job in the Prem. ACtually there aren't many slow players at all. He may have the old cliche of an extra yard in his head and he does retain the ball well but he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Prem!

Carle is costing a bigger fee and might well turn out to be better than everyone we have, but he's not being brought in to replace a particular player.

This is a guy who struggled to get a place in a Turkish team we've never heard of. Sounds like a squad player to me. He will have to improve tremendously to replace any of our current mob and outstandingly to replace LJ.

The Aussie coach obviously thinks he's worse than Lee Wilkshire.

By top level I imagine you mean prem rather than international but even in the Prem I think he would struggle. He doesn't have the necessary pace to cope at that level. There aren't many slow attacking players that do a job in the Prem. ACtually there aren't many slow players at all. He may have the old cliche of an extra yard in his head and he does retain the ball well but he wouldn't last 5 minutes in the Prem!

I would say that floating around in a free role is probably the one outfield position where pace isn't an issue because players in that position usually don't have marking responsibilities and aren't trying to beat defenders. His on the ball ability is plenty good enough IMO, he'd just need to sort his shooting out.

I would say that floating around in a free role is probably the one outfield position where pace isn't an issue because players in that position usually don't have marking responsibilities and aren't trying to beat defenders. His on the ball ability is plenty good enough IMO, he'd just need to sort his shooting out.

I totally agree that on the ball he has the technique to do it but as an attacking midfielder he does need that extra pace to attack the ball in the box. Maybe we can see how effective he is against premiership opposition on saturday!

I totally agree that on the ball he has the technique to do it but as an attacking midfielder he does need that extra pace to attack the ball in the box. Maybe we can see how effective he is against premiership opposition on saturday!

He proved very effective against them last season and I expect him to start against them on Saturday. People seem to forget that the geezer has had no pre-season whatsoever this year and that is solely repsonsible for his fitness, or lack of it, IMHO. Christ, if Gascoigne said he's one of the best player's he's played with I'd expect that to stand for something.

It'll be interesting to see what people's expectations are of Brooker when he comes back. Fitness wise, he's in a similar boat to Nobe's but is nowhere near as good technically. Will folk barrack him if injuries leave us devoid of strikers later on in the season and he has to play up front but is knackered after 'x' amount of minutes? Or will there be a bit of empathy for the situation that he's played his heart out for as long as he could?

On Nick Carle, I genuinely dunno what to make of it. From what I've seen on youtube, he's very much in the Trundle mould for showboating but it'll be interesting to see where his fitness lies too...

He proved very effective against them last season and I expect him to start against them on Saturday. People seem to forget that the geezer has had no pre-season whatsoever this year and that is solely repsonsible for his fitness, or lack of it, IMHO. Christ, if Gascoigne said he's one of the best player's he's played with I'd expect that to stand for something.

It'll be interesting to see what people's expectations are of Brooker when he comes back. Fitness wise, he's in a similar boat to Nobe's but is nowhere near as good technically. Will folk barrack him if injuries leave us devoid of strikers later on in the season and he has to play up front but is knackered after 'x' amount of minutes? Or will there be a bit of empathy for the situation that he's played his heart out for as long as he could?

On Nick Carle, I genuinely dunno what to make of it. From what I've seen on youtube, he's very much in the Trundle mould for showboating but it'll be interesting to see where his fitness lies too...

Neither did McCombe...........

I totally agree that on the ball he has the technique to do it but as an attacking midfielder he does need that extra pace to attack the ball in the box.

agreed, pace is vital for that position as much as he is supposed to lay the ball off for others, how he needs to be able to keep with the play to get into the box to actually be in a position to shoot, as per last game he doesn't and didn't get into the postions to attack the ball in the box

I've maintained all season that City are a better outfit when Noble is playing and yesterday was no exception.Most of City's best attacking play came through him and he was pulling the strings much of the the time he was on the pitch.He may not have the engine or run around as much as Lee Johnson but is far more clever and creative influence.He's particularly dangerous around the edge of the opposition box where his vision and ablity to play others in are at there most effective.

Thats the last two games that Noble has mage the 80 min mark and hopefully he's finally catching up with the rest of the squad having missed the entire pre-season.

I'd really like to see him bag a goal against Boro as he did last season.

Christ, This is a first, me and Robbored agreeing. spot on. Against WBA, once Noble came on, (and in my opinion he was brought on later than he should have been) we looked a lot more confident and had the ability to actually pass the ball. noticeably Lee J, who had faded out of the game by then, then came back in to it. coincidence? I don't think so. whatever Nobles alleged fitness problems, we still look a better side with him in, than with out. I'm sure GJ can work on the fitness levels anyway.

Boro did their homework and learnt from what Noble's capable of from last season's game.

I expected GJ to mix it up a bit tbh but Southgate tactically outclassed him, which doesn't happen very often. We needed another man up front as it was clear Cattermole was shackling Nobe's from very early on.

Don't think his performance yesterday had anything to do with his fitness, just a tactical masterstroke by the oppostition really.

Archived