IGNORED

Cheerio Cheerio

RightUpInCider

I am a bit worried about today. I very rarely leave early and when I do it's litrally seconds before the whistle. Today however, I have to leave five or ten minutes early as I have to get back to work (I'm lucky to make the game as someone is covering me). I sit in the Williams so I suppose that eases the pressure a little as it's not the Dolman, but that don't help.

So, does that class me as an early leaver? I suppose on this occasion it does but I did promise to be back by 5.

I live in Ashton Vale so it would be a run to my house, get my car and get back to work in the centre. I could blame it on the traffic and I won't be lying.

Typical this debate has been raised when I have to leave early.

MM

All in the Atyeo, Williams, Eastend and of course the long suffering Dolman stayers....

Do you remember the cheerio, cheerio, cheerio song?

Is it wrong to sing this at our fans?

Just a thought.

Who cares if people leave early.

They have paid for a ticket so its up to them when they want to leave.

If someone leaves 5 minutes early it doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

Just watch the game, support your team, and mind your own business.

I am a bit worried about today. I very rarely leave early and when I do it's litrally seconds before the whistle. Today however, I have to leave five or ten minutes early as I have to get back to work (I'm lucky to make the game as someone is covering me). I sit in the Williams so I suppose that eases the pressure a little as it's not the Dolman, but that don't help.

So, does that class me as an early leaver? I suppose on this occasion it does but I did promise to be back by 5.

I live in Ashton Vale so it would be a run to my house, get my car and get back to work in the centre. I could blame it on the traffic and I won't be lying.

Typical this debate has been raised when I have to leave early.

MM

I'm sure it will be okay as long as you bring a note from an adult.

Now if it's okay with everyone I'm leaving early to catch my train down from North London.

All in the Atyeo, Williams, Eastend and of course the long suffering Dolman stayers....

Just a thought.

Oh dear, the forum spends lots or time debating why we haven't got much support this season? I think this thread has the answer.

We are all City fans, we look after our own who bother to turn up!!!! Or do we only do that when something tragic happens?

Some fair points. I very rarely miss a home game and almost always stay 'til the end so yes, I could and probably would please myself.

I have a season ticket and it's up to me. I'll speak to my mum and get a note before I leave! :innocent06:

MM

Getting tired of this now but once again people miss the point. The issue is not so much about early leavers who just go but those who leave their seats and then stand and block others views - how can that be fair to those who choose to stay right until the end. I am one who stays until every last player is down the tunnel and object to those who leave their seat but stand and block others. Yes they have a right to go early so go but I also have a right to watch until the end so what gives them the right to block my view. We are going round in circles with this one.

If you've got to early for work you won't hear a single complaint from me because you will leave the stadium and not stand in front of others.

Just a thought.

Well I confess that I can never remember our fans or those of any other club singing part time supporters to their own fans - even in my old EE Days - surely we ar not plumbing those depths?

When I was an EE regular we used to sing 'part-time supporters' when the early leaving got underway from the Dolman. Feel free to revive that one as well. :D

There are 200 supporters in the EE trying to get out in comparison to 6000 in the Dolman! You are out in 2 minutes, even if you stay to the end and clap the players off, whereas the people in the Dolman are still trying to get out 20 minutes after the game! So, your part-timer chant is not needed thankyou!

Well I confess that I can never remember our fans or those of any other club singing part time supporters to their own fans - even in my old EE Days - surely we ar not plumbing those depths?

It happened every week in the old First Division days.

The fans would be streaming down the Dolman steps with a few minutes to go and the East End would turn towards the Dolman, arms raised pointing at the leavers and chant "Part time supporters."

A weekly ritual really with no malice involved.

Hard to believe any fan watching City in those days can't remember it.

There are 200 supporters in the EE trying to get out in comparison to 6000 in the Dolman! You are out in 2 minutes, even if you stay to the end and clap the players off, whereas the people in the Dolman are still trying to get out 20 minutes after the game! So, your part-timer chant is not needed thankyou!

Homer's not talking about now, he's talking about the old days when there were as many City supporters in the East End as there were in the Dolman.

It happened every week in the old First Division days.

The fans would be streaming down the Dolman steps with a few minutes to go and the East End would turn towards the Dolman, arms raised pointing at the leavers and chant "Part time supporters."

A weekly ritual really with no malice involved.

Hard to believe any fan watching City in those days can't remember it.

Well must be my age then cos I can't remember it - in those days I was in the park end or William enclosure or EE - that said the way these attack our own fans threads are going will I need to send you proof (maybe my old programme collection) that I was there but can't remember it!

Well must be my age then cos I can't remember it - in those days I was in the park end or William enclosure or EE - that said the way these attack our own fans threads are going will I need to send you proof (maybe my old programme collection) that I was there but can't remember it!

It did happen but it's not very important so don't worry about the programmes. :rolleyes:

A I said no harm was intended or indeed taken by the chanting ritual, it was a bit like the East End "kiddies" mocking their Dad's and Grandad's in the Dolman.

In those days the fans in the Dolman were generally older and quite different from standing fans - if you look at photos from the early 70's many of the Dolman fans were still wearing suits.

Certainly when I sat there on a rare occasion in the early-mid 70's instead of going in the EE, it was a completely different experience, although it's one common to us all these days.

Indeed, it's tiresome and sad

No its the "If you wanna go then **** off, don't stand in other peoples way" issue that most are bothered by.

And if its in the best interests of the team to stay then why should people leave. If the fans give up on a game with 10 minutes to go why shouldnt the players?

No its the "If you wanna go then **** off, don't stand in other peoples way" issue that most are bothered by.

And if its in the best interests of the team to stay then why should people leave. If the fans give up on a game with 10 minutes to go why shouldnt the players?

Um - becasue they are professionals paid hundreds/thousands a week to play for our team!!

Most of those that congregate in front of the Dolman (or stroll slowly out) are cheering and encouraging the players - does anyone really beleive that this dedicated and professional bunch of athletes look at the crowd and go - oh well mught as well give up then - they play for 90- minutes GJ and SL are out of order - next thing they will tell us we should jump in the avon - have a nice swim

How does it make you less of a supporter leaving a few minutes early, you pay the same and support the club in the same way. Some people have to leave early for various reasons, depending on how the game was going we use to leave early sometimes to get a place on the bus and get home at a decent hour.

I think all the people who start the leave early threads should also be complaining about the people that go to get a half time pie 5 mins before half time. I mean how dare they get out of their seat and walk past people to the refreshment stand before the half time whistle!! :rolleyes:

Would like to know what they think about this, also what if I need the toilet before half time am I allowed to go or should I wait untill half time??

Think pissing yourself in public is slightly different! Theres a point to leaving 5 mins before half time to get to the refreshments because if you go at half time, u que for 20 minutes and then wen you finally get served nothing is left. Its not like if you leave the game late your never going to get home isit...

Ive got from Bristol back home, about 30 miles in just over 30 minutes, and didnt leave until after the final whistle.... It doesnt really make that much difference!

Ive got from Bristol back home, about 30 miles in just over 30 minutes, and didnt leave until after the final whistle.... It doesnt really make that much difference!

Would you like a medal?

Nope, just making a point that it really doesnt affect your travel time an extra two minutes

Archived