IGNORED

Ivan Sproule

leepeacock's50phead

Ivan's got better and better as the season has gone on.

When he started up front back after his ban expired he wasn't contributing at all, no threat on goal and nothing much else but chasing the ball. He was moved to the wing and the first half a dozen games there were lacking end product.

Then he scored that wonder goal against Southampton where he ran from inside his own half and it seemed to give him massive confidence. He's contributed more and more every week IMO and Colchester was one of his best games - especially the time during which he had switched flanks with McIndoe. Now he's beating people, leading many breaks, putting balls into dangerous areas with regularity - it's much, much better and he's looking like a very good acquisition.

If he wants to carry on improving in the same vein I think he needs to play to run onto a ball more than come short for it, make slightly better decisions in the final third, and perhaps he needs a right back behind whose passing over distance is a little better than Orr's. I'm pretty sure he will carry on his form though, this is his first season in professional football as a regular first team starter and in just 5 months the improvement has been great.

He is a legend :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

Legend

:)

What the man says. Saw his goal on the box on saturday - pure class. I really hope his fairy story keeps running, and he has many a successful season at Ashton Gate. I'd love to see him again next season when you come back to Deepdale. Don't expect an easy ride on May 4th, promotion challenge or no promotion challenge.

Ivan's one of the first names I'd have on the team sheet, home and away, he frightens defenders with the pace and hope he learns more positional play. I noticed in a recent interview he was more used to playing in a 4-4-3 at Hibs, so the system here is relatively new to him.

All in all, what with the suspension at the start, settling in, the new baby etc. he's doing well. Hope he can delay that fifth booking for a good while (tempting fate).

The boy is class. As the last post stats he is used to 4-3-3. He has been asked to play deeper in a 4-4-2 and is doing a bloody good job, he tracks back for a barny with Orr when needed :bruce_h4h: . The fans inthe dolmoan are shouting at him to come out wide to look for space all of the time which i am sure he would if he could. A right midfielder is more than just stood out on the wing waiting for the ball.

Scott Murrey is a similer player who will always be a legend at AG. I hope he gets a new 1 year contract and the chance to beat Alan Walsh's 99 goals.

Scotty for coach :winner_third_h4h:

Archived