IGNORED

View Of Our Support From The Home End

KnowleUtd City

I managed to blag into a corporate box for the day yesterday so it was interesting to see what our away support was like from the home end, obviously impressive numbers but apart from before kick off and the very start of the game Palace were far louder, you could here their lads louder down in the far corner than Citys end and they were all stood all game by the looks of it, I can't understand why the vast majority of our away support sits all game, what a joke, make's me laugh people on this board slagging our hollies, at least they add a bit of spice to our support, without them we would have without question one of the worst supports in the country. I guess they are the people that sit there in silence all game.

I managed to blag into a corporate box for the day yesterday so it was interesting to see what our away support was like from the home end, obviously impressive numbers but apart from before kick off and the very start of the game Palace were far louder, you could here their lads louder down in the far corner than Citys end and they were all stood all game by the looks of it, I can't understand why the vast majority of our away support sits all game, what a joke, make's me laugh people on this board slagging our hollies, at least they add a bit of spice to our support, without them we would have without question one of the worst supports in the country. I guess they are the people that sit there in silence all game.

Brace yourself (!) - or were you fishing for a very looooooonnnngggggg thread!!

I've already said this on the hoolie thread, without them there yesterday the away support would of been very, very sad indeed. Again not condoning their actions (and by what I saw) they did seem to be more passionate about the football, they were the ones that were singing their hearts out for most of the game......the other 2600 sado's who went there and didn't utter a word all afternoon, were in-fact, and in my opinion were just slightly less disgraceful.

To experience the atmosphere properly, you needed to be in the away end. It was a good old fashioned away day. Singing in the pubs, banter with the Palace fans, a traditional ground and and it of passion. Loads of people around me were singing and we were well away from the group in the top corner.

I must have been at a different game......... :whistle2:

I didnt realise there was a Brislington in South London?

Sarcasm aside, I cant really agree with you on this one. Of course it would sound louder if you were with the home supporters, it is simply to do with your position and the fact you were surrounded by 15,000 CP fans compared to the 2,500 City. If you were in a box at the back of where I was stood I don't think you would have said this.

I thought that our VOCAL support was good throughout the game. As for standing.........why is this such a big issue? People who stand are at the back. People who want to sit go to the front. Lets remember that not all people will be able to see if everyone stood all the time.

Worst support in the country? Perhaps thats because some of our supporters decide to sit in corporate boxes at away games. Just a thought.

Sarcasm aside, I cant really agree with you on this one. Of course it would sound louder if you were with the home supporters, it is simply to do with your position and the fact you were surrounded by 15,000 CP fans compared to the 2,500 City. If you were in a box at the back of where I was stood I don't think you would have said this.

I thought that our VOCAL support was good throughout the game. As for standing.........why is this such a big issue? People who stand are at the back. People who want to sit go to the front. Lets remember that not all people will be able to see if everyone stood all the time.

Worst support in the country? Perhaps thats because some of our supporters decide to sit in corporate boxes at away games. Just a thought.

but pretty much every other club in the country stands away from home. so why don't we instead of sitting down when people moan just stand and tell them to stand or move

the Palace fans behind the far goal from me (further away than the City end) were louder than the City end and seemed to be stood for large parts of the game, you couldnt hardly hear anything from City and the vast majority were sat all game, I wish it wasn't the case mate but I'm just telling it how it was, The palace fans in the box commented how quite our fans were for how many we had there.

ps - It was my first and last time in a box, awful way to watch football.

but pretty much every other club in the country stands away from home. so why don't we instead of sitting down when people moan just stand and tell them to stand or move

I think most clubs adopt the same policy as us. Standers at the back, and people who want to sit at the front.

I'm actually a stander and would stand throughout all the game, every game (home and away) if I could. The fact of the matter is that everyone doesnt want to stand or cant for 90 mins. I'm also 6ft 4 and I could understand how it would be a bit annoying if I stood in front of someone for 90 mins. And to think, people moan about pillars being in the way.

Sadly, most football grounds are all-seaters, and unless this ruling changes and all the seats are ripped out....people will continue to sit.

Just to add another point........Palace fans on there forum are saying considering it was the biggest away support so far this season, it was also one of the quietest!!

These "are fans are louder than yours" comments are a bit silly really. if we really want to know, we should ask the players, coaches etc etc and not the 2 sets of fans - Of course it'll sound louder depending on where you are sat in the ground.

Even Man Utd's fans have an all standing policy, everyone of their fans stands at ALL away games, they are also probably the loudest away support in the country. Makes me cringe when 85% of our lot are sat in silence asleep.

Not according to a Reading supporter I know.....oh....and Alex ferguson, Roy Keane etc etc

These "are fans are louder than yours" comments are a bit silly really. if we really want to know, we should ask the players, coaches etc etc and not the 2 sets of fans - Of course it'll sound louder depending on where you are sat in the ground.

The Palace fans should know, they go there every other week!........just a thought.

I would like to bring standing back, but lets remember some supports (majority) wont stand upall game cos at end of the day your meant to sit down

Not according to a Reading supporter I know.....oh....and Alex ferguson, Roy Keane etc etc

Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane have commented on their HOME support chap, next time they are on TV away from home you will see that i'm right son.

If you think that our support is good then thats your opinion which you are entitled to, I cant help be dissappointed by it.

Alex Ferguson and Roy Keane have commented on their HOME support chap, next time they are on TV away from home you will see that i'm right son.

If you think that our support is good then thats your opinion which you are entitled to, I cant help be dissappointed by it.

Don't watch Man Ure whether they are home or away, and they may well all stand, but I don't think there away support is as good as you think, Vocally wise that is. How many times can they sing UNITED...UNITED over and over again because that is the only song they know. Partly because 75% of their support is not even from Manchester and probably only go to their games 1 or 2 times a season.

I've been going to City away games going right back to 1988/89 season, and one thing is that we have never had bad support. yes, times have changed and we get different types of fans going now, but if you think our support is worse than teams like colchester etc then youve got a screw loose.

For the amount of noise that say 1000+ fans can make in our East End. I cannot recall coming away from AG thinking, God that away support was good.

man utd stand all away games everyone of them, as do newcastle even the whole 6000 they took to blackburn, spurs all stand the 5000 they took to arsenal stood all match. how many clubs have we seen come to our ground and stand? so imo theres no excuse just STAND

Villa do it aswell, they all stand, At charlton, liverpool and Highbury when been in the away end with them they stood all game. The stewards didnt even bother to try to sit them down. If everyone stands then stewards don't even attempt to sit them down or they start and soon stop if everyone stays standing.

I woulden't mind singing a long in "Drink up thy cider" and other possitive songs cheering City on.

More than 90 percent of the so called hooligans are good guys once you get to know them.

If they openly can have the guts to take distance from violence many fans will join them in singing.

Don't watch Man Ure whether they are home or away, and they may well all stand, but I don't think there away support is as good as you think, Vocally wise that is. How many times can they sing UNITED...UNITED over and over again because that is the only song they know. Partly because 75% of their support is not even from Manchester and probably only go to their games 1 or 2 times a season.

I've been going to City away games going right back to 1988/89 season, and one thing is that we have never had bad support. yes, times have changed and we get different types of fans going now, but if you think our support is worse than teams like colchester etc then youve got a screw loose.

For the amount of noise that say 1000+ fans can make in our East End. I cannot recall coming away from AG thinking, God that away support was good.

To say United only have one song is hillarious, i really don't like man utd but their away support is head and shoulders above any other club in the country both in numbers and noise. The amount of different songs they have is superb nearly every player has an individual song (not 2 or 3 people shouting whats that coming over the hill is it showunmi which is awful) and a lot of them are very clever, the one for Park Ji Sung springs to mind.

Anyhow, enough about Man United, its about time our support united and really get behind the lads both home and away, a few new catchy songs wouldnt go a miss either although I'm no John Lennon.

I've already said this on the hoolie thread, without them there yesterday the away support would of been very, very sad indeed. Again not condoning their actions (and by what I saw) they did seem to be more passionate about the football, they were the ones that were singing their hearts out for most of the game......the other 2600 sado's who went there and didn't utter a word all afternoon, were in-fact, and in my opinion were just slightly less disgraceful.

spot on too.

myself i got a hell of a sore throat today :innocent06:

can't wait for QPR now <_<

prawn sandwich anyone? :yawn:

Hi, this is my first post on here ive been going to watch city home and away for quite some time know and have noticed that city fans seem to have some sort of problem with standing at away games.

My dad is a big villa fan and every away game we have gone to where villa have taken 2,000 + every villa fan old young holligan or not stands up and it automatically creates a better atmosphere.

Yesterday was a prime example fantastic numbers but just 200 or so willing to stand, I'm going to QPR this week and it would be brilliant if the 2.500 we are going to take would stand as the atmopshere would be immense however i doubht this will happen as unfortunately we seem to have this core support at city that just want to seat and keep their mouths shut, if other clubs can do it why cant we?

Our fans have never impressed me home or away, well maybe on the odd occasion when its a big game etc but it is rare. I've been to plenty of neutral games where the atmosphere has been much better than at the gate. Places like Portugal, Turkey and Germany have so much more passionate fans and that makes the whole match experience something else. In this country it seems that most teams have only about 20% - 30% of fans willing to try and create a decent atmosphere. Its seems fans here are happy to sit in silence and watch a game, they treat it as if they were at home in the front room! The games involving City that stand out for me atmosphere wise is Rotherham at home last year (3-1) and that Hartlepool play-off game (2-1). There has been a few others but nothing to be proud of in my opinion. Its not just at home, most away games are just as bad, especially other home fans. Before I went to Cardiff I was expecting something special but its not impressive, just both sets of 'firms' trying to out do each other, I've been there 3 times and its always the same. I cant say i've been anywhere in Britain where all the fans sing together and create an amazing atmosphere, although i was impressed with Portsmouth and Aston Villa when I went there but its not on the same scale as games in Europe or South America. I think it mainly boils down to ticket prices, alot of fans are being priced out of footy and its a shame because i'm sure 1000s more fans of clubs would love to go but cant and thats a major shame, but thats English football today, all about the money! :englandsmile4wf:

Nothing post really, everyone has different opinions i sat yesterday but stood up when i needed too, and don't tell me that i sat there and didnt sing , sat there and stood and shouted my f--king head off as did other people around me , generally thought that support was as good as it was going to be ,as for the chap in the box saying he could here them loud and clear i was sat very close to them and take it from me there werent that loud at all , think its just a dig at our own fans as usual, some of the people on this forum are starting to piss me off , city hoolies , lee johnsons crap , trundles too fat , drop basso , our support is to quiet , the dolman stand early leavers why do some of you even bother supporting city , rant over CITY TILL I DIE see u at qpr supporting my team whether it be standing , sitting or standing on my head ill support the team wotever

True techniaclly fans arnt allowed to stand but if you have 2,000+ plus standing what can stewards do?

If there is a big enuff group of standers at QPR on saturday then I'm sure others will follow, some people may find this post a bit pointless but if u have stood with 3,000+ villa fans at st andrews in the brummy derby then you will understand were I'm cumming from and the most annoying things is this could be achived quit easily on saturday if every 1 culd be assed to get behind the team and stand and sing. Watching the highlights this morning and eeing 2,800 odd city fans sat bar 300 is really dissapointing culd any thing be done about this or is it just pointless saying anything???

Archived