IGNORED

Chris Kamara

BITW

"Bristol City are third and deserve to be third. Gary Johnson is a very good manager and it seems that everything he touches turns to gold.

I always felt that he was destined for the top because of the great job he did at Yeovil and for him to have taken Bristol City to where they are after getting them promoted is incredible.

You keep expecting them to falter but it doesn't look like it's going to happen - they keep on going from strength to strength.

For Bristol City to be going into the New Year on level points at the top with West Brom and Watford is just incredible."

http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_st...3016761,00.html

Hope it spreads to the other brainless 'commen taters' :farmer: on Sky . ( Salako excluded from my comments ).

Actually Steve Froggatt is pretty complimentary as well. Reckons we're one of the few Championship sides to play good football. Don Goodman was also very impressed after the Sheff Utd game.

Most of the sky 'common taters' probably don't even know where Bristol is, let alone what division or who the manager is.

Sky Sports is so Premiership driven, Unless your Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, or the Arse they are usually clueless.

Quite correct sir . They do seem to like WBA and Watford as well though .

Peter Beagrie is usually fairly good. I haven't really got a problem with the media and City.

Yeah Beagrie was really balanced in his commentary for the Sheff Wed game wasn't he. He even forgot who they were playing at one stage. I thought I was listening to the radio Sheffield feed over the Sky pictures!

Yeah Beagrie was really balanced in his commentary for the Sheff Wed game wasn't he. He even forgot who they were playing at one stage. I thought I was listening to the radio Sheffield feed over the Sky pictures!

Can't really remember it but whenever I have seen him I haven't had a problem. People get worked up too easily about commentators.

My two most hated Beagrie and Birtles - closely followed by George Gavin ( mind you I've posted that about 6 times in last three weeks , sorry all )

The championship chumps .

Guest MaloneFM

Shush now youngsters. Sit at uncles feet and let him tell you of the 'Stelling'.

Far above the smugness of saturday night Gary Crisps, beyond the dullness of Polar Bear Matt Smith on the Championship who stretches each sentence before he gets.............................to the end of it.

Why the big paws?

The Stelling is a monkeyhanger. He was at the Gate for the play off game. Mrs M keeps regular tabs on him on Gillette Soccer Saturday and he never has a bad word to say about us. Unlike Dollop the talking mules mob who if he said 'couldn't beat 8 man Luton' once last saturday....

Look if it will play here is the Stelling proving why he is dyed head and shoulders above anything presently on British television regarding football.

That glorious day in May last year:

My two most hated Beagrie and Birtles - closely followed by George Gavin ( mind you I've posted that about 6 times in last three weeks , sorry all )

The championship chumps .

Steve Cottrell has to be the worse, he had no city players in his Championship best team - Did not say a word when John Salako (he had 3) was singing our praises.

Shush now youngsters. Sit at uncles feet and let him tell you of the 'Stelling'.

Far above the smugness of saturday night Gary Crisps, beyond the dullness of Polar Bear Matt Smith on the Championship who stretches each sentence before he gets...to the end of it.

Why the big paws?

The Stelling is a monkeyhanger. He was at the Gate for the play off game. Mrs M keeps regular tabs on him on Gillette Soccer Saturday and he never has a bad word to say about us. Unlike Dollop the talking mules mob who if he said 'couldn't beat 8 man Luton' once last saturday....

Look if it will play here is the Stelling proving why he is dyed head and shoulders above anything presently on British television regarding football.

That glorious day in May last year:

Geoff Stelling , like G.J the best out there . Rather p**s myself than miss Uncle Geoff ,if not at a game .

Steve Cottrell has to be the worse, he had no city players in his Championship best team - Did not say a word when John Salako (he had 3) was singing our praises.

And worst thing is , he bloody has the same accent as us - think he'd jump on board would'nt you .

That's what working up north has done to him . :disapointed2se:

Guest MaloneFM
Geoff Stelling , like G.J the best out there . Rather p**s myself than miss Uncle Geoff ,if not at a game .

I manage to do the former while not missing the latter.

Is that multi tasking?

Quite correct sir . They do seem to like WBA and Watford as well though .

These posts taken in response to the Kamara article - Colin Reed, where are you?

Colin Reed (Bristol City fan) says...

I respect your opinion on football matters, but Gary Johnson capable of taking my club into the Premiership? Surely not. He isn't capable of managing top players for starters, just look at the Marcus Stewart fiasco. Do you really think that he has what it takes to manage a top Championship side let alone a premiership one. I think that he has just got lucky so far.

Posted 09:59 13th September 2007

Gary Johnson has never been my choice of manager for my beloved City. Although he has managed to get the results so far, how long will this last. 1 Million for trundle was a joke. We will go nowhere as long as Gary is in charge. We have only played a handful of games. Let's judge him after 10 games and see where we are. If we are below mid table time for a change.

Posted 09:49 13th September 2007

"Bristol City are third and deserve to be third. Gary Johnson is a very good manager and it seems that everything he touches turns to gold.

I always felt that he was destined for the top because of the great job he did at Yeovil and for him to have taken Bristol City to where they are after getting them promoted is incredible.

You keep expecting them to falter but it doesn't look like it's going to happen - they keep on going from strength to strength.

For Bristol City to be going into the New Year on level points at the top with West Brom and Watford is just incredible."

http://www.skysports.com/experts/expert_st...3016761,00.html

The truth and nothing but the truth.

Garry Birtles is the biggest ass at sky.

His ineptitude is starting to ruin my enjoyment of sky's coverage of championship football, he's completely blinkered.

I couldn't agree more. I watch alot of football on Sky including the Championship and Div One and he's always on, but adding nothing of interest and stating the obvious. He's got a very 'no it all' manner and his voice is aggravating to say the least.

But let's face it Sky seem to like employing useless co-commentators. Jamie Redknapp, Alan McInally, Birtles. The list goes on.

People get worked up too easily about commentators.

That s because people who watch these games (other than the teams playing supporters) believe what the commentators say, hang on their every word, and cannot form their own opinion on the game. If the commentator says it was a hand ball, well, it must have been.

These posts taken in response to the Kamara article - Colin Reed, where are you?

I respect your opinion on football matters, but Gary Johnson capable of taking my club into the Premiership? Surely not. He isn't capable of managing top players for starters, just look at the Marcus Stewart fiasco. Do you really think that he has what it takes to manage a top Championship side let alone a premiership one. I think that he has just got lucky so far.

Posted 09:59 13th September 2007

Gary Johnson has never been my choice of manager for my beloved City. Although he has managed to get the results so far, how long will this last. 1 Million for trundle was a joke. We will go nowhere as long as Gary is in charge. We have only played a handful of games. Let's judge him after 10 games and see where we are. If we are below mid table time for a change.

Posted 09:49 13th September 2007

Mr reed is a #### with no football brain what so ever.

Archived