IGNORED

Enoch Says No To Leeds

brizzlered1

I fear Enoch may regret this, The fact that City accepted this bid (which came out of the blue) and so quickly seems to suggest that he has become surplus to requirements and we all know what that usually means, GJ could freeze him out a la Stewart, Keogh, GJ's comment 'i'm surprised he's still here' says it all to me.

And for what it's worth my feelings are NICE guy, gives 100%, but for such a tall muscular guy is to NICE and his jumping and heading ability is poor, I think he may have made a mistake (which of course he is entitled to do).

Agent influence again?.

The question I would like to ask all of the fans who are glad he has stayed, what if his non departure scuppers the signing of Riordian, so happy then?.

Agree with that.

I wonder if this is "fighting for his place" is merely the prelude to a bosman move. Of course he's a nice bloke and he's entitled to do that, but I don't think he's going to realistically get an offer at this level and they don't come better than L**ds at the level below. As you say he may well regret that decision but since he's staying I hope that when he gets on the pitch the right player turns up because to me he seems to either be on fire or completely uncommitted.

I doubt that Enoch staying will scupper a signing because the fee would have been nominal and the wages aren't much compared to what a signing will cost, but it can't help either.

Guest ashtonyate
Agree with that.

I wonder if this is "fighting for his place" is merely the prelude to a bosman move. Of course he's a nice bloke and he's entitled to do that, but I don't think he's going to realistically get an offer at this level and they don't come better than L**ds at the level below. As you say he may well regret that decision but since he's staying I hope that when he gets on the pitch the right player turns up because to me he seems to either be on fire or completely uncommitted.

I doubt that Enoch staying will scupper a signing because the fee would have been nominal and the wages aren't much compared to what a signing will cost, but it can't help either.

you got it in one he will make a killing in the summer with a big signing on fee fair play to him

In front of the Atyeo before kick off on Saturday... My mate spoke too soon.

Sent at 9:21 AM on Thursday

chubba's mate: Bristol City hope to complete the £750,000 signing of Celtic striker Derek Riordan in the next 24 hours.

chubba: Nice!

thought with Enoch going something was afoot

chubba's mate: Enoch has gone mind

no worries imo - he's just not scoring enough - hoep we've found what we need

chubba: has enoch gone - on official site it just says "LEEDS INTEREST IN ENOCH" I know this is as good as gone but nothing signed yet by looks of it, hence me saying "going" rather than gone

chubba's mate: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7205523.stm

chubba: "set to seal" not "have just signed"

i will now exit pedant mode

like you said, quite happy to see him go mate

chubba's mate: if he doesn't go i'll suck your c**k mate

chubba: fingers crossed he will sign very shortly :D

that has put me right off me toast

chubba's mate: sorry mate

chubba: :laugh:

all cool mate

chubba's mate: that will learn you for waiting till 11 to eat your breakfast

chubba: i'm not even having any toast

i have just got up mind, hence being a bit argumentative, coffee not kicked in yet

chubba's mate: confused mode

chubba: was working until gone 3 this morning

Sent at 11:07 AM on Thursday

chubba's mate: Excited?

chubba: about what?

chubba's mate: Someone here with an insiode source has said that Enoch has sais no to Leeds and wants to stay and fight for his place

do you want me to spit or swallow?

chubba: :o

forgot about that!

face or tits mate?

chubba's mate: ha ha!

chubba: i am going to ask for you to do it at the bottom of the atyeo on staurday too

i will be eating a chicken balti pie during the event

chubba's mate: I'm speachless

you actually have a sicker mind than me

chubba: :laugh:

i am going to be saving this chat for proof mind

chubba's mate: I'm not cupping...

Guest ashtonyate
Good to see him stay, we are short on options up front as it is, so losing him would be a disaster, great player on his day. Lets hope he hits a purple patch of goals starting from Saturday.

johnson must have players coming in to let enock go

Up to him, Hard to say whether its loyalty and he genuinely does want to fight for his place or whether he feels he will be better off financially waiting for 6 months before he leaves on a free and he will be in a position to demand a considerably larger signing on fee with somebody else.

Not really bothered either way but obviously that puts a little bit of doubt on whether a striker will be coming in or not.

BINGO - nail and head for sure on the later part of the reasons, the big fella has one of the greedyist advisers in the game (remember the Luton issues) and will realise that if he waits a while on our books there will be more money for them. Hard to argue with it as we would all probably do the same (if we had no particular loyalty to a club).

Its got nothing to do with City though, trust me on that one.

Fair play to him. Anyone who dosent think this is great news need there head read!

The fact is he isn't good enough, tries hard, when he turns up, but this level is too high for him. For a bloke who is 6'5'' he cant jump, cant score, and is a liability defending, if just running around is good enough then we may as well have kept Big Bad Baz. Gary must feel he is expendable or he would have turned Leeds aproach down. My feeling is that Enoch is in the comfort zone and thats where he is staying. IF and it is a big IF, we sign another striker it will be interesting to see how many more games Enoch plays for us. There is no room for sentiment in football and we have to move on to better players just to keep up, as nice a bloke as Enoch is, he should have moved and secured a good contract because, sure as hell, he wont be getting another one here and that's reality.

The fact is he isn't good enough, tries hard, when he turns up, but this level is too high for him. For a bloke who is 6'5'' he cant jump, cant score, and is a liability defending, if just running around is good enough then we may as well have kept Big Bad Baz. Gary must feel he is expendable or he would have turned Leeds aproach down. My feeling is that Enoch is in the comfort zone and thats where he is staying. IF and it is a big IF, we sign another striker it will be interesting to see how many more games Enoch plays for us. There is no room for sentiment in football and we have to move on to better players just to keep up, as nice a bloke as Enoch is, he should have moved and secured a good contract because, sure as hell, he wont be getting another one here and that's reality.

Maybe Enoch just didn't fancy being at Leeds and their offer wasn't what he wanted, knowing full well he'll have a lot more options in the summer. I don't believe he's in the comfort zone.

Maybe Enoch just didn't fancy being at Leeds and their offer wasn't what he wanted, knowing full well he'll have a lot more options in the summer. I don't believe he's in the comfort zone.

He never spoke to them so how would he know what the offer was? is it all about money first or bettering yourself as a footballer, then the two would go together, whether we like it or not Leeds are a huge club, on the up, and opportunities like that don't come along very often. Comfort zone? definately.

First of all, cant score?? He has great composure in front of goal, and although he's only scored 3 this season, he has played well at times. But how can a striker get in to form when he's in and out the side? He scored 2 against barnsley and was out of the side 2 games later!! He has scored the same amount as trundle (i think) but has played alot less. I personally think enoch is by far good enough for this division, and all he needs is confidence and a run of games would do that....

He never spoke to them so how would he know what the offer was? is it all about money first or bettering yourself as a footballer, then the two would go together, whether we like it or not Leeds are a huge club, on the up, and opportunities like that don't come along very often. Comfort zone? definately.

Definitely in the comfort zone, considering he's out of work in the summer.

Enoch has decided to stay ay City and fight for his place!

I find that rather surprising as Leeds are or rather were a 'big Club' and he's out of contract. Clearly GJ whilst being his usual diplomatic self was in favour of him moving on as he said something along the lines of 'It would be a good move for Enoch but the balls in his court'.

With the tight financial position I reckon it would be easier if Enoch moved on.

He clearly isn't up to Championship level and will probably end up back in Div one come the end of the season so I am bemused by his decision.

I agree 100% with this posting. Enoch just isn't up to Championship level and Johnno clearly saw this at Palace. I was at this game and was tearing my hair out when once in the first half the ball was knocked up to him and it came bouncing back off his knee. Playing one up front demands an intelligent, quick and agile forward with all attributes. Sadly Enoch (although he tries) will never have those attributes. For a big man he's not even that good in the air.

I agree 100% with this posting. Enoch just isn't up to Championship level and Johnno clearly saw this at Palace. I was at this game and was tearing my hair out when once in the first half the ball was knocked up to him and it came bouncing back off his knee. Playing one up front demands an intelligent, quick and agile forward with all attributes. Sadly Enoch (although he tries) will never have those attributes. For a big man he's not even that good in the air.

and yet against Watford he was outstanding especially playing against one of the best defenders in the league in danny shittu.

GJ sure is cryptic about these things isn't he. He seems to be saying that Enoch staying wouldn't mean no chance of a new striker, who may or may not exist. Interestingly he also says that Ribeiro's name has not been circulated for loan, as he is "too close to the first team". With our defence looking shaky in recent weeks does GJ feel he might be an option?

Interesting quote and action.

Maybe GJ is now seriously considering playing Ribeiro. Only time will tell.

Archived