IGNORED

And As If By Magic , The Shopkeeper Appeared .

double-trouble

What about - Captain Caveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man

Follyfoot and How ( which when one of the presenters said the word and put one palm up , there was a background HOW as if said by an Indian from the wild wast ).

Fingerbobs

Pogalswood

Screen Test

Vision On

Take Hart

Stig of the Dump

Think one of the presenters in HOW was Fred Dinage who was presenting the news in the south of the west for years . Not sure if he's still doing it ?

Robinson Crusoe, what was your fav programme and the memories you hold ??

I believe that version of Robinson Crusoe was made in French dubbed to English. The last episode actually depicts Bristolian pirate sailors rescuing the real life Robinson Crusoe - Alexander Selkirk. Woodes Rogers was the Captain and William Dampier was the pilot of the rescuing ship 'The Duke'.

Alexander_Selkirk_Title_Page.jpg

Fingerbobs

Pogalswood

Screen Test

Vision On

Take Hart

Stig of the Dump

Think one of the presenters in HOW was Fred Dinage

Anyone remember the names of his fellow presenters? I can picture a chubby woman with a posh first name and an older bloke with white hair and glasses, possibly a beard.

No looking it up, mind. :innocent06:

Tony Hart continued presenting Vision On ( remember The Gallery?) into the early nineties and my own children's early childhood, so I watched it all over again.

Anyone remember the names of his fellow presenters? I can picture a chubby woman with a posh first name and an older bloke with white hair and glasses, possibly a beard.

Tony Hart continued presenting Vision On ( remember The Gallery?) into the early nineties and my own children's early childhood, so I watched it all over again.

Not forgetting Morph Noggers :innocent06:

Mr Nogbad

I HAD BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER THE NAMES SINCE POSTING THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE . YOU ARE RIGHT THEIR WAS A LADY ON THE PROGRAMME AND i THINK THERE WERE 4 PRESENTERS IN TOTAL .

CAN ONLY COME UP WITH JACK HARGREAVES AS A POSSIBILITY DOES THAT RING A BELL AS THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE THE NAME IS GROWING ON ME . HE IS / WAS AS YOU DESCRIBE ?

I CAN ALSO PICTURE THE OTHER MALE PRESENTER ( POSSIBLY JOHN ( ? ) WITH DARK BLACK HAIR AND ABOUT 40 ISH .

WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS PROGRAMME - RAINBOW

GEOFFREY , BUNGLE , GEORGE AND ZIPPY .

MY NAMES ZIPPY AND I KNOW BLOODY EVERYTHING , IN THAT SILLY VOICE .

Mr Nogbad

I HAD BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER THE NAMES SINCE POSTING THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE . YOU ARE RIGHT THEIR WAS A LADY ON THE PROGRAMME AND i THINK THERE WERE 4 PRESENTERS IN TOTAL .

CAN ONLY COME UP WITH JACK HARGREAVES AS A POSSIBILITY DOES THAT RING A BELL AS THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE THE NAME IS GROWING ON ME . HE IS / WAS AS YOU DESCRIBE ?

I CAN ALSO PICTURE THE OTHER MALE PRESENTER ( POSSIBLY JOHN ( ? ) WITH DARK BLACK HAIR AND ABOUT 40 ISH .

WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS PROGRAMME - RAINBOW

GEOFFREY , BUNGLE , GEORGE AND ZIPPY .

MY NAMES ZIPPY AND I KNOW BLOODY EVERYTHING , IN THAT SILLY VOICE .

Well done dt, Jack Hargreaves it definitely was. :winner_third_h4h:

I'd forgotten about the 4th one but can picture him now. Well groomed and you're right about his age, probably mid 40's. Pretty sure i'd never get his name though, maybe You tube is the answer.

Anyone remember George of the Jungle?

The Singing Ringing Tree?

What about some of the 'grown ups' programmes of the time that we used to watch with our parents because there was nothing else to do.

Remember The Brothers, Manhunt, Softly Softly, Doomwatch, The Pallisers, Poldark?

One i particularly remember, because it was a bit 'naughty' so a must for a young teenager was Bouquet of Barbed Wire with Frank Finlay and Susan Penhaligon.

What about Bewitched with (I think it was ) Elizabeth Montgomery and her twitchy nose? :dunno:

Rainbow was another one still on in the early '90's so watched it again with my children.

My favourite theme tunes from 1960's / 1970's school holiday TV.........

1) Robinson Crusoe......

Full version, absolutely brilliant.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxiqOPnW84...feature=related

2) White horses, Cromwell always prefered white horses !!!.....

3) Flashing Blade. French, but from the Oliver Cromwell period........

4) A Noggin the Nog clip - quite a few Goblins in it as well !!!!....

Sure there was a female presenter of How called Bunty. Jack Hargreaves also did a Country File style programme, usually featuring shire horses. Didn't the other presenter usually focus on electrical experiments?

Bagpuss was great - Professor Yaffel the carved woodpecker book end, Madelaine the rag doll, Gabriel the toad and the mice with their marvellous mechanical mouse organ.

Crystal Tipps and Alistair - weird badly animated programme.

Sure there was a female presenter of How called Bunty. Jack Hargreaves also did a Country File style programme, usually featuring shire horses. Didn't the other presenter usually focus on electrical experiments?

Bagpuss was great - Professor Yaffel the carved woodpecker book end, Madelaine the rag doll, Gabriel the toad and the mice with their marvellous mechanical mouse organ.

Crystal Tipps and Alistair - weird badly animated programme.

Ol' Jack inspired this character... remember Bob Fleming? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmd3faqceuA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSIwevuF1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0R8kLDjiU

Good old Jack Hargreaves eh?... who'd have thought he'd end up spawning a comedy character classic on The Fast Show?

heres a clip from ' Out Of Town ' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twy2Qa1HPXA Cheers Jack!

Ol' Jack inspired this character... remember Bob Fleming? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmd3faqceuA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCSIwevuF1c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0R8kLDjiU

Good old Jack Hargreaves eh?... who'd have thought he'd end up spawning a comedy character classic on The Fast Show?

heres a clip from ' Out Of Town ' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twy2Qa1HPXA Cheers Jack!

A few more given to me at my workplace this morning -

Why Don't You ( possibly made at Whiteladies Rd ) ??

Metal Mickey

Just William

Hectors House

Just William

U.F.O

Protectoers

Waltons

Tickle on the Tum

Willo of the Wisp

and what about - Micheal Bentines Potty Time

A few more given to me at my workplace this morning -

Why Don't You ( possibly made at Whiteladies Rd ) ??

Metal Mickey

Just William

Hectors House

Just William

U.F.O

Protectoers

Waltons

Tickle on the Tum

Willo of the Wisp

and what about - Micheal Bentines Potty Time

2 more - Paperplay and The Partridge Family

Timeslip-anybody remember that?

Loved Catweazle.

Saw Tinga & Tucka (with Auntie Jean) at Longleat when I was two (1967). Earliest memory.

I remember a BBC serial from about 1974, called "The Changes". Supernatural storyline about society reverting to a non-technological state. Final scenes filmed in Clearwell Caves iron mine.

I was reading about it on the net recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl-_uLWBZDY&NR=1

A few great clips in the link above featuring, Fingerbobs, Hectors House and Bod amongst others (as well as Mud and Sparks for some reason).

Had forgotten about Ludwig..... weird!

Been quiet for a few days regarding these programmes while I went into my 1970's remembering mode .

Sooty Show , Snagglepuss , Cheggars Plays Pop and what about Belle and Sebastian , the young french boy and his big white dog in a village in the Pyrenees me thinks .

Think it was one of those dubbed programmes on in the summer holidays similar to the ones I've mentioned Robinson Crusoe , White Horses and the Flashing Blade .

Been quiet for a few days regarding these programmes while I went into my 1970's remembering mode .

Sooty Show , Snagglepuss , Cheggars Plays Pop and what about Belle and Sebastian , the young french boy and his big white dog in a village in the Pyrenees me thinks .

Think it was one of those dubbed programmes on in the summer holidays similar to the ones I've mentioned Robinson Crusoe , White Horses and the Flashing Blade .

Magic Roundabout and Andy Pandy

Whats wrong with me , am I an old fuddy duddy suddenly .

When I was a kid , the summer holidays were watching the Hair Bear Bunch , black and white Zorro , Robinson Crusoe , The Flashing Blade ( where lips made different movements to the words heard ) , Puff and Stuff and the Double Deckers . Evenings were Magpie and Tomorrows People .

My personal fav and I don't mind admitting it to you cyberspace unknowns was Mr Benn .

Out to work every day with his black suit and bowler hat . Off down Festive Road where the children were playing with plastic swords or a cutless under a skull and crossbones flag on mums washing line and the shopkeeper took him into the shop to try on a outfit . He would go into the changing room and suddenly he was sailing the seven seas as Black Beard .

He would have these wonderful experiences and just as he was to find the treasure that bloody shopkeeper appeared , you know the one that looks like Reg Holdsworth .

He would always leave the shop with a memento like a treasure map or something similar to remind him . His house must be like a tip with all that tat he collected . The kids would still be playing with their swords and shields as he walked back down Festive Road .

Does anyone know why he put that suit on and if it was for work , why he did'nt get the sack for all those days off ??

Anyway with the crap , crap and more crap kids watch today , what was your fav programme and the memories you hold ??

What was the spin off from Kojak called . It was the one with Kevin Dobson his top detective Crocker .

Me thinks this is possibly the name of the series CROCKER ?

I have read every post and I cant believe NOBODY has mentioned the unbeatable Cheggers Plays Pops. One of my favourite kids shows ever. Probably the frenzy Sir Keith Chegwin always seemed to be in.

Also you had Crackerjack and the Krankies.

Saw the Krankies in a Blackpool shop a while back , think they live this way . Sure Jimmy goes to my little ones school .

Sir Keith , looks like he's over his past problems and good to see him back on the box causing mayhem .

Saw the Krankies in a Blackpool shop a while back , think they live this way . Sure Jimmy goes to my little ones school .

Sir Keith , looks like he's over his past problems and good to see him back on the box causing mayhem .

DO YOU REMEMBER THE HIGH CHAPPERAL AND BONANZA . GREAT WESTERN SERIES FOR KIDS.

Archived