IGNORED

City Fans Are The Most Interesting In World

Br 1st ol

Guest BCFC_DEANO

I was on TV on west match when Tony Thorpe scored against Wycombe (away) some years back little did i realise then that i should have nutted him. :@

Tell the forum something about you that we dont know, something interesting.

eg. A famous relative

[Percy]- with a marriage in there somewhere I am related to Johnny Herbert. Never met him though. And before you ask- yes I HAVE met me dad!

eg. A TV apprearence

[Percy]- Casualty (supporting artist), Weakest Link (crap contestent), Local News (stupid A Level student stuttering out his results to a camera). Oh, and I was the face of dispair on the front page of the EP last season after the Play-Off defeat!!!!

eg. A top achievement.

[Percy]- nothing anyone here would care about. My A Level results probably. Red and White Nights make me proud....does anyone know when the next one is? :P What's that? Against Plymouth? FANTASTIC!

Most interesting, non fictional fact, wins a prize....

eg. A famous relative

My Grandad's second cousin Bill Tovey, played for City in the 50's and was on the staff until 1982.

eg. A TV apprearence

Soccer AM, September 27 2003 and I scored TWO GOALS in "We Are The Champions League"

"Grill The Gaffer" a question to camera, for a small slot on Points West Friday Sport, BBC, broadcast before the Hartlepool home game, in August

"Ten On Saturday" a regional Saturday kids programme, on the now defunct HTV west, back in 1979. Co-Presented by Richard Wyatt. (Oooh err)

eg. A top achievement.

Persuading Bristol City FC to form an anti-racist group, after setting up a series of meetings with the club and "Kick It Out" the Let's Kick Racism Out Of Football campaign.

I taught John Mcenroes children (kevin and shaun) to play tennis at an academy in Boston. John M joined me and a few others for a game of footy and was very good. Asked him if he had played before to which he answered "at high school I had to choose between tennis and soccer". Made the right choice then??!

Demi and Bruce had there nippers at the academy as well.

Otherwise, interviewd a Lib Dem MP on a live sixth form political chat show (htvwest) and led a mini pitch invasion when T Thorpe equalised against Wigan away a few seasons ago - we lost 2-1 and when Wigan got the winner one of there fans nearly got to the half way line before being broken by two stewrds. Anyone remember this one??

My Dad played in a band with Pete Budd (of the Wurzels fame).

A friend's sister is married to Fat Boy Slim.

I and a friend organised an alternative concert when the Rolling Stones played Ashton Gate back in the 80s.

I moved house more than 25 times when I was a kid.

My middle name is the same as a famous guitarist (Brian ... Brian May).

I failed CSE woodwork (yes CSE, not even O level).

That's about it for me ...

Guest comeonyoureds
I scored for city vs walsall few years back. phil's my real name. read incider letter from andy bevan. :city:
just read it thats a quality story! :cool:

Further to Greenun's post, I too was on 'Ten on Saturday' in the late 70's. I had the pleasure,as a ten year old, of interviewing the longest serving manager in the league at the time... a certain Alan Dicks.

He 'left' the club shortly after. Sorry Alan...

could do i spose, was that the greatest achievement or something about you part?

Dunno if it counts as someone famous, unless it was a tube off of casualty...

It was part of an experiment run by the Department of Physiology at Sheffield University in 1981. At least, that's what the very friendly man in a white coat said ...

Although if you want a "Casualty" connection, I once spent a night in the flat they used on the show as Charlie's bachelor pad.

Tell the forum something about you that we dont know, something interesting.

eg. A famous relative

eg. A TV apprearence

eg. A top achievement.

Famous relative:

Women weakened at the knees by my ravishing good looks often express surprise that I am in no way related to Errol Flynn. I am also not related to my vertically-challenged namesake former Wrexham and Swansea manager and (dirty) Leeds midfielder.

TV appearance:

The one I am proudest of was at Ashton Gate, grinning unshaven into the camera like an imbecile as I jubilantly waved my FA Cup tickets for Cambridge away at the HTV cameras after a night spent queuing. Boy, was the smile wiped off my face at that game.

Top achievement:

Rolling around in £50m of real tenners with a near-naked Emma Noble on my knee for a photoshoot. The achievement was to avoid MrsRedTop divorcing me afterwards when she saw the pictures.

I also took Jordan on her first Page Three modelling job and, using my expertise in such matters, confidently predicted she would never make it.

Top achievment - peeing on Willie John McBride and getting away with it. For those of you who that means nothing - a very large and robust Irish Rugby International, who had some success. My defence - I was 9 mths old at the time - my father played alongside him at Ballymena.

TV apperiences - sadly a few, but all really boring, usually local to MK.

Most famous relative - distant cousin of Michael Collins. If not a student of Irish history, afraid I'm not going to elaborate.

I once stood in at a urinal with Ian Botham on one side and Viv Richards on the other in pub in Bath.

They were chatting to each other as if I wasn't there and were and were trying to decide what club had the best looking women in.

Famous Relative -

Nope aint got one... (at least I dont think so) Although I have met, Nelson Piquet, Nelson Piquet Jn, Takumo Sato, Antony Davidson, Jamie Davies.... Richard Whitely (up his own a***), Adam Hart-Davis, could think of a few more proberly.

TV apperance -

Does HTV (or was it BBC Points West!!!) count? October 2000 handing out free tea & coffie on Temple Meads as all the trains we're cancelled!!! (and yes I was workin at the time)

Top Achievement -

Not going to Uni and into dept like me mates.... (and being paid more than them now they've finished Uni) Oh and getting 3rd place in the English Draughts Youth Championships under 8's section back in 1988 at my first attempt. :cool:

Archived