IGNORED

Tonight's Scores Thread [merged]

Dolman Block B

Another person who knows absoloutely NOTHING about the parachute fund.
I expect Alex was referring to the average TV money per club for a season in the Prem which is £28m. Parachute payments are something like £8m per season for two seasons following relegation now I believe having gone up in the summer from £6.5m.

Your lot spent a good £5m on transfers in the summer didn't they?

As said good set of results for us tonight - we appear to have good fortune on our side as far as results go when we need it!

Not sure about the previous comments re. Charlton and their dodgy defence - only 33 conceeded being the best of the top six bar Palace.

Every time I do that silly "prediction" site, I come up with us ending on 85 points with Charlton second on 83! (West Brom, Stoke, Watford and Cardiff in the play-offs!

I think Charlton are the ones to watch - from above of course!!

Can somebody explain to me how watford ever made it into the top 6 they are a very poor side and wen they played us all marlon king did was shoot hoping it would go on without king now there nothing wont even make the playoffs

If all Marlon King did was ''shoot hoping it would go on'' then isn't that a good thing he's left? And our new strikers scored 2 in 2 games? huh? Looks like you've given me some hope! Thanks!

If all Marlon King did was ''shoot hoping it would go on'' then isn't that a good thing he's left? And our new strikers scored 2 in 2 games? huh? Looks like you've given me some hope! Thanks!

To be honest I think you've done great business with King there, I reckon Henderson and Ellington as a front two should be plenty good enough at this level.

You can't blame us for being a bit negative about your style of football though, we finally get promoted after 9 years and we're looking forward to seeing some good stuff and the top sides like yourselves and Charlton are playing ugly direct crap. It's a disappointment really. WBA were fantastic but to be honest the standard at this level is not very impressive.

I expect Alex was referring to the average TV money per club for a season in the Prem which is £28m. Parachute payments are something like £8m per season for two seasons following relegation now I believe having gone up in the summer from £6.5m.

Your lot spent a good £5m on transfers in the summer didn't they?

Nah he said '30 million for getting relegated'. Yes spent about 5mil on a few players they do ok it's just the home form that's the problem. They play crap at home but have the best away record in the country!

Nah he said '30 million for getting relegated'. Yes spent about 5mil on a few players they do ok it's just the home form that's the problem. They play crap at home but have the best away record in the country!

Yes perhaps I wasn't very clear. Sorry. You have had a lot more money than us from being relegated is what I meant...

To be honest I think you've done great business with King there, I reckon Henderson and Ellington as a front two should be plenty good enough at this level.

You can't blame us for being a bit negative about your style of football though, we finally get promoted after 9 years and we're looking forward to seeing some good stuff and the top sides like yourselves and Charlton are playing ugly direct crap. It's a disappointment really. WBA were fantastic but to be honest the standard at this level is not very impressive.

You're just saying this to wind up Watford boy, right?

You've seen some good stuff from at least one team every time there's been a game at AG. :winner_third_h4h:

I thought Charlton played some great stuff - not long ball at all. Them and WBA are our threats. Watford are not a worry.

You're just saying this to wind up Watford boy, right?

You've seen some good stuff from at least one team every time there's been a game at AG. :winner_third_h4h:

Yeah although many teams are coming down here to frustrate us, defending deep and playing on the break which makes it harder. I think we've played better football in the away games I've seen.

I thought Charlton played some great stuff - not long ball at all. Them and WBA are our threats. Watford are not a worry.

I thought Charlton just lumped the ball up to the 50p headed monster, they had some quality that played off those knockdowns but it was dire football for a side that were Premiership the previous season. They were also cynical dirty cheats. I haven't been impressed by many sides at all this season, WBA aside.

How about "Wayne King"?
.... or Juan?

He did learn I how to use the quote button, which were nice. A shame then that he chose to confuse a lack of knowledge with a lack of intelligence. Confucious once said "Those that are wisest teach and do not torture" he also said " He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger". Wise wise words.

Yeah although many teams are coming down here to frustrate us, defending deep and playing on the break which makes it harder. I think we've played better football in the away games I've seen.

I thought Charlton just lumped the ball up to the 50p headed monster, they had some quality that played off those knockdowns but it was dire football for a side that were Premiership the previous season. They were also cynical dirty cheats. I haven't been impressed by many sides at all this season, WBA aside.

Don't know what view of the game you had but everything went through Andy Reid that night who completely ran the MIDFIELD.

Don't know what view of the game you had but everything went through Andy Reid that night who completely ran the MIDFIELD.

And where did it go off the end of Andy Reid's boot? That's right, 50 yards to Iwelumo's head. Much as Reid was quality it was dire to watch.

Archived