IGNORED

Citys 'superb' Midfield

jellyred

Was reading the guardian and came across this, http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/...tom_of_the.html , was more about Colchester but was set against our game from Saturday.

The journo also seemed to think that we are have the calibre of players to continue our promotion push. Seems like at least one national is coming round to the idea that City are worth some column inches!

BTW in another article on there about Harry Redknapp. GJ gets a mention as a manager to look at.

Was reading the guardian and came across this, http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/01/...tom_of_the.html , was more about Colchester but was set against our game from Saturday.

The journo also seemed to think that we are have the calibre of players to continue our promotion push. Seems like at least one national is coming round to the idea that City are worth some column inches!

BTW in another article on there about Harry Redknapp. GJ gets a mention as a manager to look at.

'the aptly named Lee Trundle...'

Ouch!

Unfortunately Trunds had one of his worst games in a City shirt on Sat. In fact I felt Byfield and Trundle both had poor games which was a shame because the midfield did well. At the back we were ok though Vasko had a poor start.

I must admit, i don't think trundle or byfield have had particulary good games when they have been part of a two man strike force, its seems to me that both of them play their best football with noble in just behind, with a 4-5-1 formation.. this way the midfield and the striker inter-link, where as in a 4-4-2 the front two seem to be a seperate entity to the rest of the side.. and that certainly showed against colchester!

all in all though, i think every single one of our players should be proud of what they have achieved, all have contributed so far, and long may it continue into the top flight!!!

Archived