IGNORED

George Burley

gaz897

With the imminent departure of Burley to Scotland, Saints are on the look out for a new manager. Saints websites are heavily touting GJ and aparantly has been seen down there. I for 1 cant see why he'd want to go there with the money situations they have. Anyone?

Could be something in it, then the idiots constantly slagging his son off would have got their way.

Do they think this is not going to hurt GJ.

I know that if i went to work every day and my child was being slated even though the company was excelling, and my child was an integral part of that success, i would not be there long.

With the imminent departure of Burley to Scotland, Saints are on the look out for a new manager. Saints websites are heavily touting GJ and aparantly has been seen down there. I for 1 cant see why he'd want to go there with the money situations they have. Anyone?

And you believe he has been down there? :rolleyes:

There's nothing there to attract him over staying here.

They won't offer him more money than SL can. They have no more potential than we do. Their squad is worse. They have big debt problems.

Why would he leave?

No chance, Saints fans may want him but they won't get him.

There's nothing there to attract him over staying here.

They won't offer him more money than SL can. They have no more potential than we do. Their squad is worse. They have big debt problems.

Why would he leave?

No chance, Saints fans may want him but they won't get him.

Completely agree and with the postition were in and with the great squad which Johnson has now built, he'd be mad to leave for a club like southampton. Also talking to a mate whos a saints fan he reckons most people are touting Billy Davies to be the next manager and have hardly mentioned our garry.

Guest red ken 2

I expect G.J. has been seen at St Mary's, it's part of a manager's job to travel around watching opposing teams/players.

No chance end off

Lad who works for me is a Saints fan and you're dead right about them being skint.

Things are really not that good down that way at the moment, they are a prime example of what can happen if you rely on parachute payments and predict a return to the Premiership within the parachute timeframe.

The issues about Burley are all around cash. He's been given ###### all to spend, had to sell players of the quality of Bale (which is what you need to get back into the Premiership) and apparently all the cash has gone into the financing of the debt of St Mary's.

Whilst not having really watched them, he said they've replaced Bale with what he called your typical left back who just pumps it long diagonally and the standard of football is getting worse with each season.

He always looks quite dejected after he's finished going on about life down there at the moment, I helpfully remind him that the south coast may have European football next season under Pompey. You know, just to help.....

All this crap about Saints though makes me a little nervous as GJ has shown he always goes to clubs with potential but in the mire - thats exactly what Saints are at the moment.

Lad who works for me is a Saints fan and you're dead right about them being skint.

Things are really not that good down that way at the moment, they are a prime example of what can happen if you rely on parachute payments and predict a return to the Premiership within the parachute timeframe.

The issues about Burley are all around cash. He's been given ###### all to spend, had to sell players of the quality of Bale (which is what you need to get back into the Premiership) and apparently all the cash has gone into the financing of the debt of St Mary's.

Whilst not having really watched them, he said they've replaced Bale with what he called your typical left back who just pumps it long diagonally and the standard of football is getting worse with each season.

He always looks quite dejected after he's finished going on about life down there at the moment, I helpfully remind him that the south coast may have European football next season under Pompey. You know, just to help.....

All this crap about Saints though makes me a little nervous as GJ has shown he always goes to clubs with potential but in the mire - thats exactly what Saints are at the moment.

TBH i don't think the saints job would tempt GJ away from his beloved role of manager of us, the mighty reds.

We are challenging in 3rd, good position, safe financially and also we have a chairman who is ALWAYS willing to back his managers.

Can you see him leaving all that for a debt ridden saints, underachieving team?

I've heard he's not going to join until he has assed the team and will go down to st marys and watch them on the 5th of april.... :whistle2:

I was told by someone claiming to be in the know that Southampton was one of the few clubs, if not the only club apart from City, GJ would have been tempted by when he was still at Yeovil. That may have been the case then, but I imagine things have changed now.

Okay, they've already got the new stadium and the fan base is a bit bigger at the moment.

I would be more concerned if a Prem club came along, but they seldom seem to look at Championship level for players or managers.

Perhaps we should not be too complacent though and a few renditions of 'Johnson wonderland' might not go amiss on Saturday. Oh, and not too many early leavers dare I say. :noexpression:

I was told by someone claiming to be in the know that Southampton was one of the few clubs, if not the only club apart from City, GJ would have been tempted by when he was still at Yeovil. That may have been the case then, but I imagine things have changed now.

Okay, they've already got the new stadium and the fan base is a bit bigger at the moment.

I would be more concerned if a Prem club came along, but they seldom seem to look at Championship level for players or managers.

Perhaps we should not be too complacent though and a few renditions of 'Johnson wonderland' might not go amiss on Saturday. Oh, and not to many early leavers dare I say. :noexpression:

I'm not sure I have the energy for an early leavers or Lee Johnson debate.....

Perhaps we should not be too complacent though and a few renditions of 'Johnson wonderland' might not go amiss on Saturday. Oh, and not too many early leavers dare I say. :noexpression:

I don't think he ever came out and said that, but what he did say was that he wanted to keep his family in the South West, so I would imagine the Saints role WOULD have interested him at one time.......Id be very surprised if it did now though

Completely agree and with the postition were in and with the great squad which Johnson has now built, he'd be mad to leave for a club like southampton. Also talking to a mate whos a saints fan he reckons most people are touting Billy Davies to be the next manager and have hardly mentioned our garry.

Great squad????

You were at Palace then?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :fastasleep:

Every time there is managerial vacancy or as in this case a possible one.. :noexpression:

Great squad????

You were at Palace then?

I knew somone would pick up on that, in my opinion we have a great squad, a rubbish one wouldnt get us to this position would it? Granted we have a few areas which need improvement particularly in the striking and defence departments but i feel with these additions we can go from having a great squad to having a fantastic squad.

Great squad????

You were at Palace then?

It's that sort of comment that makes me wonder if GJ would walk away from us.

Lets just recap:

We moan about his son

We moan he can't sign a striker

We moan about the strikers he signs

He moans about attendances

He probably wasn't impressed with our holigans on Saturday

Southampton have a bigger fan base

Southampton have a new owner coming in with money to burn

Southampton have a state of the art stadium & training facilities

Southampton have a academy producing players of premiership quality

If I was GJ I'd be half tempted to go, the guy has done wonders here and we're still the most miserable bunch of unappreciating gits you'll ever find.

I knew somone would pick up on that, in my opinion we have a great squad, a rubbish one wouldnt get us to this position would it? Granted we have a few areas which need improvement particularly in the striking and defence departments but i feel with these additions we can go from having a great squad to having a fantastic squad.

We are where we are not because we have a 'great squad', but because we have one of the fittest squads, best medical teams, best team spirits, best workrates and attitudes in this league, and for that I am truly proud and that is why we are where we are.

A great squad can be levelled at a team that finishes well, because that is when you need your squad. Unless we strenthen, I don't think we will finish in the p.offs... To lose Carey and then be weak in deffence surely proves we diont have a 'great squad'....we have a strong 1st team when everybody's fit.

If we don't get anyone in to bolster, this 'great squad' will finish outside the playoffs and everyone will then agree that it isnt a 'great squad', which is what I'm saying....we don't have a great squad'.

(Look at Colchester, they were like us last season and dropped, because they didnt have a 'great squad')

Guest ashtonyate
It's that sort of comment that makes me wonder if GJ would walk away from us.

Lets just recap:

We moan about his son

We moan he can't sign a striker

We moan about the strikers he signs

He moans about attendances

He probably wasn't impressed with our holigans on Saturday

Southampton have a bigger fan base

Southampton have a new owner coming in with money to burn

Southampton have a state of the art stadium & training facilities

Southampton have a academy producing players of premiership quality

If I was GJ I'd be half tempted to go, the guy has done wonders here and we're still the most miserable bunch of unappreciating gits you'll ever find.

At the end of the day the only thing that will make him decide is if it a better job than he has, most of the above would be said or done at most clubs.

If Johnson went it would be sad but life would go on and now we have the fixation of not playing academy players just to show its paying it way the club still would be in a stronger position than it has been for years.

As long as Lansdown got a good manager in instead of a cheap one we would be OK

Ps tom are you knocking our Academy tut tut

Ps tom are you knocking our Academy tut tut

No I'm saying they have a better one, based on the fact that they've recently been in the premiership and could attract better youngsters.

Imagine if GJ got us to the promised land... we might just produce a crop as tallented.

Archived