IGNORED

Boro!

Guest We all smile we all sing

If you ask me we'll do well for 15-16k

Yes, we seem to be settling into about 15k as the norm and there doesn't seem to be as much interest in the tie as I originally expected.

I still think it's going to be a great test. This is the sort of team we need to be beating at the level we have reached in a short time i.e. challenging at the top of the Championship or in the Prem itself next season.

Whatever the crowd number, let's hope we can create a big atmosphere throughout AG. :winner_third_h4h:

I reckon somewhere between 15500 and 16000 depending on how many Boro bring down. Reason being there hasn't been any mention on the Official Site of EE being open, or even tickets in the Dolman and Atyeo starting to sell out.

i got my ticket on tues and wanted to get one in the ee but was told i cant as we don't need the overflow

I reckon somewhere between 15500 and 16000 depending on how many Boro bring down. Reason being there hasn't been any mention on the Official Site of EE being open, or even tickets in the Dolman and Atyeo starting to sell out.

Bought an extra tkt today, someone asked about the East End and was told that tkts were available but you had to be invited by a season tkt holder.

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not going - and I know of four other ST holders who aren't either. Hence the probable 15k attendance.

Unfortunately for Middlesbrough they aren't illustrious enough to pull a crowd, they may be Prem but my betting is Championship next season. Chelsea/Man Utd would have had the tickets flying out (like it or not!).

Also at this stage the cup is nothing but a hindrance to the bigger picture in the league. Whilst it would be good to go through and get some more cash from the next rounds, I kind of hope we crash out so we can concentrate on the league. That is surely our one ambition at this stage. I always watch us in the league because come the end of each season every possible point counts, but this is something of a nothing game.

Well done to all those that are going (well done for having budgeted better through Xmas!!) and I shall still hope Sky put it on last minute in which case I will watch it from home. But I personally cant afford, or justify, £25 for it. I wouldn't have it in me to sing up there cos, for the sake of the bigger picture, I am slightly hoping we don't win!

They must be selling fairly well , i CANT get 2 together in the dolman on the online tickets :noexpression:

What about other areas? Tbh I would have expected Dolman to sell well for this game as it always is the first stand to sell out, plus as there is no difference in price between that and the Atyeo some people would go in the Dolman for the arguably 'better view', who would normally just go for the cheapest seats (eg Atyeo).

What about other areas? Tbh I would have expected Dolman to sell well for this game as it always is the first stand to sell out, plus as there is no difference in price between that and the Atyeo some people would go in the Dolman for the arguably 'better view', who would normally just go for the cheapest seats (eg Atyeo).

Been looking allround the ground and cant get 2 together for some strange reason :noexpression: . Will have to ring up in the morning i think.

Or the better idea maybe to wait till saturday and hope the EE is being used as an overflow :cool2:

Been looking allround the ground and cant get 2 together for some strange reason :noexpression: . Will have to ring up in the morning i think.

Sorry you're having problems securing your tickets Bill, but if that is the case, we should see 16K+ in the ground on Saturday. That would be very good in my opinion, especially good, considering the standard of the opposition ;)

I'm a season ticket holder and I'm not going - and I know of four other ST holders who aren't either. Hence the probable 15k attendance.

Unfortunately for Middlesbrough they aren't illustrious enough to pull a crowd, they may be Prem but my betting is Championship next season. Chelsea/Man Utd would have had the tickets flying out (like it or not!).

Also at this stage the cup is nothing but a hindrance to the bigger picture in the league. Whilst it would be good to go through and get some more cash from the next rounds, I kind of hope we crash out so we can concentrate on the league. That is surely our one ambition at this stage. I always watch us in the league because come the end of each season every possible point counts, but this is something of a nothing game.

Well done to all those that are going (well done for having budgeted better through Xmas!!) and I shall still hope Sky put it on last minute in which case I will watch it from home. But I personally cant afford, or justify, £25 for it. I wouldn't have it in me to sing up there cos, for the sake of the bigger picture, I am slightly hoping we don't win!

Have to say Ross, I'm the same. Hate missing games but with a family and the associated expenses this time of year brings, I had a choice, QPR away or Boro at home. The CCC has to prevail. Rather the City win at QPR and lose Saturday than the other way round.

Hate missing a City game but it's a choice I am sure we have all made or will make!

I think the cup has been something of a hindrance at times in the past, but there's something different about this team.

Last season I felt much like you about it. As in, the comeback against Middlesbrough was great - but do we really need a replay?

But I think the games against Coventry and Boro last season helped to cement the belief that we could compete at a higher level. Saturday's game to me is another one where it will be good to keep the momentum going and morale high if we can win. And it's another opportunity to measure our progress.

Luckily, I'm at a time of life where I can afford £40 for a couple of tickets. I missed loads of games in my younger days because of working away from Bristol and not having the time or money. So I have every sympathy for those who have to pick and choose.

I will be supporting the boys to win. We'll probably have a blank Saturday on January 26 if we don't and how dull would that be?

Quite likely :unsure: that the E.E will be available for this game, quite unlikely that we will be told about it though, until the last second.

Its getting near past the time now when the club should open it again, to ALL including transfers. There will not be mass riots and dozens of arrests.

Come on Steve increase attendance make many fans happy, do it, give it back. :fingerscrossed:

Can't really understand this - surely we should be selling this one out. Last seasons game got a crowd of 19,008, have we gone backwards since then? Prices cut, better chance of winning than last time, feel good factor all round yet if we're still stuck at around 15-16,000 for prem opposition then it is a worry i reckon.

Can't really understand this - surely we should be selling this one out. Last seasons game got a crowd of 19,008, have we gone backwards since then? Prices cut, better chance of winning than last time, feel good factor all round yet if we're still stuck at around 15-16,000 for prem opposition then it is a worry i reckon.

We were league 1 back then, and in some peoples eyes the FA cup is an unwelcome destraction considering where we are now.

Also you have to consider a lot of people are skinted out from Christmas, its bloody cold and many people have flu.

Boro are hardly a glory tie either, chances are they'll be playing in the Championship next season, its not as if we got the Mancs even though we should have!!! :ranting:

This season's game against Coventry is similr to this season's game against Boro. In both cases the team is only one steap up from us, and in both cases we have a fairly decent chance of winning, but it is considered to be a distraction by many. Considering that we have done quite well selling this many tickets as last year for Coventry there were 13336 in the ground, including 2,903 Coventry fans.

I think that the fact that we played them last year is a factor this time around.

I do agree though, we should be getting roughly the same sort of crowd.

I am really dissappointed with the attendances this season. Compare this weeks games to last season. Last season the Middlesborough game was an instant sell out this year it looks like 15,000 to 16,000 only. Our last couple of home games have been at the same level and i would be surprised if Colchester is any better. I cannot believe the crowds are so poor with our current form/position in the league. I hate to think what would happen if our form dropped and we started to slip down the table crowds could easily drop to 12,000 which is very poor and will not generate the revenue to support a team capable of challenging for promotion.

At the start of the season i thought the ticket pricing was justified and i am not convinced prices alone are to blame but why do we not sell out these big games? If we do go up (a big if) and we get our new stadium how often will it be full out side the visits of the big 4 and if we don't go up a new 30,000 seater stadium will seem very empty with only 15,000 spectators.

This is worrying for Bristol football as a whole so what should the club do?

I think the comparison with last seasons Coventry game is a good one and I was surprised, when I looked back to see how low the crowd was for that one - same saturday too, just after christmas etc. I still think the enthusiasm around the club generally thius season though should have more than compensated for the slight decrease in excitement at drawing a club now only 8 places above us in the league!

Sure boro arn't the most attractive, but if they stay up and we go up would we be happy to get 16K for the game against them next year, when we might even be above them, and the prices will prob be even higher. And the same goes for the Wigan's, Blackburn's and Fulham's of this world. If we did - we would be in real trouble.

You can include me in that....mainly because the club wont let me go in the East End though. I'm also with your opinion that I'm not fussed with the result either way.

There is now only one seat left in Williams Block K. I think we'll get a decent crowd.

Hopefully its the same people that were there for the Man City game, i don't remember anyone mentioning it on here but they were fantastic in that game with their singing and making noise.

Tickets are £20 £10 concessions-Not bad at all.

Coventry brought quite a few fans for the FA Cup game last season and the crowd was still only 13k+.......Having said that we only had 7,600 ST's/Prem last season and now it's 10k so that might help a bit although, unlike the League game they won't be counted if they don't attend.

So 1,500 from Boro & 3,000 POD/Matchday and we might get closer to 15k......my guess, about the same as the Man City game.

Archived