IGNORED

Trundle

Proper Job

Firstly i'd like to make it clear that i'm not normally one for voiceing a negative opinion about our players but today i lost it.

As much as i (and everyone) wants LT to succeed at the City, i just havnt seen any evidence that he can cut it. Today was the straw the broke the camels back for me. Had a clear cut chance 8 yards out in the second half on his right foot (or even a good old fashioned left foot toe punt) and somehow kept hold of the ball until he was surrounded by 3 players.

don't get me wrong the guy has undoubted skill, but a friend remarked today he seems more interested in showboating and taking that extra touch which means we lose the ball. The simple pass is more often than not available to him and Lee just seems to take that extra second to release.

You may say he is lacking in confidence and a goal is all he needs, but at the moment i just can see him getting one.

He was one of the best players on the pitch in the first half, involved in everything going forward, playing people in all the time and not losing the ball much.

I don't think him and Byfield link well as a partnership, Byfield looks more effective off the bench.

Second half he wasn't as good, and he really should have hit that ball with his right and after that we just went long which we know doesn't work.

Honestly have to wonder why we're bringing on McCombe to play up front yet have Brooker out on loan.

He was never going to prove to be worth a million but he contributes more than some people realise, and certainly more than Showunmi. He still needs to add goals though.

Firstly i'd like to make it clear that i'm not normally one for voiceing a negative opinion about our players but today i lost it.

As much as i (and everyone) wants LT to succeed at the City, i just havnt seen any evidence that he can cut it. Today was the straw the broke the camels back for me. Had a clear cut chance 8 yards out in the second half on his right foot (or even a good old fashioned left foot toe punt) and somehow kept hold of the ball until he was surrounded by 3 players.

don't get me wrong the guy has undoubted skill, but a friend remarked today he seems more interested in showboating and taking that extra touch which means we lose the ball. The simple pass is more often than not available to him and Lee just seems to take that extra second to release.

You may say he is lacking in confidence and a goal is all he needs, but at the moment i just can see him getting one.

Agreed - I am afraid that he has had long enough to prove his worth and has failed.

GJ's one weakness - hopeless when it comes to signing strikers !

I was hoping against my better judgement that he would come good but it is clear with half a season gone, he aint going to cut the mustard. The chance in the 2nd half when he turned the defender onto his right foot. Well a million pound striker should bury the ball with his right foot. It's not the 1st time and wont be the last.

As to his contribution in a game, well it is reasonable not outstanding but reasonable. The fact is though, he was brought in to score goals and he aint doing it. Time to get someone else in and move on. We may find it a very long time before we have a better chance than we have now of reaching the top flight. Lets not waste it!

Sadly the "boo club" were out in the Dolman when he was substituted.

How any so called City fan can do that at this moment is a fekin joke.

Some kn@b 20 foot or so away from me gave it, "fat this, rubbish Trundle, worse than Savage," while he was downing his second pie and a stomach near his knees, had to take the full force of the Arny backlash!!

What a pr@ck, but there were plenty more in the stand.

Its unjust, we are for about another half hour top of the championship!

What the f@ck would it be like if we were stuck in the bottom four?

To be fair Arny this isn`t just about general booing of the team. I`m back in gloucester now and i`ve had a bit of time to think about it and i have to agree with the original thread.

Their can be no doubt that LT has skill. The problem i have is that in a team that GJ has built that has as its rock the ethos that you play as a team for each other, giving 100%, then LT is not fulfilling his part of the bargain, some similarities with PJ last season.

The only good points about his performance today were the odd moments of INDIVIDUAL skill. He contributed nothing to the team effort whatsoever, was too easily dispossesed when, for a player with his level of ball control, farting around with the ball at his feet instead of laying it off. Really disappointed and enough is enough. Give Enoch the starting spot because he gave more to the team in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch than LT did. Felt sorry for Byfield as he spent most of the game trying get something going with LT but was continually let down apart from one chance in the second half when LT let the ball pass through only for Byfield to be dubiously given offside.

As for the overall result, well, 2 points lost i guess, but heartened by a much improved attacking display.....and......yes, your right Arn, it could be so much worse. C`mon you reds.

PDG

Whilst I have been more than prepared to keep faith with "Super Lee" and wait for him to finally find his feet in the Championship, I am afraid today really proved that he may have been a mistake? Colchester's defence were not the best or the fastest but his lack of pace combined with his apparent desire to take one extra touch every time meant that his contribution was limited to say the least. I am afraid that we are now into the second half of the season and his contribution thus far to what has been a magnificent team effort by both team, management and fans just does not add up to what we paid for him and what he must now be picking up in wages every week - The Bentley must leave a hefty dent in the LT credit card every time he fills it up on its own. Sorry Lee but at present you are looking like why no other manager would take a gamble with you.............

PS:- Colchester should have had an absolute Stone wall penalty in injury time? I was sat in the front of the Williams adjacent with the edge of the area and Vasko was left standing by Lisbie and clearly brought him down - Thanks Ref/Lino

I still think he has alot to offer and a big part to play but sometimes he just needs to do the easy thing rather than over complicate and get caught out.

I agree with Nibor in that he was excellent in the first half but as good as he was in the first half he was bad in the 2nd half. If he'd have kept it simple id hazard a guess that we would have had the opportunity to put in another 5 or 6 crosses in to the box. All he had to do was lay it off - play the way he was facing. Instead he just held on to it and got caught out.

Why he never struck that ball with his right foot from 7/8 yards out I don't know - Ridiculous when you consider that 2 minutes later he played a 40 yard pass with his right foot and set sproule away.....

He was excellent in the 1st but not so good in the 2nd. In the 1st half he did everything but score. I want to see what he can do in front of goal and not what he can do from the middle of the pitch. We need to get him in that box more than we are currently getting him. As LJ had a good game people are jumping on LT's back instead.

I agree with the general consensus that Trundle had a poor game. I didn't hear any booing when he was taken off but it had to be the most muted reception he's had yet.

Yes, he was part of a strong period of play in the first half when City knocked it around well at a good tempo, but how often did either he or Byfield look like scoring during that period? How often does he get a chance or get on the end of anything in the box?

How often does he "get a few shots off" as they like to say. In recent performances, apart from that second half at Plymouth I struggle to think of games when he has looked a threat apart from the odd fleeting moment.

I think fans in general and on here have been remarkably patient with the guy. I would much rather be a happy clappy bloke than a moaner, but we're now well into the season and Trundle has yet to show he can be a consistent threat.

We need a finisher to add the to mix. We are doing brilliantly to be in the top two but we've not really rolled too many teams over.

Can we have him back then? Still 2 weeks left until the transfer window closes!

You want him back? I'm honestly surprised considering your season so far.

Make an "undisclosed" bid in the summer and you can have him :P

I personally think we should a) keep him and b) he's good enough. But perhaps we can attract "better" depending on which league we're in.

To be fair Arny this isn`t just about general booing of the team. I`m back in gloucester now and i`ve had a bit of time to think about it and i have to agree with the original thread.

Their can be no doubt that LT has skill. The problem i have is that in a team that GJ has built that has as its rock the ethos that you play as a team for each other, giving 100%, then LT is not fulfilling his part of the bargain, some similarities with PJ last season.

The only good points about his performance today were the odd moments of INDIVIDUAL skill. He contributed nothing to the team effort whatsoever, was too easily dispossesed when, for a player with his level of ball control, farting around with the ball at his feet instead of laying it off. Really disappointed and enough is enough. Give Enoch the starting spot because he gave more to the team in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch than LT did. Felt sorry for Byfield as he spent most of the game trying get something going with LT but was continually let down apart from one chance in the second half when LT let the ball pass through only for Byfield to be dubiously given offside.

As for the overall result, well, 2 points lost i guess, but heartened by a much improved attacking display.....and......yes, your right Arn, it could be so much worse. C`mon you reds.

PDG

Good post and well thought out, but the truth is WHY BOO?

Its heartbreaking when we all know deep down he would love to get on the score sheet.

His million dollar status don't help him, and fickle City fans ought to remember that.

I would love the guy to get a brace of goals to ram it up a few,s arse,s.

Sadly untill that happens, the fellow will be a target!

I really like and rate Lee Trundle. But yes today was not a fantastic performance from him. I still feel he is adapting to the work ethic GJ expects all his teams to play with. I do not see him as a centre forward who can lead the line, he is more of a link/playmaker. His pace is never going to take him in behind defenders so he offers the short to feet option which requires a quicker finisher to be running beyond him down the channels so he can play them in or turn and dribble at centre halves. I am sure GJ knew his strengths and weaknesses before he bought him to the gate and could see a role for him.

I like most think GJ is the reason City are doing so well and trust his judgement 100%. The time to judge will be on Sunday May 4th at 4.45pm, until then lets get behind the team and enjoy the fact we have a team and a club that is making great strides compared to what we have suffered for years.

AS ADRIANO BASSO SAYS 'BELIEVE'

And yes LJ was excellent today along with Sproule and McIndoe.

Trundle needs a goal...but unless he is prepared to shoot at some point he is unlikely to get it. The fact that we nevcer seen to play the same strikers two weeks running shows that we have not got a front line that GJ is happy with...all the forward players need to step up their game for the last 19 games if we are to maintain our position in the automatic promotion zone.

Trundle needs a goal...but unless he is prepared to shoot at some point he is unlikely to get it. The fact that we nevcer seen to play the same strikers two weeks running shows that we have not got a front line that GJ is happy with...all the forward players need to step up their game for the last 19 games if we are to maintain our position in the automatic promotion zone.

Agree. Perhaps shooting from "TENYARDS" might help..... :innocent06:

Basically, a talented player who made his move to the Championship a couple of years too late. He has been very disappointing this season, and let's not forget, age is not on his side. I think he will leave in the summer back to a Division 1 side. Why kid ourselves, the season is 27 games old, and so far we have seen one quality performance (Scunny), three goals, a few tricks, and a lot of disappointing performances. Nothing against him personally, I think it's just one of those moves that has not worked out. I won't be booing him, will continue to cheer him as a City player, but don't think he has a long term future at the Club.

Dissapointing to hear that Trunds was booed by his own fans when he was subbed, I can honestly say that Lee would have never have been booed by the Swansea fans. He might have had a quiet game occasionaly, but we always knew that the following week, we'd see a bit of 'Trundle magic' to win the game for us....that is why he will always be a known as a legend at Swansea. Booing Lee is not going to do his confidence any good at all.

Dissapointing to hear that Trunds was booed by his own fans when he was subbed, I can honestly say that Lee would have never have been booed by the Swansea fans. He might have had a quiet game occasionaly, but we always knew that the following week, we'd see a bit of 'Trundle magic' to win the game for us....that is why he will always be a known as a legend at Swansea. Booing Lee is not going to do his confidence any good at all.

It was more sort of shy boo.s from a few delinquents at the back of the stand tbh.

He aint going anywhere, certainly not near the Gower coast!!!!

Just a thought....he was always LT 10 at Swansea and that was his lucky number. Jevo has gone to Huddersfield leaving the number 10 shirt available. Should we give it to Trundle to try to change his luck?...I reckon it is worth a go...are we allowed change a squad number mid-season? Am I clutching at straws?

Just a thought....he was always LT 10 at Swansea and that was his lucky number. Jevo has gone to Huddersfield leaving the number 10 shirt available. Should we give it to Trundle to try to change his luck?...I reckon it is worth a go...are we allowed change a squad number mid-season? Am I clutching at straws?

Good point, and may help the lads cause.

Hopefully yessir reads this thread and passes it on to GJ

We are in the top 2 Great

But we do have a problem

Noble and LJ play best in a 4-5-1

Trundle cant play as a loan forward

If we play a 4-4-2

the midfield then becomes to light weight

and over ran

Which means the front two does not get the service

GJ has to buy

(a) midfilder who can play in a 4 (the aussie could be that man)

or

(b) forward who can play up front on his own

We are in the top 2 Great

But we do have a problem

Noble and LJ play best in a 4-5-1

Trundle cant play as a loan forward

If we play a 4-4-2

the midfield then becomes to light weight

and over ran

Which means the front two does not get the service

GJ has to buy

(a) midfilder who can play in a 4 (the aussie could be that man)

or

(b) forward who can play up front on his own

You should be a manager Malt,s.... :innocent06:

Archived