IGNORED

Striker Required For A Tilt At The Promised Land

Red Robin

Today really showed our lack of firepower,first half we just could not get the ball forward and keep it there.

I felt for Byfield up front today being bombarded with high balls against 6 footv plus defenders "Byfield is a box player not someone who can hold the ball upfront ,he certainly is not a target man" The man did well first half but we need to use him in the right position.

Second half the introduction of Showumni and Trundle did very little to bolster the attack.Showumni did better than Trundle and caused a nuisance,but neither guy did sweet fanny adams.

Quite clearly GJ needs a quality striker,someone that is going to hit the net regular,none of the strikers at the club have scored enough goals,it is fantastic we are joint top,but the lack of a top quality goal scorer could be our down fall to the promised land.

Steve Brooker of old could be that man,however can we wait a month for him to get championship fit and then hope he can do the business.

The most important thing in my humble opinion is a TOP QUALITY PROVEN GOAL SCORER that can fire us to glory.Simply the guys on board are not setting the goal scoring charts alive so far,personally I can not see that changing in the second half of the season.

To be fair to Byfield he wins a lot of headers for his size and some of his ball control today was top draw. The biggest problem is not getting enough bodies in the box, Sproule put in a brilliant ball across the 6 yard box to go along with the one's against Cov but there's never enough players attacking the ball.

To be fair to Byfield he wins a lot of headers for his size and some of his ball control today was top draw. The biggest problem is not getting enough bodies in the box, Sproule put in a brilliant ball across the 6 yard box to go along with the one's against Cov but there's never enough players attacking the ball.

Byfield played exceptionally well first half,however he aint a target man,he is a box player we must play him in his rightfull position,it aint fair on the guy.

The most important thing in my humble opinion is a TOP QUALITY PROVEN GOAL SCORER that can fire us to glory.Simply the guys on board are not setting the goal scoring charts alive so far,personally I can not see that changing in the second half of the season.

I assume the cheque for £5m is winging it's way to SteveL as fast as Royal Mail can misdeliver it?

I assume the cheque for £5m is winging it's way to SteveL as fast as Royal Mail can misdeliver it?

5 MILLION could generate 60 million it depends if we want it,cus it is there for the taking.

A quality saying WHO DARES WINS there is no better chance in over 20 years.

5 MILLION could generate 60 million it depends if we want it,cus it is there for the taking.

A quality saying WHO DARES WINS there is no better chance in over 20 years.

Yeah, roll those dice... oh and what happens to our top class striker who's probably earning fifteen grand a week if we don't get promotion and make a £8m loss for the financial year? In fact, what happens to our club?!

Yeah, roll those dice... oh and what happens to our top class striker who's probably earning fifteen grand a week if we don't get promotion and make a £8m loss for the financial year? In fact, what happens to our club?!

Correct. We are doing things the right way as it is.

Who knows, Carle may be the missing piece!

The most important thing in my humble opinion is a TOP QUALITY PROVEN GOAL SCORER that can fire us to glory.

Who? Who? Who? who? who? Which player who fits your description is available?

I thought our problems were caused by international wingers tearing apart our full backs, the playmakers being marked out of the game and unable to contribute and the lack of quality wide play ourselves.

Today really showed our lack of firepower,first half we just could not get the ball forward and keep it there.

I felt for Byfield up front today being bombarded with high balls against 6 footv plus defenders "Byfield is a box player not someone who can hold the ball upfront ,he certainly is not a target man" The man did well first half but we need to use him in the right position.

Second half the introduction of Showumni and Trundle did very little to bolster the attack.Showumni did better than Trundle and caused a nuisance,but neither guy did sweet fanny adams.

Quite clearly GJ needs a quality striker,someone that is going to hit the net regular,none of the strikers at the club have scored enough goals,it is fantastic we are joint top,but the lack of a top quality goal scorer could be our down fall to the promised land.

Steve Brooker of old could be that man,however can we wait a month for him to get championship fit and then hope he can do the business.

Name a forward then? who you think we should/could signing who can get promotion without fail?

oh wait, such a player doesn't exist?

Steve Ls big dilema ? I think the guy wants it to happen,he nows the chance is there and the best chance for a very very long time.

not going to leave a club like Leeds,

done nothing at this level.........next

Surley, for higher standard he would?

hes done nothing at this level because he hasn't had the chance i reckon he would be a good signing...

if not him how about that Mclean from peterbrough?

Surley, for higher standard he would?

hes done nothing at this level because he hasn't had the chance i reckon he would be a good signing...

if not him how about that Mclean from peterbrough?

Doubt it, he's going to be at this level with Leeds next season anyway, why leave Leeds playing infront of 30k most weeks for a smaller club albeit in a higher division at the moment.

He has played at this level before with Leeds and was RUBBISH, they then bombed him out to Scunny last season where he did well at League 1 and is doing it again now for them

oh and he signed a new 3 year deal at Leeds 3 months ago.

Doubt it, he's going to be at this level with Leeds next season anyway, why leave Leeds playing infront of 30k most weeks for a smaller club albeit in a higher division at the moment.

He has played at this level before with Leeds and was RUBBISH, they then bombed him out to Scunny last season where he did well at League 1 and is doing it again now for them

who would you suggest?

Guest Tafkar

b***ocks, we have a proven striker, we gave him no service. Playing 4-5-1 with 2 inept wingers (today, at least) is not going to score you goals, except from fortuitous set pieces.

Oh look, that's what happened.

Hmmm maybe right but id like another striker ala beckford to join.

BECKFORD IS NOT THE ANSWER

a) never done anything at this level

b) not going to leave a massive club like Leeds for us

c) has just signed a new contract

d) is he actually any better than what's is currently at the club.

personally I believe we have 4 decent forwards at the moment.

a) Byfield - scored 8 this season despite coming here at End of August and totally unfit.

b) Enoch - missed large part of the season through injury, but for certain games when you need a big strong forward he's perfect (ala the watford game)

c) Trundle - taken a while to make the set up, but is getting better all the time

d) Brooker - out all season, but when fit (which he nearly is) is proven one of the best forwards in league 1 and is hopefully going to prove the same at this level.

Rowan Vine?

Andy Cole?

Tore Andre Flo?

To say there are no decent players available to us is blx..our stock is high so we must be an attractive prospect..plus, our scouting network seems to be strong, so I'm sure we could look into Europe for a decent player, loans etc etc.

I understand the point that if we go balls out on a massive player and don't get promo could be risky...so why not loans wth an option to buy if we go up?? I'm sure there are loads of prem squad players who arent getting a game would love 20 games with top ccc team with a talisman like GJ.

There is quality out that there that we can take on loan for 20 games without spiralling into financial ruin!

This position is too good an opportunity to miss out because we don't have a 20+ goal a season man in place..Reading between the lines from GJ on world/Sky I have a feeling that he is thinking the same thing

(Plus, I can see the posts come may if we miss this opportunity...'why didnt we get someone in january, then we would have definately got the extra 2 points we needed'!)

Rowan Vine?

Andy Cole?

Tore Andre Flo?

To say there are no decent players available to us is blx..our stock is high so we must be an attractive prospect..plus, our scouting network seems to be strong, so I'm sure we could look into Europe for a decent player, loans etc etc.

I understand the point that if we go balls out on a massive player and don't get promo could be risky...so why not loans wth an option to buy if we go up?? I'm sure there are loads of prem squad players who arent getting a game would love 20 games with top ccc team with a talisman like GJ.

There is quality out that there that we can take on loan for 20 games without spiralling into financial ruin!

This position is too good an opportunity to miss out because we don't have a 20+ goal a season man in place..Reading between the lines from GJ on world/Sky I have a feeling that he is thinking the same thing

(Plus, I can see the posts come may if we miss this opportunity...'why didnt we get someone in january, then we would have definately got the extra 2 points we needed'!)

Good post.

Out of them 3 the one i would like would be Rowan Vine.... could do it at this level plus no games so could be possible.

Rowan Vine?

Andy Cole?

Tore Andre Flo?

Rowan Vine - Cost £2.5m a year ago and currently has QPR (the ones with richer backers than Abramovich) trying to sign him.

Cole - Playing in the Prem for Sunderland and his old mate Keane, injured alot, on big bucks.

Flo - Did sod all at Leeds in league one, perpetually injured.

In other words, the only player worth signing there is well out of our reach.

Red Robin is talking about a TOP QUALITY PROVEN GOALSCORER AT THIS LEVEL or somesuch other b***ocks, despite the fact that those players get sold for £5m plus. There simply isn't one to be had.

I'm all for bringing a striker in but people need to be a tiny bit more realistic about it. We're going to have to discover a player because we won't be spending idiotic money or loaning in a crock.

We might well see a forward from abroad. In the recent World interview SL mentioned "one or two deals in the pipeline".

Archived