IGNORED

Egg Chasers Back To The Mem

EASTEND WURZEL

Glad to see sence has prevailed and the egg chasers have been sent back to the cabbage patch! Looks like another feather in the cap for city doing all they can to get to the big time, keeping the pitch in the best condition we can for Johnsons passing game. (Or is it cos we don't want our pitch to look crap on t.v)?

I think it also shows the club don't need the added revenue either, financially sound for once!

Nice of Bristol City to look after other non-football clubs in Bristol....

What like shafting them out of their own ground?

And anyway you can't say we don't help non-football clubs, didn't we let your lot play at the Gate after your barbe-quw got out of control all those years ago? :tongue:

Glad to see sence has prevailed and the egg chasers have been sent back to the cabbage patch! Looks like another feather in the cap for city doing all they can to get to the big time, keeping the pitch in the best condition we can for Johnsons passing game. (Or is it cos we don't want our pitch to look crap on t.v)?

I think it also shows the club don't need the added revenue either, financially sound for once!

Thing is, 2 rugby teams play there already so no worrys with the pitch... :innocent06:

Guest BRFC_Gas
What like shafting them out of their own ground?

And anyway you can't say we don't help non-football clubs, didn't we let your lot play at the Gate after your barbe-quw got out of control all those years ago? :tongue:

I think you confused the word 'shafting' with 'saving Bristol RFC from going under'.

I think you confused the word 'shafting' with 'saving Bristol RFC from going under'.

You bought there ground for a minimal amount, a ground that should actually belong to the people of bristol (it was a memorial gift) rather than a club. You shafted them when you had the opportunity!

Guest BRFC_Gas
You bought there ground for a minimal amount, a ground that should actually belong to the people of bristol (it was a memorial gift) rather than a club. You shafted them when you had the opportunity!

We paid a price which they accepted and it saved them, end of. Good business from us actually and helped keep a rugby club in Bristol

Anyone else could have stepped in to help them.

We paid a price which they accepted and it saved them, end of. Good business from us actually and helped keep a rugby club in Bristol

Anyone else could have stepped in to help them.

No - you invoked a clause in the agreement that was put there to prevent the ground being sold in the event of insolvency on the part of either BRC or BRFC wherby the insolvent party would have needed to liquidate all assets - thus rendering the other (solvent) party homeless.

You paid £2.3M for the initial 50% (thus becoming a joint owner of the Mem) and then 2 years later the amount paid to gain control of the 50% owned by BRC was £10,000.

I hardly think the £10K "saved them"

When BRC went into administration Rovers invoked the clause within hours - without waiting to see what investors would be willing to rescue the Rugby club, in fact by taking control of their only asset at 1/200th of its true value you effectively put them out of business. the rugby club playing today is a different company to the old one shafted by the Rovers - so you cannot say you saved them - quite the reverse.

Everyone in Bristol knows you stole the ground.

CodeRed

No - you invoked a clause in the agreement that was put there to prevent the ground being sold in the event of insolvency on the part of either BRC or BRFC wherby the insolvent party would have needed to liquidate all assets - thus rendering the other (solvent) party homeless.

You paid £2.3M for the initial 50% (thus becoming a joint owner of the Mem) and then 2 years later the amount paid to gain control of the 50% owned by BRC was £10,000.

I hardly think the £10K "saved them"

When BRC went into administration Rovers invoked the clause within hours - without waiting to see what investors would be willing to rescue the Rugby club, in fact by taking control of their only asset at 1/200th of its true value you effectively put them out of business. the rugby club playing today is a different company to the old one shafted by the Rovers - so you cannot say you saved them - quite the reverse.

Everyone in Bristol knows you stole the ground.

CodeRed

Unfortunately, BRFC_Gas is the same pillock who posts bitter, twisted nonsense on rivals designed to insult and discredit BCFC. Sadly he won't admit that he chose the wrong team to support as a young 'un.

Good to see you've put him right with clear facts.

Nice of Bristol City to look after other non-football clubs in Bristol....

We do help them out when it's not a huge inconvenience to us - and having them cut our pitch up would be because we play football on the pitch at pace.

Well done on stealing their ground though, thieving pikey scum.

Guest BRFC_Gas
We do help them out when it's not a huge inconvenience to us - and having them cut our pitch up would be because we play football on the pitch at pace.

Well done on stealing their ground though, thieving pikey scum.

No Nibor you lot would rather shaft many local companies to survive, instead of selling your assets (ie Asssshhton Gate) and paying debts the ethical way like a certain club did......

Financially sound is always a wary statement for anyone / business to make , never know whats round the corner .

Plan for what you know , and we know the consequence of the egg chasers playing at the Gate and its impact on the our games following . It will have a great detrimental effect on picking up the points that would keep the push towards a better financially rewarding position . :dancing2::dancing2:

No Nibor you lot would rather shaft many local companies to survive, instead of selling your assets (ie Asssshhton Gate) and paying debts the ethical way like a certain club did......

fortunately no one at the helm of our illustrious club has had the short sightedness to do that. This is why now in times of more financial success we can sell our "prize asset" for in excess of 20 million pounds. worth hanging on to wasnt it !!

Name these local companies we shafted then?

You're talking out of your ass again Craig.

Guest BRFC_Gas
fortunately no one at the helm of our illustrious club has had the short sightedness to do that. This is why now in times of more financial success we can sell our "prize asset" for in excess of 20 million pounds. worth hanging on to wasnt it !!

For you lot yes, but try saying that to the Bristol companies that went out of business because of you.

For you lot yes, but try saying that to the Bristol companies that went out of business because of you.

None of them did. Any more fiction?

Thieving pikey scumbags... Anyhow, you're less than a year away from losing control of the ground you nicked so justice will be served.

Name them then. Or are you simply spinning the same rubbish handed down the bitter sags generations to try and valdate your failure as both a football club and viable business?

You are a league two club at best, both footballing-wise and finance-wise, and if it wasn't for the likes of Hollowhead finding diamonds in the rough and selling them off for large amounts you'd have been crippled long ago.

And for everything you say about us we've never left this City; you are just a bunch of no-mark nomads. I'd say you're more like MK Dons than any other team in the league (Bath Rovers? Cheltenham Rovers? Take your pick).

You left Bristol, not the otherway around.

Come on then, name them.

Also if rumours are to be believed maybe you should look closer to home when it comes to putting clubs out of business.

One more thing before you go, say Ashton Gate was sold and BCFC did go to the wall, do you honestly think that these so called businesses would have got paid? or do you think like me that the only people to gain any benefit of us going under would be solicitors, the tax man and the banks.

Oh and BRFC might have gain a few more fans eventually, you might have even one day managed an average above 10,000. Oh well shit happens :city:

Guest BRFC_Gas
Thieving pikey scumbags... Anyhow, you're less than a year away from losing control of the ground you nicked so justice will be served.

I take it by that you mean when we redevelop the mem? The new ground we were never going to get? The one we couldnt afford, the one we were only going to dream about?

Off topic, i'm a bit worried by the number of your posts here No-balls, do you have no real mates or are you too ugly to go outside? :whistle2:

I take it by that you mean when we redevelop the mem? The new ground we were never going to get? The one we couldnt afford, the one we were only going to dream about?

Off topic, i'm a bit worried by the number of your posts here No-balls, do you have no real mates or are you too ugly to go outside? :whistle2:

I don't visit this site very often, but every time I have a nose around and have a look you are on here behaving like a petulant jealous little child. Why don't you just try and grow a little as a human being and stop spouting unfounded tripe?

It seems a shame to be you can't post more sensible things like your comrades mesa bogie and philgas?

I don't visit this site very often, but every time I have a nose around and have a look you are on here behaving like a petulant jealous little child. Why don't you just try and grow a little as a human being and stop spouting unfounded tripe?

It seems a shame to be you can't post more sensible things like your comrades mesa bogie and philgas?

Yes, mesaboogie and philgas are in the main, respected on here for not posting rubbish.

BRFC_Gas on the other hand is just a fisherman. And a rather poor one at that. :10_1_108:

Guest BRFC_Gas
Yes, mesaboogie and philgas are in the main, respected on here for not posting rubbish.

BRFC_Gas on the other hand is just a fisherman. And a rather poor one at that. :10_1_108:

Is that cos the 2 you mention kiss your asses a lot on here?

Seems you only like fans that do.

Is that cos the 2 you mention kiss your asses a lot on here?

Seems you only like fans that do.

Uh... no.

They come on here to have a bit of lighthearted banter, not to indulge in bitter nonsense.

Are you going to name those businesses that BCFC put out of business in 1982 or not?

Archived