IGNORED

Kevin Keegan

foghornred

:city: Nice to see Kevin Keegan back into football but does anyone remember the last time that he became Newcastle's manager ?

It was back in 1992 and his first game in charge was at home to BRISTOL CITY !

As I recall we played quite well that day but the occasion (and crowd) got to our players a bit and we Finally succumbed and finished up losing 3-0,but what a day to remember,one that has stayed in the memory for all these years.

:city: Nice to see Kevin Keegan back into football but does anyone remember the last time that he became Newcastle's manager ?

As I recall we played quite well that day but the occasion (and crowd) got to our players a bit and we Finally succumbed and finished up losing 3-0,but what a day to remember,one that has stayed in the memory for all these years.

Yes remember that day, as I recall we were in a small pen in the corner and the away end was packed as loads of newcastle fans in with us as well.

Think i still have the programme with keegan on the front in cupboard.

Also am I right in thinking kevin keegan come to the ground by helicopter?

Guest MaloneFM

He left the ground by helicopter after his testimonial, dropping his number 7 shirt out of the door. However, from the Newcastle Rag:

Keegan had spent the previous seven years playing golf and lying in a swimming pool in Marbella, where the likely tactics at corners of Bristol City would not have much entered his mind. They were first opponents and Keegan confessed he knew nothing about them "other than that they played in red shirts".

Ignorant permed little ponce....

Remember when people knew when to put things in the right forum on here?

No. Me either.

Lighten up! It was more interesting than many posts on the main forum, yet thanks to your 'timely intervention' it has been moved to a place where no one will read it. Time to get rid of the 'Social' forum in my opinion and get everything City-related back where people will get to read it.

Sorry to be picky but I am sure I remember it being 5-0.

Remember when people knew when to put things in the right forum on here?

No. Me either.

THIS is one of the main problems on this forum !! certain people like to think they are god and try playing it

its city related so why move it to the social forum !!!!!!

think i will stay on the zider heads forum

can say what you like there without some prat making stupid comments!

I remember that game well as I was our mascot that day at the tender age of 16. This came about because I was travelling to the game with Junior reds and I got a call the night before as I think the original mascot had dropped out. I remember that I was taller than both our captain Rob Newman and their captain Roy Aitken!!. I also met Paul Gascoigne that day.He was in a foyer behind the scenes with his leg in plaster after that wonderful tackle in the FA cup final. I still have the programme from that day signed by all the players from both sides and also signed by gazza.

THIS is one of the main problems on this forum !! certain people like to think they are god and try playing it

its city related so why move it to the social forum !!!!!!

think i will stay on the zider heads forum

can say what you like there without some prat making stupid comments!

Hear hear sir ,

Agree with statement.

The only excuse for God , is that he does'nt exist ( Stendhal 1783-1842 ) well not on this forum. :innocent06::innocent06::innocent06:

Sorry to be picky but I am sure I remember it being 5-0.

We were pumped 5-0 the following season. The 3-0 game was Keegan`s first in charge, when they looked certs for relegation.

I know as I had the misfortune to go to both. I cannot recall us playing at all well in the 3-0 (and certainly not the 5-0!), but the atmosphere was crackling...and that was the "old" St James` Park, with both ends open.

Bloody long drive.

Also remember going to Roker Park, getting a 1-0 (in League Cup), only to get rogered 6-0 (or was it 6-1?) at home. Was falling asleep driving home. Happy (?) days.

We were pumped 5-0 the following season. The 3-0 game was Keegan`s first in charge, when they looked certs for relegation.

I know as I had the misfortune to go to both. I cannot recall us playing at all well in the 3-0 (and certainly not the 5-0!), but the atmosphere was crackling...and that was the "old" St James` Park, with both ends open.

Bloody long drive.

Also remember going to Roker Park, getting a 1-0 (in League Cup), only to get rogered 6-0 (or was it 6-1?) at home. Was falling asleep driving home. Happy (?) days.

I remember that 6-1 roasting at home as well (it was 6-1 looked it up on citystats) it seemed every chance they had they took.

Also remember going to Roker Park, when I think Martin Scott got sent off and Andy Cole played at full back.

I remember that 6-1 roasting at home as well (it was 6-1 looked it up on citystats) it seemed every chance they had they took.

Also remember going to Roker Park, when I think Martin Scott got sent off and Andy Cole played at full back.

We won the away leg didn't we? We always used to do well at roker (in the 80's), but could never beat them at home. The first time I went there we beat them 1-0 and we got rocks thrown at us by a gang of 8 year olds, while the police looked on and laughed. The next time I went there we were losing 1-0 until Jackie turned on the magic and we scored 3 in about 10 minutes.

Yes remember that day, as I recall we were in a small pen in the corner and the away end was packed as loads of newcastle fans in with us as well.

Think i still have the programme with keegan on the front in cupboard.

what was keegan doing in the cupboard?

Archived