IGNORED

Trundle

Proper Job

Firstly i'd like to make it clear that i'm not normally one for voiceing a negative opinion about our players but today i lost it.

As much as i (and everyone) wants LT to succeed at the City, i just havnt seen any evidence that he can cut it. Today was the straw the broke the camels back for me. Had a clear cut chance 8 yards out in the second half on his right foot (or even a good old fashioned left foot toe punt) and somehow kept hold of the ball until he was surrounded by 3 players.

don't get me wrong the guy has undoubted skill, but a friend remarked today he seems more interested in showboating and taking that extra touch which means we lose the ball. The simple pass is more often than not available to him and Lee just seems to take that extra second to release.

You may say he is lacking in confidence and a goal is all he needs, but at the moment i just can see him getting one.

I have to say that I have been infuriated by the amount of stick that Trundle has got all season on this forum. I personally love to see the tricks and Lee is obviously an immensely gifted player. When I saw his name on the team sheet today I thought this is the game that he will show what an assest he can be to the City and I was hoping for a performance to eclipse the 2 amazing goals at S****horpe to shut the haters up for good. HOWEVER, Agree... he was very poor today. So much talent but completely ineffective for most of todays game and totally off the pace, trying things in silly areas of the pitch and completely failing to communicate with those around him. I'm so proud that the team I have supported through thin and mostly thin since the early 80s reached top spot for a few hours and I'm full of optimism BUT i don't see where we are going to get many goals from this season. I am an eternal optimist though... so here is to Nicky Carle who is going to be the creative midfielder to complement Elliott's amazing engine and we will continue to suprise all those who are waiting for us to slip up! Still hopeful that Lee can do a job for us... come on Lee sort it out mate and prove all the miserable haters wrong (including me today! sorry...)

Firstly i'd like to make it clear that i'm not normally one for voiceing a negative opinion about our players but today i lost it.

As much as i (and everyone) wants LT to succeed at the City, i just havnt seen any evidence that he can cut it. Today was the straw the broke the camels back for me. Had a clear cut chance 8 yards out in the second half on his right foot (or even a good old fashioned left foot toe punt) and somehow kept hold of the ball until he was surrounded by 3 players.

don't get me wrong the guy has undoubted skill, but a friend remarked today he seems more interested in showboating and taking that extra touch which means we lose the ball. The simple pass is more often than not available to him and Lee just seems to take that extra second to release.

You may say he is lacking in confidence and a goal is all he needs, but at the moment i just can see him getting one.

Totally agree but be careful I was attacked by many on this forum for daring to suggest he wasn't up to it and also told by many how well he had been playing.

He was one of the best players on the pitch in the first half, involved in everything going forward, playing people in all the time and not losing the ball much.

I don't think him and Byfield link well as a partnership, Byfield looks more effective off the bench.

Second half he wasn't as good, and he really should have hit that ball with his right and after that we just went long which we know doesn't work.

Honestly have to wonder why we're bringing on McCombe to play up front yet have Brooker out on loan.

He was never going to prove to be worth a million but he contributes more than some people realise, and certainly more than Showunmi. He still needs to add goals though.

Are you blind man? :disapointed2se::disapointed2se: I thought my record never changed, but hey, you are NIBOR so I'm sure you opinion on LT's performance yesterday carries this most weight :noexpression:

Agree with all the posts he is lacking confidence , he isnt scoreing goals , he does contibute to the game , but he is no worse or indeed any better than byfield and enoch its the one area in the team where we are SLIGHTLY lacking , l think we have 3 good workmanlike strikers who do well in the team and style we play ( something must be right were f--king top for gods sake ) However i do think we do lack 2 QUALITY forwards ( thought there 2 yesterday were useful mind ) but whos to say even if we did get 2 quality forwards in they would gell with the rest of the team and our style of play , Its a very delicate situation do we change a style and personnel that has served us so well so far, On another note once we settled down thought it was a good game and at time both teams played some very good stuff

Yeah today I did wish that Lee had scored I really did and I wonder when he will come good. He still gets me cumming ;) It needs the end product though,

But ###### hell what a suprise many of the moaners calling for Enoch were the ones that slag of our other Lee so **** the lot of em.

don't get me started mate, i sit in block G i wont say where! There was a bloke behind me slagging Trundle and Johnson off ALL GAME no matter what they did! But if ANY other player on the pitch mad a mistake he said NOTHING :disapointed2se::disapointed2se:

Now i know he could of sat else where, but i have not seen this bloke before!!!

From the Atyeo LT seemed to get a good good reception when he was substituted. We all want him to succeed.

Posters on this forum have said he had an "excellent" first half. Did he score? Did he even shoot? Sproule had an excellent first half. Both wide players did their bit on Saturday.

I'm sorry but LT is not affecting the game as he should. Byfield has scored 8 league goals and deserves to play alongside a sriker with pace and power - we don't have one but Enoch & Brooker combined might fit the bill.

Two weeks to go and I hope we get an Adebola type player who will rough up up the opposition defence - get a few goals himself but create a few more for Byfield.

Gary Johnson is our manager and his team is giving us the best season since 75/76. He picks the team. He knows what jobs he wants his players to do. At the moment LT is part of his game plan and we're in automatic promotion with 19 games to go. Don't forget when he was playing Bas Savage we went 11 or 12 games undefeated. I repeat, he's our manager and he knows what he's doing. We could have beaten Colchester, yes, but we could also have lost. As the great Bill Shankley once said: "Never underestimate the value of a home point."

Lee didn't score a goal but his contribution to the team was great and I, for one, did stand up to applaud him off the pitch.

GJ is the manager and over the last 27 games he's been fantastic as has his team. Criticism of this team, however constructive some of you think it is, is unnecessary. GJ admitted to giving them a rollicking and that's his job. Our job is to encourage and support this fantastic season we're having.

And don't start me off on the moaners who phoned Twentyman after the match! What is wrong with people? Is the only happy Bristolian, a whinging Bristolian? God!!

Archived