IGNORED

Nick Carle

BITW

Guest zider_head

can you give out a players squad number ?

All the lcips I have seen of Carle he is wearing the "10" could we take it off jevo mid season and give it to carle seeing jevos not going to play again for city is he really and if he does we can give him 30 summit

Just wondered what the ruling was ?

I think this may have been mentioned on another thread but i am just wondering if there has been any confirmation on Carle's squad number. Unless Jevo/keogh leave very soon (10 & 16 available) only 35+ is available!

i would say number 10 as theres know way jevons is coming back thats a fact

i would say number 10 as theres know way jevons is coming back thats a fact

According to above posts , does anyone know if the transfers on the back of my No 10 shirt , you know the one that says JEVONS will come off without leaving the indents of his name . CARLE , yes that will fit nicely .

Bloody typical .

If the player has left the club then his squad number can be reallocated, otherwise its got to stick with the player. You wonder why he was given a squad number in the first place?

Two facts about squad numbers I know. 1) City were reprimanded in the 1999/00 season for giving the no.1 shirt to Bo Anderson then letting Steve Phillips wear it for the first two or three games of the season before the club was told to make sure he wore the no.14 for the remainder.

......and surely Billy Mercer is the only keeper to ever have the squad no.2??!

I remember Helen Chamberlain pointed out that we had a keeper with #2 then said it was Boaz Myhill I think... No City fan on the Fan's of the week corrected her though.

If the player has left the club then his squad number can be reallocated, otherwise its got to stick with the player. You wonder why he was given a squad number in the first place?

Two facts about squad numbers I know. 1) City were reprimanded in the 1999/00 season for giving the no.1 shirt to Bo Anderson then letting Steve Phillips wear it for the first two or three games of the season before the club was told to make sure he wore the no.14 for the remainder.

......and surely Billy Mercer is the only keeper to ever have the squad no.2??!

But wasnt that during the days of having 1-11 on the pitch and 3 subs numbered 12, 14 and 15? While also having no names on the backs of shirts. I'm sure that the names and individual squad numbers came into the football league in the 2000/2001 season (our first back in division 2 - as it was).

Yes i think Mercer is the only keeper to have the squad number 2.

I don't think any club does. Ive havent seen any club with a number 13 this season so far, not that i can remember anyway.

Danny Murphy and Michael Ballack always wear the number whichever team they play for.

It's interesting reading into the reason why we consider 13 unlucky.

Danny Murphy and Michael Ballack always wear the number whichever team they play for.

It's interesting reading into the reason why we consider 13 unlucky.

Murphy - Fulham who scored a cracking 25 yarder past flapper sunday.

Ballack - Chelsea.

Has anyone else noticed that the number 31 has been left clear in the prgramme team-sheets? A few years ago it used to have "The Fans" next to it. Was that something Wilson wanted then Tinnion got rid of?

But wasnt that during the days of having 1-11 on the pitch and 3 subs numbered 12, 14 and 15? While also having no names on the backs of shirts. I'm sure that the names and individual squad numbers came into the football league in the 2000/2001 season (our first back in division 2 - as it was).

I think you are wrong. Unless I have my dates incorrect this situation happened in our first season back in league one after our one season in the 2nd tier. I can remember because our first game was at Reading and that was my first visit to the Madjedski stadium - still care to disagree?

I don't think any club does. Ive havent seen any club with a number 13 this season so far, not that i can remember anyway.

Thats a general statement isnt it? There is no ruling on it, some people are superstitous and will stay away from it, others don't care. I'm sure there are some keepers out there that will have the 13 shirt.

I think you are wrong. Unless I have my dates incorrect this situation happened in our first season back in league one after our one season in the 2nd tier. I can remember because our first game was at Reading and that was my first visit to the Madjedski stadium - still care to disagree?

Thats a general statement isnt it? There is no ruling on it, some people are superstitous and will stay away from it, others don't care. I'm sure there are some keepers out there that will have the 13 shirt.

Yes that was the season. My first away game with City. Lost 1-0 or 2-1 i think. Gerard Lavin sent off after half an hour. My mistake, i got the years slightly wrong but we are on about the same season.

Didnt say there was a ruling, just that i don't think ive seen a team that has issused the number 13 to a player. Although ive got a funny feeling that Zoltan Gera wears 13 for West Brom for some reason.

Funniest thing I ever saw was Ozzie Ardiles in the 78 world cup. Argentina allocated their shirts alphabetically so their little central midfielder ended up wearing No1! :noexpression:

in 1998 or 2002 World Cup Argentina gave the number ten to the third choice keeper because noone wanted the pressure of wearing Maradona's shirt number.

Goign even further off topic. remember the 1998 keeper Carlos Roa? At the end of the 98/99 season he was subject to enquiries from Man Utd and Arsenal but refused to either speak to them or sign a new contract and went off on a religious break. He was a member of an apocalypse cult that though the world would end at the turn of the millennium...

Unlucky.

Not quite on subject, but i remember Chilian legend Ivan Zamorano was so pissed at not being allowed the number 10 shirt when he moved to Inter that he threatened to leave (it was in his contract or something crazy like that). They gave him 19 (1+9; get it?) to make up for it.

Oops, actually it was Ronaldo who got given HIS number 9 shirt due to a contract thingy, so Zamorano wore 18 (1+8) o make a point. The memory is getting a bit hazy in my 'old' age!

Not quite on subject, but i remember Chilian legend Ivan Zamorano was so pissed at not being allowed the number 10 shirt when he moved to Inter that he threatened to leave (it was in his contract or something crazy like that). They gave him 19 (1+9; get it?) to make up for it.

Oops, actually it was Ronaldo who got given HIS number 9 shirt due to a contract thingy, so Zamorano wore 18 (1+8) o make a point. The memory is getting a bit hazy in my 'old' age!

God this is sad, but...

he wanted Ronaldo's number 9 so it was 1+8

Edit - dammit, you changed it too :P

he even stuck the plus in between :o

I once saw and Italian Serie A match where one team had two number 7's.

How far off topic can we go with this? Damon Hill with car number "0", teamate Alain Prost said "No-one wants to be a zero". d### Dastardly double zero? Brilliant.

Ha Ha - I cant even type d### Dastardly, I will have to call him Richard!!

Gilbert Arenas is nicknamed Agent Zero

In the Washington, D.C. area, "Gilbertology" is the name given to Arenas's unorthodox behavior on and off the court, first coined by Wizards head coach Eddie Jordan. After being criticized for shooting too much, Arenas would play games nearly without shooting at all, and then score at will the next game. Arenas admits that he thrives under criticism, using jersey number "0" because he was told in high school that he would get 0 minutes at Arizona.

Arenas has been said to play online poker during the halftime of games, instead of resting or preparing for the second half. He disputes the accuracy of these stories, saying he was misquoted. Arenas says he does not play for money nor does he play online; instead, he plays on a DVD game of poker.

During the 2003-04 season, Arenas tried to vote himself into the All-Star game, trading a pair of shoes and a jersey for a box of ballots.

I hate Basketball, but he's a top bloke.

Gilbert Arenas is nicknamed Agent Zero

In the Washington, D.C. area, "Gilbertology" is the name given to Arenas's unorthodox behavior on and off the court, first coined by Wizards head coach Eddie Jordan. After being criticized for shooting too much, Arenas would play games nearly without shooting at all, and then score at will the next game. Arenas admits that he thrives under criticism, using jersey number "0" because he was told in high school that he would get 0 minutes at Arizona.

Arenas has been said to play online poker during the halftime of games, instead of resting or preparing for the second half. He disputes the accuracy of these stories, saying he was misquoted. Arenas says he does not play for money nor does he play online; instead, he plays on a DVD game of poker.

During the 2003-04 season, Arenas tried to vote himself into the All-Star game, trading a pair of shoes and a jersey for a box of ballots.

I hate Basketball, but he's a top bloke.

Sounds what the Yanks would call 'a card'.

Always nice to have a player with a touch of crazy in your corner. I'll always remember Basso waking up then going for the Yeovil physio when he thought he was trying get him subbed at Yeovil a couple of seasons ago. Classic potty behaviour from our top class loony keeper!

The five a side team I play for is sponsored by the Beer Factory - as a promotion for one of their beers it was decided that all our shirts should have number 7 on the back (beer is called No7 for those who don't know)

Used to be fun when the opposition shouted mark No 7 with the usual reply "they're all no 7"!!

Sorry for keeping it well off subject ;)

Funniest thing I ever saw was Ozzie Ardiles in the 78 world cup. Argentina allocated their shirts alphabetically so their little central midfielder ended up wearing No1! :noexpression:

Would love to see that. Apart from when new signings came in...

1 Artus

2 Basso

3 Betsy

4 Brooker

5 Byfield

6 Carey

7 Carle

8 Elliott

9 Fontaine

10 Henderson

11 Jevons

12 Johnson

13 Keogh

14 McAllister

15 McCombe

16 McIndoe

17 Murray

18 Myrie-Williams

19 Noble

20 Orr

21 Plummer

22 Ribeiro

23 Russell

24 Showunmi

25 Skuse

26 Slocombe

27 Sproule

28 Trundle

29 Vasko

30 Walker

31 Weale

32 Wilson B.

33 Wilson J.

can you give out a players squad number ?

All the lcips I have seen of Carle he is wearing the "10" could we take it off jevo mid season and give it to carle seeing jevos not going to play again for city is he really and if he does we can give him 30 summit

Just wondered what the ruling was ?

If that happened a think Mr Trundle may be a tad peeved as he was always LT10 and would've been his preferred shirt number here but Johnson said (I seem to recollect) at the time of signing Trundle that it would be unfair to take it away from Jevons as last seasons top scorer.

Now if Jevo goes to Huddersfield and vacates the no 10 squad number and Carle comes along and snaps it up again being his preference, Trunds might feel a bit annoyed by that.

But tough titties though I spose!

Archived