IGNORED

Redsince82 (our Marathon Man) ... City/gas Fundraising..

WhistleHappy

Sorry folks... I've mislead you a bit, just checked out the JustGiving (see my sig) page which handles online donations for Niks Meningitis Marathon Run & discovered that under their rules the Minimum Online Contribution that they accept is infact £2 (not £1 like I've previously indicated)

- But Hey TWO QUID aint going to break most peoples bank so get on with it folks... chuck in A COUPLE OF QUID (less than the price of a pint) for a very worthy cause, & to support a fellow fan who's going to ache all over & have very sore feet in a couple of months time! Niks taking the pain -all you need to do is make a few clicks on yer pc's & donate a little bit of spare cash! cheers!!

(sorry again for previously indicating that One Pound would do - every pound counts.. but its an online minimum of TWO) :)

still £211 - whos going to take it upto £215 or beyond then?? come on rattle those piggy banks .. what ya got?? :worship2:

I am very happy to sponsor Nik. I did the Bristol half Marathon a couple of years ago, and got a lot of support from people on the forum. Thirteen miles was tough enough and anyone who can do the full twenty six, and for such a good cause, should be congratulated.

FANtastic response !!! ...

What a great example of big-hearted & generous Football Supporters - wish the media (& certain Police 'Services') would take note & recognise that the vast majority of fans are good honest decent human beings and treat them as such!

STOP PERPETUATING THE STEREO-TYPICAL IMAGE THAT FOOTBALL FAN = KNUCKLE DRAGGING ANTI-SOCIAL WORTHLESS THUG.... (ok that element does exist & sadly does attach itself like leeches to football clubs - BUT THEY ARE IN THE MINORITY!)

THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE FANTASTIC PEOPLE WHO ARE GENUINE FOOTBALL FANS OUT THERE & THEY DESERVE CREDIT!

Look at Nik for instance, Look at how both City & Rovers fans united to give a fellow football fan & local horribly injured young Army recruit a day out of a lifetime at the football...

Check out the support so far for Niks upcoming London Marathon Charity Run in April ... bloody brilliant all of you!! :Believe:

NIKS DONATION PAGE ;

My online fundraisers to date:

Display Name Date Amount Tax Bonus Comment

tim brady 06/02/2008 £50.00 £14.10 from Brady bunch - up the city!!

zippycar 01/02/2008 £10.00 £2.82 From experience, the toughest thing you will ever do. Good luck BCFC

David Holbrook 01/02/2008 £10.00 n/a Good Work, Up the Reds

NiceRed 01/02/2008 £10.00 £2.82 BCFC going up

Sir Colby-Tit 30/01/2008 £10.00 £2.82 Gwan me babber

MATTBCFC 30/01/2008 £5.00 £1.41 Good Luck Nik - very worth while charity...c'mon you redddsss...!!!!!!

David Lloyd 29/01/2008 £20.00 £5.64 Good luck.

UWE Gas 28/01/2008 £5.00 £1.41 Good luck from the Gas

philgas1 26/01/2008 £5.00 £1.41 Up the gas..but goodluck 2 you fella..

Exiledinwatford 10/01/2008 £26.00 £7.33 Great cause Nik - good luck babber!

Chris Jay (terpin) 10/01/2008 £5.00 £1.41 Good luck! Up the City

Whistlehappy 06/01/2008 £5.00 n/a Good Luck Nik, You Reds! OTIB Bristol City. (wear/carry something City related if pos Nik cheers).

*Total donated online: £161.00

Amount raised offline: £100.00

Plus Justgiving has reclaimed Gift Aid of: £41.18

£261 QUID IN THE POT ALREADY...

(Big THANKYOU to Tim for the latest (fantastically generous) addition to the donation list - :clap: )

Hey... look at this!

we've been pinned up here alongside Gary Johnson!!

You've hit the BIG TIME now Nik! ... :)

(business as usual though Boys & Girls - We're still after your pennies for the Marathon pot!!! - we'll accept pocket money, birthday money, beer money, fag money, bus fare money (the walk will do you good.. go on!), petrol money (same as bus fare- stretch those legs) , dinner money, Valentines Day card money (make yer own ala Blue Peter, & send Nik yer money)..

OK we're open for suggestions, what other sources of cash can we target?? ideas please!... & a couple of quid !!

Big News!!!

Thanks to Thatcham Red and his persausive skills, The club have now agreed to donate a signed scarf. There will be a link button appearing on this site soon where you can leave a donation for The Meningitis Trust. Everybody who leaves a donation will have their name put into the hat, and one lucky person will be the winner of the only "signed" bristol city scarf (in the world!) to complete the London marathon (2008) course. don't worry, everybody who has already done the good deed will also be included.

Aswell as the scarf, there is also a signed city shirt which will be appearing on EBay. by using the link (in the shopping forum) the Bristol City Supporters Trust will recieve a cash bonus, which ultimately funds this website. so 2 birds, 1 stone.

watch out for more news on both of those fantastic pieces of merchandise.

There is also some news on press coverage (radio bristol and evening post) but i will save that for another day.

Thanks again everybody, you are doing yourselves proud.

Big News!!!

Thanks to Thatcham Red and his persausive skills, The club have now agreed to donate a signed scarf. There will be a link button appearing on this site soon where you can leave a donation for The Meningitis Trust. Everybody who leaves a donation will have their name put into the hat, and one lucky person will be the winner of the only "signed" bristol city scarf (in the world!) to complete the London marathon (2008) course. don't worry, everybody who has already done the good deed will also be included.

Aswell as the scarf, there is also a signed city shirt which will be appearing on EBay. by using the link (in the shopping forum) the Bristol City Supporters Trust will recieve a cash bonus, which ultimately funds this website. so 2 birds, 1 stone.

watch out for more news on both of those fantastic pieces of merchandise.

There is also some news on press coverage (radio bristol and evening post) but i will save that for another day.

Thanks again everybody, you are doing yourselves proud.

:clap::clap::clap:

Great news with the Shirt and Scarf mate.

Delighted with the progress of this for you Nik abd the Meningitis trust,

Lets keep this momentum coming,

Remember people every donation helps...

Many Thanks to RedM for pinning it :)

:worship2:

In the scheme of things I got the easiest task, fundraising isn't easy and as for marathon running... :o

Fair play to all of you, I'll round up a donation from the RedM household. Any plans for a bucket collection at the Gate?

In the scheme of things I got the easiest task, fundraising isn't easy and as for marathon running... :o

Fair play to all of you, I'll round up a donation from the RedM household. Any plans for a bucket collection at the Gate?

I think there is plans for a whip round at AG.... Nik (redsince82) could confirm it??

I'm just trying to advertise the charity link more for such a gert cause :)

Fair Play to you RedM :englandsmile4wf:

WE should be supporting OUR man, - not leaving it up to the Gas (much appreciated btw) to do it for us!...

(ps find a link in my sig..)

Good luck to Nik, he now has my support as well. A great and worthy cause. :winner_third_h4h:

I would have much prefered to have been in the Red Army road race to Hitler's bunker in Berlin - as organised by Uncle Joe Stalin in April 1945 - alas I was born about 40 years too late for that run :innocent06: ............

redarmypq9.png

Good luck to Nik, he now has my support as well. A great and worthy cause. :winner_third_h4h:

I would have much prefered to have been in the Red Army road race to Hitler's bunker in Berlin - as organised by Uncle Joe Stalin in April 1945 - alas I was born about 40 years too late for that run :innocent06: ............

redarmypq9.png

:laugh: Such a shame then eh Red Goblin... :englandsmile4wf:

Nice one for donating :)

I have spoken to the club, and unfortunately they already have thier allocated charities collecting at all the home games, so a "whip round" cant be done at the gate. However there may be a chance to shake a couple of buckets at this wednesdays cup game. (youth cup, 5th round vs man city) that is yet to be confimed, but it is being worked on as i speak. (Dolly - best dust off those buckets, just in case!)

The shirt is ready for my collection from the club, just trying to weed out a few teething problems with the signed scarf, but don't worry i will keep you all posted#

Thanks again for the great effort so far.

Nik

P.s Radio Brizzle, monday 11th, during the breaklfast show..... listen out for my dulcid tones harping on about how great City are and how i am going to embarass the rovers fan by whooping her A**e in london on April 13th!!!!

I've given you guys a break for a few days now, so come then?? what happened to the steady stream of willing donaters??? (not you arn, i know you have been working really hard!) Just a few more quid could make a BIG difference..... oh go on........ it is my birthday!!!!! so get me something nice, a small donation will suffice........

cheers all

Nik

Archived