IGNORED

View Of Our Support From The Home End

KnowleUtd City

but pretty much every other club in the country stands away from home. so why don't we instead of sitting down when people moan just stand and tell them to stand or move

Who the hell are you to tell people who don't wanna stand up all game to move? Why should they? Seats are there to be sat on. Some people had a ###### long trip to get there and were probably ****** tired!

If someone doesnt wanna stand all game let them ###### sit, and if theyve got a ticket theyve got a right to sit in that seat. The fact theyve made the financial and physical effort to go to the game makes them a lot better supporter than most. And definately a better supporter than someone who sits in a corporate box at an away ground!!!

0738 Parkway i am not questioning peoples finacial effort far play 2 every single fan that went yesterday all i am saying is are away support seems to be a bit dead i.e people sitting and not standing, if you have every stood at a football match you will agree with that this automatically increases the atmosphere,I'm in no way saying aston villa is a better club i support city end off, i just think that if every 1 would have stood yesterday the atmopshere wuld have been 10 times better do you not agree?

I think quite a few of you younger City supporters forget that a good majority of City's hard core away fans are of the older generation. I go every week to watch City with my father 61, uncle 75 and son 15. It's physically impossible for my uncle to stand all game ! We like to have a good view of the game and don't like sitting near the front. I would welcome some sort of areas designated for standing and seating but until this happens I'm sorry but sitting takes priority !

0738 Parkway i am not questioning peoples finacial effort far play 2 every single fan that went yesterday all i am saying is are away support seems to be a bit dead i.e people sitting and not standing, if you have every stood at a football match you will agree with that this automatically increases the atmosphere,I'm in no way saying aston villa is a better club i support city end off, i just think that if every 1 would have stood yesterday the atmopshere wuld have been 10 times better do you not agree?

perhaps u don't ever know , yes i have stood many times , and personally do prefer to stand but u cant push people to stand up they will do whatever pleases them i sang and shouted just as much yesterday sat down and stood up as much as i would of if i was standing all game , we still lost 2-0 whether u were stood sat or pissed up in the toilets and thats what really matters the result not the noise

I managed to blag into a corporate box for the day yesterday so it was interesting to see what our away support was like from the home end, obviously impressive numbers but apart from before kick off and the very start of the game Palace were far louder, you could here their lads louder down in the far corner than Citys end and they were all stood all game by the looks of it, I can't understand why the vast majority of our away support sits all game, what a joke, make's me laugh people on this board slagging our hollies, at least they add a bit of spice to our support, without them we would have without question one of the worst supports in the country. I guess they are the people that sit there in silence all game.

Perhaps it is the fact that football supporters now want to blag their way into the "prawn sandwich" area that has done more than most to dilute atmosphere!! How can YOU complain about the lack of atmosphere by other supporters who have paid good money to be there when you are busy munching on a Salmon Rosti and glugging bottles of Moet and Chandon that you have BLAGGED? Unfortunately, though, the thread has degenerated into the usual "I'm a better supporter than the other 2,600" childish nonsense.

What the hell? Was I the only one that thought our vocal support was impressive yesterday? 2800 fans, plenty of singing in the pubs before the game and consistant noise and support throughout the match. Palace's first and second goals, as well as the final whistle were instantly greeted with chants from our fans attempting to lift the players.

I was expecting to read a thread praising our support yesterday, instead I see this. I'm gobsmacked to be honest...

It does my head in at away games when all our support sit down and sing nothing. You might as well watch the games at Sky or on the Championship on a Sunday morning if thats all you go for. These people add no atmosphere towards the game and just seem to make our numbers look impressive. The lads need all the support they can get when away from home.

I've been to quite a few away games this season and I noticed both at Wolves and Plymouth that a good 90% of our traveling fans didn't contribute at all.

Not that I'm condoning hoolignism, but when it gets a bit heated in the stands or there is trouble it is a common fact that the atmosphere is better. Perhaps if every fan made an effort to sing there would be no need to channel passion into violence.

I managed to blag into a corporate box for the day yesterday so it was interesting to see what our away support was like from the home end, obviously impressive numbers but apart from before kick off and the very start of the game Palace were far louder, you could here their lads louder down in the far corner than Citys end and they were all stood all game by the looks of it, I can't understand why the vast majority of our away support sits all game, what a joke, make's me laugh people on this board slagging our hollies, at least they add a bit of spice to our support, without them we would have without question one of the worst supports in the country. I guess they are the people that sit there in silence all game.
:englandsmile4wf: You are talking absolute b#######s.There was plenty of noise from where i was sat in row x.Perhaps if you were as astute as palace it would give some credence to what you say.They put us in a corner of the ground so we were surrounded by there fans.If we had one end like the away fans enjoy at ashton gate you would have heard us loud and clear.To say the so called hollies make a noise and cause trouble is a good thing you must be of your trolley.I thought the fans who didn't have corparte facilities were brilliant and tried there best to support the CITY and keep up their good name. :englandsmile4wf:

I've been to quite a few away games this season and I noticed both at Wolves and Plymouth that a good 90% of our traveling fans didn't contribute at all.

I've stopped going away as the make up of our away support has changed so much, I can't stand going to games only to be sat down with a load of moaning numptys.

Who the hell are you to tell people who don't wanna stand up all game to move? Why should they? Seats are there to be sat on. Some people had a ###### long trip to get there and were probably ###### tired!

If someone doesnt wanna stand all game let them ###### sit, and if theyve got a ticket theyve got a right to sit in that seat. The fact theyve made the financial and physical effort to go to the game makes them a lot better supporter than most. And definately a better supporter than someone who sits in a corporate box at an away ground!!!

See both sides of discussion , if on my own I will / would stand , but with two youngsters usually with me its not always possible . Also when fans stand , the kids can't see the game and to young to stand for what would be a minimum of nearly two hours - what do you do then ?

It does my head in at away games when all our support sit down and sing nothing. You might as well watch the games at Sky or on the Championship on a Sunday morning if thats all you go for. These people add no atmosphere towards the game and just seem to make our numbers look impressive. The lads need all the support they can get when away from home.

Not that I'm condoning hoolignism, but when it gets a bit heated in the stands or there is trouble it is a common fact that the atmosphere is better. Perhaps if every fan made an effort to sing there would be no need to channel passion into violence.

So people who like football, but not singing, and who fancy a day out watching their team at another ground should stay at home and watch Sky/The Championship. Only people who support the team like you away from home need attend. You sound like an immature jumped up little ###### to me.

Lets start a petition to get the supporter who beat up the 79 year old bloke in the Williams a couple of months ago reinstated from his six year ban. Because clearly the atmosphere is better with the likes of him in the ground. Absolutely f00k1ng fantastic in fact. And lets bombard Lansdown/Sextone until they cave in and introduce the "quid a thug" incentive. Anyone who can provide evidence of their lifetime ban from Ashton Gate gets in for only a quid and is given a plastic bottle to p1$$ in and lob at the opposition fans and a free embossed Bristol City kitchen knife so that they can stab some innocent f00ker outside afterwards.

Who the hell are you to tell people who don't wanna stand up all game to move? Why should they? Seats are there to be sat on. Some people had a ###### long trip to get there and were probably ###### tired!

so the manchester united fans have further to travel than we do they have to go to portsmouth ffs they all still manage to stand at a game. why sit at the back if you want to sing every fan with common sense knows the back rows are were people stand :10_1_108:

I fully understand not every 1 can stand but if the vast majority did and let the older people and people with children sit at the front. I'm going on saturday with 5 other mates and it would be quality if the whole lower or upper tier or the vast majority of it was stood.

Quite a few clubs seem to always stand i mean look at all the clubs that come to the gate i cant remeber the last club that brang 2,000 + and sat i have a season ticket in the east end and the west brom game comes to mind i looked over at their fans and every single 1 was stoood young old etc almost like it was a regular thing they did at away games people might think what is the big deal with standing but the east end wuld not be the same if every 1 sat, maybe we culd see every 1 standing and singing on saturday :chant6ez:

What the hell? Was I the only one that thought our vocal support was impressive yesterday? 2800 fans, plenty of singing in the pubs before the game and consistant noise and support throughout the match. Palace's first and second goals, as well as the final whistle were instantly greeted with chants from our fans attempting to lift the players.

I was expecting to read a thread praising our support yesterday, instead I see this. I'm gobsmacked to be honest...

No you're not the only one. I said to my mate during the game that this was the loudest atmosphere (from both home and away fans) that I'd heard for quite a while. And I go to a lot of away games.

It's often the case that when we take large away followings our support is quieter than when we take just a few hundred but, sat as I was, more or less dead centre of our stand yesterday, there were thousands singing and it was at times deafening. Contrast with the similar number that went to West Brom but made hardly any discernable noise.

Guest red ken 2

Bit like the part timers at home games, sit in silence. There was even a bloke with a young lad last week against Colchester Utd with a kids teddy bear under his arm for the lad. God help us if thats our future supporters.

Archived