IGNORED

Palace Tickets...

The Chaplain

With the amount of tickets we've got I wouldn't have thought there'd be much need to be honest.

Maybe so, but not the point IMO. Every away game so far this season, season ticket holders have had first refusal (if you like) on whether they want to buy away tickets, THEN they have gone on general sale. Will the club do this if we get a draw against boro and go to a replay again? I don't think so as if it goes straight on general sale, and sells out within 2 days, season ticket holders who werent able to get tickets in that short space of time wont be happy and the whole argument over tickets will s tart up again. Sometimes the club don't exactly help themselves

Maybe so, but not the point IMO. Every away game so far this season, season ticket holders have had first refusal (if you like) on whether they want to buy away tickets, THEN they have gone on general sale. Will the club do this if we get a draw against boro and go to a replay again? I don't think so as if it goes straight on general sale, and sells out within 2 days, season ticket holders who werent able to get tickets in that short space of time wont be happy and the whole argument over tickets will s tart up again. Sometimes the club don't exactly help themselves

Your stressing about nothing! As you say the club have done this for every game so far, so what makes you think they will not give ST holders priority for a boro replay? We have a huge amount of tickets for Palace, its not going to sell out, there was no need for them to priority sales to ST holders!

That would be pointless. We have 3,800 tickets. More than enough. Any fan who wants one can buy them so why bother with staggered sales. 3 points-

1. It is more complicated for fans to understand the sales procedure.

2. It creates more work for the ticket office.

3. It's actually more hassle for season ticket holders if they want to bring a group of non-season ticket holder friends along to the game.

Simple ticketing= good.

Only do priority when needed.

That would be pointless. We have 3,800 tickets. More than enough. Any fan who wants one can buy them so why bother with staggered sales. 3 points-

1. It is more complicated for fans to understand the sales procedure.

2. It creates more work for the ticket office.

3. It's actually more hassle for season ticket holders if they want to bring a group of non-season ticket holder friends along to the game.

Simple ticketing= good.

Only do priority when needed.

An answer to each point:

1) There is nothing wrong with the current procesdure of season ticket holders and member until a certain date, then general sale the day after that.

2) They've seemed to cope well enough so far.

3) Yes, granted it is more hassle, but i havent heard anyone moaning about that before, that's because the system has always been priority.

There was no priority needed for the Sheffield Wednesday game as that was never going to sell out once kick off was changed, but the club still had it in place.

An answer to each point:

1) There is nothing wrong with the current procesdure of season ticket holders and member until a certain date, then general sale the day after that.

3) Yes, granted it is more hassle, but i havent heard anyone moaning about that before, that's because the system has always been priority.

There was no priority needed for the Sheffield Wednesday game as that was never going to sell out once kick off was changed, but the club still had it in place.

Chill Out!!!

Your going to get a ticket on saturday with out any problem, there is no issue!

If so, where was the option of the season ticket holders advantage?! Poor by the club i personally think.

If there were an limited amount of tickets then I would be in total agreement with you, but as we have the best part of 4,000 tickets I don't think you really have a valid point and don't understand why your having a dig at the club.

Get on with it and buy your ticket and stop moaning Giles :innocent06:

An answer to each point:

To reply to each point and to avoid work:

1. But some people may want to organise a big day out. I, for example, being in London may want to go with a whole load of mates from up here who are not season ticket holders or mates/colleagues who I plan to drag along to see the game (and convert!)

2. Of course they have coped. The US has "coped" with the threat of terrorism but it's not something they would wish to keep (ok, cynical political arguments aside!). Just think it's bureaucracy for the sake of it.

3. But then, to be fair mate, I've never heard anyone moan about not being priority sales for a game with 3,800 away tickets!!

ok, now back to the coal face!

but its pay on the day they don't need to give season tickets holders first refusal.

read the report properly first before launching into rant over nothing

Got my palace tickets, just wondering what the likely away attendance will be. I have bought tickets seperately from my friends and my old man, but am i right in thinking we have a 3800 allowance?? Therefore we surely wont sell out. Will this mean a return to the glorious 'sit where you want' away policy with the cracking atmosphere?

Got my palace tickets, just wondering what the likely away attendance will be. I have bought tickets seperately from my friends and my old man, but am i right in thinking we have a 3800 allowance?? Therefore we surely wont sell out. Will this mean a return to the glorious 'sit where you want' away policy with the cracking atmosphere?

I would think so yes!!

If anyone is still thinking of going by train I've just found a return on the day for £18.60.

Ok there's 1 change going to London and 3 coming back but want do you want for that price.

1st go to the trainline.com

2nd put in bristol to london return 19/01 ( I choose 7am depart return 7pm )

3rd select the train times you want, this will come up at a higher price ( don't panic )

4th under the total ticket cost, at the bottom of screen you will see Results are based on the fastest trains. Slower routes with cheaper tickets may be available ( click this link )

5th you will then see the APEX return price via Sailsbury. click and choose you train time.

I'm going to Palace with National Express funfairs. :laugh:

Should compensate somewhat for the £25 match ticket...no student discounts booo.

I have a feeling we could see a massive away following at Selhurst Park...3000+ I reckon.

i'm going to book up me good friend of megabus.

should cost me about £10 round trip from manchester plus a return from victoria to selhurst......

Happy days!!!!!!!

(if only there was a student ticket price for the match!!!)

• Admin
1. But some people may want to organise a big day out. I, for example, being in London may want to go with a whole load of mates from up here who are not season ticket holders or mates/colleagues who I plan to drag along to see the game (and convert!)

This is true = every match where ST holders tickets have gone on sale first this season has created problems but there is always ways around this !

I thought we had 1300 tickets up front with another 3800 on the day ?

This is true = every match where ST holders tickets have gone on sale first this season has created problems but there is always ways around this !

I thought we had 1300 tickets up front with another 3800 on the day ?

i think its a total of 3800 with 1090 of these available upfront.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/AwayTickets/0,,...1195659,00.html

Archived