IGNORED

Leave The Fans Alone

Guest ashtonyate

It's OK when GJ says how good the fans are and applauds them for their support. We can all congratulate ourselves then, and feel good that we're the best supporters in the land.

But once there's even a hint of criticism, the toys start to be thrown out of the pram!

Ha ha, what nonsense. He makes a comment about leaving early which people are quite entitled to do and some fans go off on one about how much this effects the team.

Stand at the bottom of the Dolman Saturday then and try telling them they cant leave the ground, and give me a pound for every F... OFF off you get.

This isnt a communist state where you have restricted movement, people pay there money to watch the game, whether they watch 90 seconds or 95 minutes, their money and time is given up, not just yesterday but for donkeys years, many sacrifices are made to get there for a lot of people, more than any manager or current player will ever know, and now you want to tell them, sorry, you cant leave just yet?

If Mr Johnson wishes to complain to the fans in general about fans leaving early, perhaps he can also complain to his employers about their corporate guests and other assorted waifs and strays strolling in to take their Premiere Seats some 5 minutes after the second half has started, thus annoying those they are walking in front of and a chattering like inane schoolgirls after downing a bottle of Pimms or two.

While I don't agree with leaving early, you can't stop people from exercising their freedom of choice. The solution is to change HOW they leave and I have always said that, anyone leaving before the final whistle/half-time whistle should be directed along the back of the stand and down the sides and straight out of the ground with no stopping allowed so the views are not obstructed and people are not inconvenienced.

However to do this the club would need to make walkways at the back of the stands, which would mean ripping out a row of two of seats. This would affect revenue and thus the chances of the club doing this are remote.

So before Mr Johnson starts shouting his mouth off about early-leaving fans, I would again urge him to complain to his employers to implement a workable solution.

Ha ha, what nonsense.

Why is it nonsense?

He makes a comment about leaving early which people are quite entitled to do and some fans go off on one about how much this effects the team.

He's entitled to make a comment as much as people are entitled to leave.

Stand at the bottom of the Dolman Saturday then and try telling them they cant leave the ground, and give me a pound for every F... OFF off you get.

This isnt a communist state where you have restricted movement, people pay there money to watch the game, whether they watch 90 seconds or 95 minutes, their money and time is given up, not just yesterday but for donkeys years, many sacrifices are made to get there for a lot of people, more than any manager or current player will ever know, and now you want to tell them, sorry, you cant leave just yet?

No one is saying that they can't leave, just that it would be better if they stayed and supported the team till the final whistle.

Not that difficult to understand is it?

The comment from Gary (as heard on Radio Bristol) you all seemed to miss was:

'I love our fans to a man or to a lady'

The point Gary was making was that it was soul destroying to see our fans give up on the team.

He wasn't have a major go just showed his disappointment in the fans just in the same way we show ours to the team.

It's about the club getting it right both on or off the pitch. We've been constitant this season with the fans happy (and surprised) with our position but yesterday it was back to the bad old days when we started to believe the hype and too many fans were cocky and sure that we just needed to turn up to beat Middlesbro.

Unless we're very careful the same thing could happen against Colchester.

Archived