IGNORED

Earnshaw? (merged)

Komazawa

How much do Derby want - £1.5 to £2 million?

My friend (who works for a lawyer, all you 'sauce' addicts) told me they were looking to get a significant amount of their investment back, which considering Earnshaw cost £3.5 Million (not fully paid I understand) would make you think nearer £2-2.5 Million, although he didn't say an exact figure.

I can only imagine the reason cardiff were laughed off was their lack of funds or unwillingness to pay a fee, which (from my understanding) Ipswich are not adverse to doing.

Where did you hear that?

Could well believe it. Ipswich have recently been taken over by the guy who owns the company I work for. Lots of money has been up in to them. I believe it was roughly £32m of debt written off and £12m of first team investment according to the press.

I would be delighted if he signed- he has a great scoring record.

personally ive never really rated earnshaw all that much. the first thing that comes to mind when he comes up is cardiff.

that for a start wouldnt go down well, and as much i can remember, everytime we played um i thought danny coles had him in his pocket. no threat, out of the game.

obviously you cant judge a player over just two games, but as redhyde said, there is no chance of signing him so end of really...

First thing that comes to my mind is Gollum!

Who's the only player to have scored a hat-trick in all four of the English division's, the FA Cup, Carling Cup and at International level? :whistle2:

He's never impressed me but for that reason, and that reason alone, he'd be a good signing. I doubt whether we could get him though as GJ himself admitted yesterday that we're 'nowhere near' completing a deal for anyone let alone Earnshaw.

So, apart from 3), and taking my earlier response (above) into account, there's still a chance.

Fair enough, but if Paul Jewell thinks selling off the players who would help him get Derby BACK into the Premiership is a good idea, then well *tries and fails to think of something clever to say* he's an idiot.

Archived