IGNORED

Earnshaw

jimtastic

Make of this what you will. I'm not sharing sources and don't give much of a toss if anyone believes me ;)

I've had it confirmed today by a very good source that we are indeed looking at Adebola. Hardly shock news, I know, but the source then went on to say that we're still very much in the hunt for Earnshaw...

Hhhmmm, so are Cardiff, so who would he choose?

MM

I don't get Cardiff. One minute they haven't got two pennies to rub together, the next they're in the market for a striker who's surely going to cost a couple of million.

I still have my doubts, to be honest. But the source was good enough to give it some credence.

I don't get Cardiff. One minute they haven't got two pennies to rub together, the next they're in the market for a striker who's surely going to cost a couple of million.

I still have my doubts, to be honest. But the source was good enough to give it some credence.

You're right, Cardiff are potless and their interest ended two weeks ago according to this story that our learned colleague could have sourced by entering "Earnshaw Cardiff" into Google News:

http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/footballnat...91466-20359565/

Now that Laffterty has been priced at £4 million by his Burnley chairman, Brendan Flood, we'd be better off targetting Earnshaw and Adebola, who may cost us around £3.5 million.

Given his current Manager's recent comments about Earnshaw's attitude it seems unlikely Gary would want him, but who knows?

But didn't he stick his goal away well on Saturday?

Gives us something we haven't got in the squad, but don't see us risking the kind of money quoted on here. Can't see SL splashing that much on one player, and don't see GJ taking the risk with his attitude, going on from his comments about upsetting the changing room. Back him 100% on that too.

Given his current Manager's recent comments about Earnshaw's attitude it seems unlikely Gary would want him, but who knows?

Well if you asked a Millwall's fan view on Marvin they'd say he's a complete w**ker so maybe GJ does know when to call it right.

Well if you asked a Millwall's fan view on Marvin they'd say he's a complete w**ker so maybe GJ does know when to call it right.

Exactly, and remember that Gary also signed Ivan Sproule in the knowledge that he would miss our opening four fixtures of the season, after suffering from disciplinary problems at Hibs, where he had a fiery temper. Gary sorted that out.

I was talking about his Manager's views rather than the fans'. Mind you Willie Donachie might well have felt the same and seemed glad to get rid of Marvin. I have no doubt at all as to Gary's judgement and no doubt if he wanted Earnshaw and thought he could turn his attitude around he would go for it.

If Earnshaw is still available and it was up to me, I would definitely try to get him in.

I don't really see it as a gamble in the true sense of the word. He's got goals in the championship and has played international football (for wales, granted but hey ho).

If he came in now and scored 15 goals by may, who'd care if he was a bit chopsy?

If Earnshaw is still available and it was up to me, I would definitely try to get him in.

I don't really see it as a gamble in the true sense of the word. He's got goals in the championship and has played international football (for wales, granted but hey ho).

If he came in now and scored 15 goals by may, who'd care if he was a bit chopsy?

As I recall Paul Jewell's comments were about him being lazy rather than chopsy. May be a different kettle of fish from Gary's viewpoint, but again, who knows?

He is available at the right price or in the right sort of deal. I posted a while back that a friend of mine who works in for a solicitor and handles some contract work with football player's agents and clubs had heard rumours that Ipswich had been told by Derby that Earnshaw was a player they would not be too fussed about getting rid of this window.

Would be a tremendous (if highly expensive) signing, but he is one of the rare breed who can call themselves a real 20 goal a season striker. Ex-Baardiff or not I'd be very happy with him.

I would be more than excited about Earnshaw...this guy is pure class and would surely have the ammo to get us up! SL did say we may not get this chance again so why not go for it I believe.

I don't think money would be an issue or lazyness. Most people thought Trundle would be lazy but he has proved himself as a hard worker. Why not the same for Earnie?

As I recall Paul Jewell's comments were about him being lazy rather than chopsy. May be a different kettle of fish from Gary's viewpoint, but again, who knows?

Paul Jewell has always struck me as a bit of a ####### to be honest. I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says. Earnshaw's got a track record of goals and never has looked lazy when I've seen him play. I think he'll be out of our range though unfortunately.

Paul Jewell has always struck me as a bit of a ####### to be honest. I wouldn't put too much stock in what he says. Earnshaw's got a track record of goals and never has looked lazy when I've seen him play. I think he'll be out of our range though unfortunately.

A reference to him as a person rather than his managerial record (having got two unfashionable clubs to the Premier) I assume? He is a Scouser so allowances have to be made. :innocent06: Again the laziness thing was a reference to his attitude to training, not something Gary would take kindly to I suspect. There again Gary is full of surprises. I guess Steve would stump up the fee if Gary wanted him but wages might be a different matter.

A reference to him as a person rather than his managerial record (having got two unfashionable clubs to the Premier) I assume? He is a Scouser so allowances have to be made. :innocent06: Again the laziness thing was a reference to his attitude to training, not something Gary would take kindly to I suspect. There again Gary is full of surprises. I guess Steve would stump up the fee if Gary wanted him but wages might be a different matter.

Yeah definitely his personality. He seems to always have this view of the world where he's the victim and everyone is against him. Don't like the man at all.

I don't think Earnshaw being a lazy trainer would be much of a problem for GJ, he'd just get him working. If there was a big head attitude at the root of it that would be a problem though, but I've never got that impression from Earnshaw even though he does look like an alien.

Money would be the problem though for sure.

Make of this what you will. I'm not sharing sources and don't give much of a toss if anyone believes me ;)

I've had it confirmed today by a very good source that we are indeed looking at Adebola. Hardly shock news, I know, but the source then went on to say that we're still very much in the hunt for Earnshaw...

Oh right - and where's the £3,000,000 coming from to buy him....????!

Not to mention the premiership wages he's now on....

Oh right - and where's the £3,000,000 coming from to buy him....????!

Not to mention the premiership wages he's now on....

Steve Lansdown.

Who's been on record to say that money is available to Gary Johnson for new signings and that City would do everything in their power to reach the Premier League this season.

Steve Lansdown.

Who's been on record to say that money is available to Gary Johnson for new signings and that City would do everything in their power to reach the Premier League this season.

So you think we will smash our transfer record by more than double to get him...? I think not - Lansdown may be referring to the £250-£300,000 required to sign Adebola but not £3mill...!

He's already told us all till he's blue in the face that 'the club needs to stand on it own 2 feet' in which case that rules Earnshaw, Lafferty and Riordan out.

I'd love to be wrong, but all this talk of the afore mentioned 3 players is pie in the sky.

Archived