IGNORED

George Burley

gaz897

Can't see him leaving to be honest. I could maybe understand if it was QPR looking for a new manager with them being the richest club in England down to their owners combined wealth or one of if you remove that Mital(?) guy. But Soutampton are having to, and have this summer, to sell their best players. As far as I know we are not in any need to sell any players, our finances are good not the richest but nonetheless comparing us to Southampton I think we are in a much better position.

The only positives that Southampton have is the stadium and the youth facilities being very good. They have produced a lot of good talent and maybe that would be a draw, and if they gained a good financial backing, eg. West Ham or QPR type, then they would actually be a very good team with a lot of potential. But right now they are a team struggling to keep up with debt, they;ve sold off some of their best players and will likely have to do it again this month and in teh summer to survive.

Plus I suppose the fact of our position and the possibility of us getting promoted would only strengthen the case that we are the better club for Johnson to take forwards. For me not a chance, but then it would depend on whether there is a takeover going to happen at Southampton in the near future...but for me not a chance and if he goes he would be making a huge mistake.

It's that sort of comment that makes me wonder if GJ would walk away from us.

Lets just recap:

We moan about his son

With good reason alot of times

We moan he can't sign a striker

With good obvious reason

We moan about the strikers he signs

With good blatent reason

don't get me wrong loving whats hes done and where we are but.

We are not allowed to point out obvious areas of improvement? We should shut up and arse lick and be merry?

Archived