IGNORED

Adams Leaves Colchester

Robbored

Course they do! Ask Keith Millen..

The point being its bound to disrupt Colchesters preparation.The assistant manager at most clubs has more 'hands on' contact with the players.

Very true.

Wonder what it's like in that dressing room right now? Just dumped out of the cup by a league two team and second bottom of the division. Adams making for the exit can't help matters. Let us hope GJ can take full advantage.

Very true.

Wonder what it's like in that dressing room right now? Just dumped out of the cup by a league two team and second bottom of the division. Adams making for the exit can't help matters. Let us hope GJ can take full advantage.

No. 2 often the motivator and with their cup game defeat and league form can't be exciting down in the Colchester team dressing room .

Never mind , professional approach as always to the game by the reds .

I think that the poster is reading a little bit too much on the importance of a No. 2.

Not to say that a good No. 2 cannot be important, but just how important was he to Colchester, is, I doubt, mainly unknown to 99% of the people that read this site

As someone already posted - Leeds have struggled since Poyet went to Spurs....

You're right to say that most forum users won't know how important Adams was in the Colchester set-up but he's a very experienced coach and hopefully his departure will upset the Colchester players and effect them negatively on Saturday.They'll get used to not having him around but the first game will be the most difficult - and thats at Ashton Gate this Saturday.

If Millen left City suddenly then I'm sure that would upset the City apple cart - if only for a game or two.Squads are often very close knit and the departure of one of the leaders can have a knock-on effect.

You're right to say that most forum users won't know how important Adams was in the Colchester set-up but he's a very experienced coach and hopefully his departure will upset the Colchester players and effect them negatively on Saturday.They'll get used to not having him around but the first game will be the most difficult - and thats at Ashton Gate this Saturday.

If Millen left City suddenly then I'm sure that would upset the City apple cart - if only for a game or two.Squads are often very close knit and the departure of one of the leaders can have a knock-on effect.

I've always said that Millen is an unsung (is that even a word) hero at City, he's a very talented and Knowledgeable

man and also very respected in the footballing world.

Appreciate what you are saying Robbored, but without teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, and appreciate that any advantage is an advantage, the backroom staff at Colchester won't be made up of the manager plus No. 2.

Read in a scurrilous red top the other day that to get rid of Allardyce and his back room staff at Newcastle would invovle dismissing 30+ people, obviously Colchester aren't Newcastle, but they will have a sizeable backroom staff to cover Adams' departure - would be interesting to see what Colchester fans thought of it.

Having said that we should beating Colchester easily(?!) with or without Adams and his influence

Archived