IGNORED

Scott Brown On The Bench

bristolcitysweden

So they would be a feeder club a bit like R****s are a feeder club for Bristol Manor Farm?

I played for their youth team a couple of years back, it was split loyalty's inside the camp, some City, Some Rovers, we once played Rovers youth, we hadn't played as a team before because it was new players and staff, we lost 2-0, they were awful, mind you i did say that day the only player who was good enough to turn pro was Sean Rigg, seems i was proved right.

Guest MaloneFM

If Brooker plays and IF he doesn't score and IF he goes a few games not scoring does he create his own transfer out? After all they are a lower division side.

mind you i did say that day the only player who was good enough to turn pro was Sean Rigg, seems i was proved right.

One of my friends played football with Rigg back in school. They're both Man. Utd. fans.

Guest MaloneFM

So its all working out quite well isn't it? Brooker is in finally the shop window, BUPA are not getting any more cash and neither is the local Boots by flogging Ralgex and splints and hopefully we will get a few quid for him now.

So its all working out quite well isn't it? Brooker is in finally the shop window, BUPA are not getting any more cash and neither is the local Boots by flogging Ralgex and splints and hopefully we will get a few quid for him now.

You know better than me that he is a slow starter but on the day championship class.

Guest MaloneFM

And how long ago was that day?

It was when we were in the division below where we are now. Now I agree that at times he was outstanding when he last played for us in the fifties but apart from daps who would he replace?

Byfield?

And how long ago was that day?

It was when we were in the division below where we are now. Now I agree that at times he was outstanding when he last played for us in the fifties but apart from daps who would he replace?

Byfield?

We don't have any regulars so there are no one in particular to replace. Have seen enough to say he got what it takes once fit.

If Brooker plays and IF he doesn't score and IF he goes a few games not scoring does he create his own transfer out? After all they are a lower division side.

Not really because he may not get the service he needs whilst there after all we do have the better players

City Reserves 1 Carlisle 0 - Game Stats

Men of the Match Alex Russell (Cheltenham) and Joe Garner (Carlisle)

Second half

90 Header by Joe Garner (Carlisle) : the 'keeper has it covered

87 Shot by Joe Garner (Carlisle) : it goes over

86 Cheltenham freekick taken by Alex Russell

86 Foul on Damian Spencer (Cheltenham) by Danny Carlton (Carlisle), free kick awarded (real cloggers Carlisle - that is 17 fouls conceded)

86 Cheltenham freekick taken by Alex Russell

84 Cheltenham tactical substitution: Michael D Agostino replaced by Damian Spencer

80 Neither team can gain control of the match. Key player: Alex Russell (running the show)

79 Shot by Alex Russell (Cheltenham) : the 'keeper has it covered

77 Cheltenham tactical substitution: Steve Brooker replaced by Paul Connor (a good work out)

77 Shot by Steve Brooker (Cheltenham) : the 'keeper has it covered

75 Foul on Scott Brown (Cheltenham) by David Raven (Carlisle), free kick awarded David Raven (Carlisle) booked for unsporting behaviour

72 Cheltenham corner from the Right taken by Alex Russell: the defence clears

72 Shot by Steven Gillespie (Cheltenham) : the 'keeper has it covered

70 Neither team can gain control of the match. Key player: Alex Russell

67 Shot by Alex Russell (Cheltenham) : it goes over

66 Header by Joe Garner (Carlisle) : it goes over

62 Header by Joe Garner (Carlisle) : it goes over

60 Neither team can gain control of the match. Key player: Alex Russell

60 Foul on Andy Gallinagh (Cheltenham) by Joe Garner (Carlisle), free kick awarded

53 Shot by Steven Gillespie (Cheltenham) : it goes wide

52 Shot by Alex Russell (Cheltenham) : it's blocked

First half

45 Shot by Steve Brooker (Cheltenham) : it goes wide

34 Shot by Joe Garner (Carlisle) : it goes over

22 Foul on Alex Russell (Cheltenham) by David Raven (Carlisle), free kick awarded (STEADY ON RAVEN!)

20 Goal scored by Steven Gillespie (Cheltenham)

5 Foul on Marc Bridge-Wilkinson (Carlisle) by Steve Brooker (Cheltenham), free kick awarded (That'll learn him!!)

2 Foul on Steve Brooker (Cheltenham) by Marc Bridge-Wilkinson (Carlisle), free kick awarded (HEY STOP IT B-W!)

1 Foul on Peter Murphy (Carlisle) by Steve Brooker (Cheltenham), free kick awarded (Good work Brooks!!)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live_match/158871.html

I went to the match tonight to see how things were going. Russell had 2 or 3 excellent shots that should of been put away, looked handy on the ball was good defensively and going forward. Brooker lasted nearly 80 mins and looked handy was winning headers and holding the ball well, also had a couple of good shots on goal, and was defending set pieces well. Scott was the good old Scott Brown we all know and love! Was a good match and nice to see Brookers progress!

Oh and they often play friday nights because of the horse racing, as we know police can't cope with more than one event at any one time!!!

Bigger gates?

Are they doing the Tranmere thing of playing on a Friday because they have competition from two big clubs just down the road?! Obviously, us and Forest Green.

Funnily enough, I was walking home from a game a few weeks ago and got chatting to this kiddie who asked where the station was. Turns out he was a Cheltenham fan who had come down to watch us because his lot weren't playing that day! Said he wanted to watch some higher quality football! He thought it was a good match as well, which surprised me, as I thought we were sh...ocking that day. Can't remember what game it was.

Guess the whole thing of moving matches to the Friday must work, though. Perhaps Yeovil, Swindon and Rovers should move theirs to a different day, too - we might pick up some of their supporters too, when they realise how much better we are...ahem...

"76:48 Cheltenham substitution: Steve Brooker replaced by Paul Connor (tactical). "

Not settin the world on fire ...

and like our million pound man is :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

Jevons is another, top scorer last season not given a chance to prove himself and Byfield brought in to do his job from a lower league team. :disapointed2se:

Archived