IGNORED

Can We Actually Go Up? How Many Points Will We Get?

bh_red

Finally beginning to believe that we might actually be able to go up, maybe even automatically, so I've had a look a the fixtures remaining and doing a little bit of guess work, how many points we will get between now and the end of the season, and will we have enough points or whether I'm getting a bit carried away?

I've done this on the basis of no new signings coming into the club between now and the deadline and tried to be as honest as possible

51 points already, how many more will we get?

A QPR 1 point

H Sheffield Wed 3 points

A S****horpe 1 point

H Crystal Palace 1 point

A Colchester 3 points

March

H Hull City 3 points

A Charlton 0 points

A Leicester City 0 points

H Watford 3 points

H Plymouth 3 points

A Cardiff City 1 point

H Norwich City 3 points

April

A Southampton 3 points

H Wolves 0 points

A Stoke City 1 point

A Sheffield Utd 0 plints

May

H Preston 3 points

51 points already

29 more points

giving us 80 points? to me that means we will hopefully get playoff place?

views?

QPR (A) Lose

Sheff Wed (H) Win

S****horpe (A) Win

Palace (H) Win

Colchester (A) Draw

Hull City (H) Win

Charlton (A) Lose

Leicester (A) Win

Watford (H) Draw

Plymouth (H) Win

Cardiff (A) Lose

Norwich (H) Win

Southampton (A) Win

Wolves (H) Draw

Stoke (A) Lose

Sheff Utd (A) Lose

Preston (H) Win

81 points...may not be enough.

A QPR 0 point

H Sheffield Wed 3 points

A S****horpe 3 point

H Crystal Palace 3 point

A Colchester 1 points

March

H Hull City 3 points

A Charlton 0 points

A Leicester City 0 points

H Watford 1 points

H Plymouth 3 points

A Cardiff City 0 point

H Norwich City 3 points

April

A Southampton 3 points

H Wolves 1 points

A Stoke City0 point

A Sheffield Utd 0 plints

May

H Preston 3 points

51 points already

27 more points (with a goalscorer hopefully coming in could be more)

Play off place where anything could happen.

51 points already, how many more will we get?

A QPR 1 point - reckon we'll lose this one, 0 points.

H Sheffield Wed 3 points - agreed, 3 points

A S****horpe 1 point - we can win this one, 3 points

H Crystal Palace 1 point - vengeance, 3 points

A Colchester 3 points - draw for me, 1 point

March

H Hull City 3 points - agreed, 3 points

A Charlton 0 points - yes, 0 points

A Leicester City 0 points - Hollowhead not impressing, 1 point

H Watford 3 points - only a draw i reckon, 1 point

H Plymouth 3 points - should be a win, 3 points

A Cardiff City 1 point - good recent record there, 1 point

H Norwich City 3 points - agreed, 3 points

April

A Southampton 3 points - huge support if we're still near the top, 3 points

H Wolves 0 points - bogey team, 0 points

A Stoke City 1 point - very tough game, 0 points

A Sheffield Utd 0 plints - winnable, 3 points

May

H Preston 3 points - agreed, 3 points.

51 points already

29 more points - 31 to come :city:

Giving us 82 points, possibly automatic. :o

giving us 80 points? to me that means we will hopefully get playoff place?

I reckon it very much depends on injuries and suspensions between now and the end of the season both for ourselves and our opponents. Whatever points we end up with though, in the position we are currently in it’s largely in our own hands but we’re there to be shot at still and no one is going to give us an easy time of it.

Three points from Palace will go some way to addressing the disappointment of the defeat last week but I can’t understand posters saying that some of these games are going to be easy with our obvious frailties in front of goal to contend with. Tough games against Stoke, Palace, Charlton, Southampton, Baadiff, Plymouth and Watford et. al. not easy by any stretch…..

And yes, bh Red, you are getting a bit ahead of yourself but there’s no harm in hoping. :city:

Que Sera Sera.

i like the way you have all worked out what on paper you think is posable

i done the same back in 1986/7to see if we could secure a place in the

fist ever play offs. Then came the last game of the season we win were in.

the game was a derby at home to swindon final score(no thanks to gorden Owen missing that penalty)

bristol city 1 swindon town 1. Gillingham won and skiped over us in to 6th place. Fxxkin gutted!

When Owen took and mist that pen it was so quite i vividley remember the sound of the ball

hitting the advertising board my point is take each game as they come Like last season

its in our own hands

P.S That wasnt our last game as we made it to wembley in the freight rover cup thanks to a late goal from Glen Riley to take the game into extra time then penaltys and the very man himself Gordon Owen mist the first sudden death penalty and lost us the game

P.P.S David Moyes was guilty of mising his pen as well

:disapointed2se:

Law of averages says we will be in the mix of auto or play offs. We have a valuable cushion over 7th place and below and it would take a huge drop in form and, significantly, a huge improvement in form of those clubs for us to fall out of the race one way or another.

As for auto and play offs... I'd say we have a 50:50 chance of one or the other right now.

Law of averages says we will be in the mix of auto or play offs. We have a valuable cushion over 7th place and below and it would take a huge drop in form and, significantly, a huge improvement in form of those clubs for us to fall out of the race one way or another.

As for auto and play offs... I'd say we have a 50:50 chance of one or the other right now.

At last some logic applied to our position. Makes a refreshing change from "If Johnson doesn't buy the palyers I tell him to we will fall out of the top six". :Believe:

Soccerbot:

Predicted Final Table Pld Pts

1 West Bromwich Albion 46 84

2 Stoke City 46 81

3 Bristol City 46 81

4 Watford 46 77

5 Crystal Palace 46 74

6 Charlton Athletic 46 74

7 Cardiff City 46 72

8 Ipswich Town 46 71

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...tor/default.stm

Try this, its BBCs predictor takes a while to put in all the results but heres how mine came out.

1st Bristol City 93 points

2nd Stoke City 91 points

3rd West Brom 90 points

4th Crystal Palace 84 points

5th Watford 82 points

6th Cardiff 78 points

So I tried to be honest and I got us taking the title on the last day. But of course some of the results will likely go the other way but if we stay consistent and beat the teams we should and pick up points when we are in the more difficult games then we'll get top two. But we could miss out just as even Palace have a chance and on the outside chance Watford.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...tor/default.stm

Try this, its BBCs predictor takes a while to put in all the results but heres how mine came out.

1st Bristol City 93 points

2nd Stoke City 91 points

3rd West Brom 90 points

4th Crystal Palace 84 points

5th Watford 82 points

6th Cardiff 78 points

So I tried to be honest and I got us taking the title on the last day. But of course some of the results will likely go the other way but if we stay consistent and beat the teams we should and pick up points when we are in the more difficult games then we'll get top two. But we could miss out just as even Palace have a chance and on the outside chance Watford.

i tried to be honest and ended up with 96 points ??????? with a goal difference of 27.

our new striker scored 12 and lee trundle went out on loan for a month,came back and scored 10 for us.

happy days.

:city:

the game was a derby at home to swindon final score(no thanks to gorden Owen missing that penalty)

bristol city 1 swindon town 1. Gillingham won and skiped over us in to 6th place. Fxxkin gutted!

When Owen took and mist that pen it was so quite i vividley remember the sound of the ball

hitting the advertising board my point is take each game as they come Like last season

its in our own hands

P.S That wasnt our last game as we made it to wembley in the freight rover cup thanks to a late goal from Glen Riley to take the game into extra time then penaltys and the very man himself Gordon Owen mist the first sudden death penalty and lost us the game

We finished 6th Gillingham 5th

http://www.the-english-football-archive.co...1987-tables.htm

its in our own hands

OMG!!!! reading this brought memorys flooding back. The white shirt, Red shorts, Whites socks, was the best one off kit ever i think.

Then Gordon Owen left for another team (name escapes me). But he went cus his Mrs did not like living in the south/west (Home sick) so when he came back to city with his new team everyone in Ashton Gate "sang does your Mrs know yer here?!?! Does yer Mrs know your here!?!?!". :laugh: :laugh:

It always gets brought up about now (usually by me!) but GJ and the team look at the season in blocks of ten. Being that QPR is the end of the third block I thought I'd drag out a comparison with last year (again)...

After ten games last year = 18 points

After ten games this year = 17 points

After twenty games last year = 18 points

After twenty games this year = 17 points

After thirty games last year = 16 points

After thirty games this year = 17 points (and that is only if we lose on saturday away in game 30)

So... Looks like we are pretty much on track for a similar amount of points as last year this time around!

Something else to note is that this year City have played only 3 cup matches (two in the first 'block;', one in this latest one), where as last year we played a total of 12 extra games (in the league cup, FA cup and JPT) One was in the first block, 4 in the second block, 4 in the third block and 3 in the fourth block. This is interesting as we got our lowest league points totals when we had the most cup football, so could it really be a bonus that Boro dumped us out of the FA cup at the first time of asking this year?

It always gets brought up about now (usually by me!) but GJ and the team look at the season in blocks of ten. Being that QPR is the end of the third block I thought I'd drag out a comparison with last year (again)...

After ten games last year = 18 points

After ten games this year = 17 points

After twenty games last year = 18 points

After twenty games this year = 17 points

After thirty games last year = 16 points

After thirty games this year = 17 points (and that is only if we lose on saturday away in game 30)

So... Looks like we are pretty much on track for a similar amount of points as last year this time around!

Something else to note is that this year City have played only 3 cup matches (two in the first 'block;', one in this latest one), where as last year we played a total of 12 extra games (in the league cup, FA cup and JPT) One was in the first block, 4 in the second block, 4 in the third block and 3 in the fourth block. This is interesting as we got our lowest league points totals when we had the most cup football, so could it really be a bonus that Boro dumped us out of the FA cup at the first time of asking this year?

Was going to post the exact same thing funnilly enough!

The three periods of ten games so far have yielded 17pts each and we're already on 17 for the third period regardless of the result at Loftus Road tomorrow. A win will make in 20pts from the last ten.

Going on that, we should end up around the 78-79pts mark which will be enough for the play-offs but not top two I don't reckon. 82pts+ will secure top two this season IMHO...

Was going to post the exact same thing funnilly enough!

The three periods of ten games so far have yielded 17pts each and we're already on 17 for the third period regardless of the result at Loftus Road tomorrow. A win will make in 20pts from the last ten.

Going on that, we should end up around the 78-79pts mark which will be enough for the play-offs but not top two I don't reckon. 82pts+ will secure top two this season IMHO...

I did a bit of mental maths on the remaining games myself and got 78 points, a very decent total and certainly a playoff place. And in the 'pray-offs' I think we could potetnially beat any team iver two legs (asides from maybe WBA, who I believe will walk the division anyway).

Back in August many fans were saying a good start was essential due to our difficult end of season fixtures. I was my usual optimistic self and stated City would finish 5th, but fail in the play offs.

Five months later and I'll now be dissappointed to finish so low as 5th and we are all now looking at our run in to see if a 2nd consec promo is feasable.

Archived