IGNORED

Earnshaw

jimtastic

A reference to him as a person rather than his managerial record (having got two unfashionable clubs to the Premier) I assume? He is a Scouser so allowances have to be made. :innocent06: Again the laziness thing was a reference to his attitude to training, not something Gary would take kindly to I suspect. There again Gary is full of surprises. I guess Steve would stump up the fee if Gary wanted him but wages might be a different matter.

And the wages may be what GJ is referring to when he talks about not upsetting the dressing room. I know how I would feel if someone came in on a lot more money than me when I had been instrumental in getting the team to it's present position.

Haven't we been down this road before? Isn't this what Carey or Hill more or less said when they left?

And the wages may be what GJ is referring to when he talks about not upsetting the dressing room. I know how I would feel if someone came in on a lot more money than me when I had been instrumental in getting the team to it's present position.

Haven't we been down this road before? Isn't this what Carey or Hill more or less said when they left?

If they scored the goals that got you playing in the Premiership the following season I suspect all would be forgiven. It's not like any of our strikers have a track record to match.

Carey said he didn't feel Bristolian players who had come through the youth system were paid as well as players who had been signed, but then that's the same in any industry. You can almost always earn more money by moving than you can by staying.

So you think we will smash our transfer record by more than double to get him...? I think not - Lansdown may be referring to the £250-£300,000 required to sign Adebola but not £3mill...!

He's already told us all till he's blue in the face that 'the club needs to stand on it own 2 feet' in which case that rules Earnshaw, Lafferty and Riordan out.

I'd love to be wrong, but all this talk of the afore mentioned 3 players is pie in the sky.

If GJ wants money he has it.

Money isn't an issue, honestly.

Guest MaloneFM

Can someone just hold open the pigeon loft door while I lob in this spitting ginger tom? Ta.

Junior Agogogogo was playing a blinder for Ghana last night.

Mind you he was alongside Michael Essien

What £3mill worth isn't a problem...?

Where has that come from Tom..? Is it through a contact that you know that ?

Check out the 442 football rich list. SL is richer than George Gillett & Dave Whelan, and as rich as John Madejski. Estimated personal net worth of £400m. Given the time, given the position we're in, I think he could find £3m to get us in the Premier League.

Can someone just hold open the pigeon loft door while I lob in this spitting ginger tom? Ta.

Junior Agogogogo was playing a blinder for Ghana last night.

Mind you he was alongside Michael Essien

Ooh, better duck while the Gas accusations fly.

BTW is the line from Network in your avatar new? Never noticed it till now. :clap:

Guest MaloneFM
BTW is the line from Network in your avatar new? Never noticed it till now. :clap:

Indeed so CP but sadly the jumper and the syrup date back to the days of Michael St John. I wanted to emulate Howard Beale once when I was at Bath Road.

Not one of the buggers tried to talk me out of it. One or two voulenteered!

I knew the glory days were over.

Check out the 442 football rich list. SL is richer than George Gillett & Dave Whelan, and as rich as John Madejski. Estimated personal net worth of £400m. Given the time, given the position we're in, I think he could find £3m to get us in the Premier League.

We all know SL is loaded.....but he's always maintained that the club has to stand on its own 2 feet.

So when did he change his mind is my point - I havent seen him say so...? If he funds such big

spending I take it it will be in the form of a loan to the club to be repaid....? Which is all very well if we

get promoted - but what if we don't - where is the money coming from then ?

My first post. Here goes! IMO Earnshaw is one of the only players mentioned that could ensure we reach the Holy Grail. Purchasing ANY player is always a gamble, but SL knows this, and after all, we are in a fantastic position and cannot afford to let this opportunity pass us by. If SL can smell the prem dosh, then the old saying 'you have to speculate to accumulate' sums it up perfectly.

Archived