IGNORED

Earnshaw? (merged)

Komazawa

Just checking out the stats for the season and saw Earnshaw has only started twice this season at Derby. They've just signed a new striker from Mexico.

The guy is a goal machine at Championship level - any chance of getting him in on an extended loan? Don't like the guy, but surely would be worth an enquiry?

Just checking out the stats for the season and saw Earnshaw has only started twice this season at Derby. They've just signed a new striker from Mexico.

The guy is a goal machine at Championship level - any chance of getting him in on an extended loan? Don't like the guy, but surely would be worth an enquiry?

I'd be interested to see the stats.

How wierd

I was only saying to my old man yesterday I think we should go for him, great player, great finisher....just what we are looking for

this was a guy i hated with a passion many many years ago for obvious reasons. never forget when cardiff drew to us in semi final 2nd leg, and earnshaw milking the fact they be in final by doing somersaults in front of Cardiff fans in east end.

but then again, I don't want to think about our past struggleing in 3rd tier (and atm that ain't hard), the only thing i'm looking to is the future for our club and i believe Earnshaw would be a top draw signing for the 2nd half of the season but i would regret to say it would have to be a loan deal, and if he gets us goals, he will be forgiven for being a big success at Cardiff, wish i could say the same about Trundle at Swansea :innocent06:

get Earnshaw in GJ

Good shout and another player I'd like to see is Dave Cotterill as a central striker IF we're going 4-4-2.

Cotterill is unproven as a striker - why?

I'd be interested to see the stats.

Earnshaw's stats in the Championship - league only:

Club - Appearances(subs) goals

Norwich - 41 (4) 27

Cardiff - 48(2) 22

Goals per start - 0.55 (better than 2 goals per game)

In the Prem:

Derby - 2 (10) 0

West Brom - 22 (21) 12

Goals per start: 0.5

Seems to indicate he's a top goalscorer at any level.

However, he's hardly going to want to go on loan to us when he has the opportunity to impress Paul Jewell and win a starting place particularly for next season is he? They may have signed a striker but they sold Howard and Derby don't exactly have loads of them.

Norwich - 41 (4) 27

Cardiff - 48(2) 22

In the Prem:

Derby - 2 (10) 0

West Brom - 22 (21) 12

However, he's hardly going to want to go on loan to us when he has the opportunity to impress Paul Jewell and win a starting place particularly for next season is he? They may have signed a striker but they sold Howard and Derby don't exactly have loads of them.

Clubcall seem to think that Cardiff are interested in a loan move for 'Ernie: http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=331965

Norwich - 41 (4) 27

Cardiff - 48(2) 22

In the Prem:

Derby - 2 (10) 0

West Brom - 22 (21) 12

For me it`s a no-brainer. Proven goalscorer at Championship level. Note in bold, his record at West Brom when they were in the Premiership. Shows he`s capable of scoring goals at the highest level. And that`s even though Bryan Robson wasn`t picking him regularly. His reason was because he needed to develop his game more than just being a goalscorer. But surely the first job of any striker is to score goals. Anyway, he`d be a great signing for us. Loan or permanantly.

Norwich - 41 (4) 27

Cardiff - 48(2) 22

In the Prem:

Derby - 2 (10) 0

West Brom - 22 (21) 12

Thats certainly an impressive tally and I didn't realise he was that prolific at this level. Go get him !

I'd welcome Earnshaw or Roberts with open arms. Both have proven they can cut it at this level and the next, which is what we'd need IF we did manage to get that far.....

I doubt either will happen though as I can't see us spending that sort of money to get them here. Then again I said the same about Trundle and I'd take them over him any day.

Looks as if Earnshaw will drop to a championship club if it means getting regular games ;

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...3050349,00.html

I'm quite surprised by that.

You have to wonder why he doesn't seem to have got a chance from Jewell yet, they're not exactly scoring for fun.

I suspect he's talking about dropping down "on loan as long as it costs me nowt".

Worth a look though given what he's said there.

Archived