IGNORED

Irate Western Daily Press In Attack On Otib

Nibor

Irate Western Daily Press hack Andy Stockhausen has launched an attack on forum-using fans of local football club Bristol City. Concerned by his own inability to develop any leads or interesting stories as the January transfer window nears its conclusion, Stockhausen believes that OTIB is to blame for people questioning his journalistic "talent" or lack thereof.

Internet chatter among City fans reached new levels this week as rumours circulated linking the Championship club with several potential transfer targets.

But Stockhausen is upset that many postings upon which he relies for a story are "wide of the mark".

He said: "Some of these websites can be quite hurtful and I hope real journalists do not read them.

"We don't know the age of these people or how experienced they are. We don't know whether they are qualified to have an opinion.

"Of course people are entitled to have an opinion and being able to nick stories from fans' forums is generally a good thing. But January brings out the worst in people, and so does August.

"It's because I want people to read what they perceive as a newspaper. We might know our newspaper is really toilet paper and we have a very good reason for thinking that.

"In the end, we have to do what is right for our declining careers and our chances of surviving until early retirement. We owe it to ourselves to plagiarise stories from the internet and tell lies."

Recent internet chatter has given rise to an extreme case of Chinese whispers within Bristol's football fraternity.

Yet a majority of postings on the various fans' forums linking City with players at other clubs has proved ill-informed and, in some instances, misleading.

Stockhausen declared: "We'll try to keep improving, because that's what we have to do.

"But forums exist to enhance the paper and we're certainly not going to write our own stories to appease people who think we should do our jobs and not rely on a website. We have to steal the right content to make people believe it's worth employing us in the future."

Stockhausen claims some of the stories are disrespectful to his paper. He explained: "We have to be very mindful of the posters who have got us where we are now.

"Journalists talk about forum posters all the time and, whenever they get something wrong, they say we need to sack one. When they do get something right, the ones posting are the best thing since sliced bread.

"I mustn't think like that and I have to make sure the journalists here still feel comfortable and realise that forums have been a big part of this paper's success and my still having a job.

"If they haven't got one right in a few weeks, it doesn't matter. The paper is still where it is at this moment in time thanks to the OTIB forum making up for my journalistic incompetence."

I like it :D I wish I knew the BEP's IP address range because I'm sure I could put in a little divert script whenever anyone from that god awful establishement got directed to somewhere else...

Irate Western Daily Press hack Andy Stockhausen has launched an attack on forum-using fans of local football club Bristol City. Concerned by his own inability to develop any leads or interesting stories as the January transfer window nears its conclusion, Stockhausen believes that OTIB is to blame for people questioning his journalistic "talent" or lack thereof.

Internet chatter among City fans reached new levels this week as rumours circulated linking the Championship club with several potential transfer targets.

But Stockhausen is upset that many postings upon which he relies for a story are "wide of the mark".

He said: "Some of these websites can be quite hurtful and I hope real journalists do not read them.

"We don't know the age of these people or how experienced they are. We don't know whether they are qualified to have an opinion.

"Of course people are entitled to have an opinion and being able to nick stories from fans' forums is generally a good thing. But January brings out the worst in people, and so does August.

"It's because I want people to read what they perceive as a newspaper. We might know our newspaper is really toilet paper and we have a very good reason for thinking that.

"In the end, we have to do what is right for our declining careers and our chances of surviving until early retirement. We owe it to ourselves to plagiarise stories from the internet and tell lies."

Recent internet chatter has given rise to an extreme case of Chinese whispers within Bristol's football fraternity.

Yet a majority of postings on the various fans' forums linking City with players at other clubs has proved ill-informed and, in some instances, misleading.

Stockhausen declared: "We'll try to keep improving, because that's what we have to do.

"But forums exist to enhance the paper and we're certainly not going to write our own stories to appease people who think we should do our jobs and not rely on a website. We have to steal the right content to make people believe it's worth employing us in the future."

Stockhausen claims some of the stories are disrespectful to his paper. He explained: "We have to be very mindful of the posters who have got us where we are now.

"Journalists talk about forum posters all the time and, whenever they get something wrong, they say we need to sack one. When they do get something right, the ones posting are the best thing since sliced bread.

"I mustn't think like that and I have to make sure the journalists here still feel comfortable and realise that forums have been a big part of this paper's success and my still having a job.

"If they haven't got one right in a few weeks, it doesn't matter. The paper is still where it is at this moment in time thanks to the OTIB forum making up for my journalistic incompetence."

:clapping:

I hope next week when he is looking for a quote from GJ about a new signing the only one he can get is just two words...

Didn't the WDP tape a swindon town player thoughts/views secretly

then put them on a local land line telephone number

so we could all hear what the player said

Then the WDP got banned from Swindons ground for a period of time

Never think we don't have ghosts in our cupboards.

Thats why I don't wanna be famous,

as I would hate to find out things from my past that I have forgotten about

Quite simply.. GJ is the best manager City have ever had. His man/team management skills are on a par with Alex Fergusen. Developing a siege mentallity, protecting his players individulally and collectively from attack - media/fans whatever - aids team spirit/loyalty.

GJ has played a masterly hand so far, having inherited an extremely sick club - no fault of tins incidently. Long may it continue.

If there's no worthy news to print then Stockhausen will fabricate a story at our and BCFC's expense........

"Andy Stockhausen Is Either An Idiot, Liar Or Fool, todays WDP"

Source: http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=96025

Guest red ken 2

Stockhausen cant see further than the end of nose, if you ever have the misfortune to meet him, his white stick will greet you first.

Damn! There was me thinking we live in a free & democratic society. :disapointed2se:

Actually, the Chambers Dictionary definition of democracy is:

government of the people by the people through their elected representatives

We don't, therefore, live in a true democracy as our Government's head of state - the Queen - is unelected and so is the toff/snob 'unelected there only by birthright' House of Lords.

Archived