IGNORED

Basso

tin

Some very good points there and I agree with all them. Personally, I reckon the time's here now to throw Weale in. As you say, Basso's not himself at the moment for whatever reason and on the only occasion I have seen Weale play a whole game, ironically at Blackpool earlier this season, he didn't let us down. GJ's got a big decision to make next week as these errors have crept back into his game recently and are costing us points and Blackpool's too big a game now to be erring on the side of caution.

Well, it seems these Basso mistakes keep coming and coming at the moment. Yesterday was another shocker on his part. Whilst the first goal was unfortunate with the defending leaving a lot to be desired, the second goal he highly culpable again, to add to those errors I listed above. He also nearly gifted Tom Soares a goal in the first half when it trickled just past the post after he came and missed it.

I dunno what's going on with him at the moment but he is out of sorts. Every player suffers dips in form during a season but the time has come to give Weale his chance I'm afraid.

Cue a barrage of abuse! :rain:

I agree, If Weale doesnt get a chance after what has happened recently then I don't think he ever will. Basso has been excellent for us but at the moment he is costing us dearly and Weale who has been waiting patiently, deserves his big chance.

All keepers make mistakes but at the moment, all of his seem to lead to goals.

I keep hearing the comment "But how many times has he saved us", Yes well done, He done exactly what he is in there to do but who is to say that Weale would not have done the same.

I agree, If Weale doesnt get a chance after what has happened recently then I don't think he ever will. Basso has been excellent for us but at the moment he is costing us dearly and Weale who has been waiting patiently, deserves his big chance.

All keepers make mistakes but at the moment, all of his seem to lead to goals.

I keep hearing the comment "But how many times has he saved us", Yes well done, He done exactly what he is in there to do but who is to say that Weale would not have done the same.

This is an interesting dilemma . Basso is fast becoming a cult type figure who has a fond raport with all fans of the club . He has been in great form until recently but made to many ' keeper mistakes ' lately. I was critical at the start , but have grown to appreciate his talent and love affair with us .

Confidence in the area is a must for all keepers and I believe he is lacking at the moment . I'm not sure what the reasons could be but times dictate that a break might be needed .

Is there a lack of communication with the centre backs. He seems a quiet chap who I'm sure does'nt lack self confidence but possibly finds it difficult to express his role in the box .

He should be the Peter Schmeical , the Jans Lehmann , the Van der Sar and controlling the happenings in his area of work . That means bol*ic*ing the defenders and keeping them on their toes . Defensively we have looked vulnerable for a while and I believe not just while Louis has been out , although his leadership qualities are missed .

The Palace game could have shown more evidence of this with the lucky break we had when they hit the outside of the post after another mix up .

He has come on leaps and bounds over the last year and Weale , who is a good keeper in his own right and should be playing first team football elsewhere , has patiently waited bar for a couple of appearances . He must be thinking deep down that he has a chance of a regular run at present with Basso's dip .

Weale's introduction will also give Basso to reflect and take him out of the firing line . Managers wile away all week looking at other teams weaknesses and the uncertainty in our defence will be top of Graysons A4 pad .

Basso , for his and the teams best may need a rest .

It's also worth noting the last time Basso was dropped, for Blackpool away in August, it sparked a dramatic upturn in his form. Maybe the same could happen now if he was to be given a rest :dunno:

As Basso got off of the coach at Blackpool , he gave my two litttle uns his autograph . When I asked him if he was playing he said he was still injured , nice chap always has time for you when you speak to him . I asked because their was various posts from memory here , that said as much . It was only the second league game of the season and the first away so he would not have been dropped . Did'nt he injure his shoulder / neck ??

As Basso got off of the coach at Blackpool , he gave my two litttle uns his autograph . When I asked him if he was playing he said he was still injured , nice chap always has time for you when you speak to him . I asked because their was various posts from memory here , that said as much . It was only the second league game of the season and the first away so he would not have been dropped . Did'nt he injure his shoulder / neck ??

Yeah, forgot Blackstock injured him on the opening day. Be that as it may though, Weale's performance that day certainly spurred him on a bit I think.

Yeah, forgot Blackstock injured him on the opening day. Be that as it may though, Weale's performance that day certainly spurred him on a bit I think.

Well Weale is a good keeper and to good to be second fiddle , although from what I've seen he does make some good saves into very good for the cameras . G'J obviously rated him to bring him here and hope we can keep him if he gets fed up as understudy . Saying that though he's moved up a division with us with the pos of going further . Always seems to have done well when needed .

Think any move to give Basso a rest would be good for both players at some stage soon . The usual comments are to not change a winning side , but we are just having a blip and hopefully turn the corner against the Seasiders .

there,s no denying basso is a top bloke.

unfortunately thats no reason to

keep picking him when he,s off form.

i can hardly bare to watch when a cross

comes over,god knows,or even jesus knows

how the defence feel.it,s time to give him

a break and play weale

Well, it seems these Basso mistakes keep coming and coming at the moment. Yesterday was another shocker on his part. Whilst the first goal was unfortunate with the defending leaving a lot to be desired, the second goal he highly culpable again, to add to those errors I listed above. He also nearly gifted Tom Soares a goal in the first half when it trickled just past the post after he came and missed it.

I dunno what's going on with him at the moment but he is out of sorts. Every player suffers dips in form during a season but the time has come to give Weale his chance I'm afraid.

Cue a barrage of abuse! :rain:

i agree Tin, i just watched the highlights on the main site, to make sure it was what i saw at the game ..... and yes .... he looks out of sorts .........

also, mCoombe looks worse at getting exposed in the highlights than i thought he did on the day ......

i'm glad i'm not GJ having to make these decisions.

still ............ 4 - 1 against Blackpool, will make us all feel better

:englandsmile4wf:

To be honest I hadn't really noticed this until Basso made his first mistake on saturday and my brother said to me that Basso might be under pressure from Weale if he makes to many more mistakes.

As if on cue he made a basic error for the second goal which up until then I felt we'd get a point late on as we were pressing well in the second half.

It has been mentioned,but in Chris Weale we have a talented goalkeeper and a true professional and if Basso's confidence is suffering then yes I think giving Weale a chance is the right thing to do,btw I'm convinced that if Basso was at the top of his game we wouldn't have conceded the first goal,which when you look at the game as a whole we lost because of two mistakes and created better chances than Palace,had McIndoe scored when 1 on 1 we may well have gone on to win the match.

Still Blackpool awaits which I think we will win and spark off another good run and hopefully cement our place in the top six then everyone can look forward to 3 sell-outs at the end of the season

Archived