IGNORED

Brooker Plays 90 Mins

sparkyboy72

Spot on. They could do another loan spell and put a 24hr recall clause in there.

I think he's better off at Cheltenham for the time being, having a (potentially) unfit striker, who's never played at this level, on the bench isn't really going to do us a lot of good. Regardless of whether we get anyone in or not, he's better off getting 90 mins under his belt on a more regular basis. If he starts finding his form (and the net) then bring him back and get him in. We need the Brooker of 2 seasons ago, that would be as good as any signing we could make in the next 2 days, but I don't think we're there yet.

cheers, I thought "actually being able to recall him" only came into effect if we actually extended the loan.

cheers, I thought "actually being able to recall him" only came into effect if we actually extended the loan.

That's right - first month of a loan spell is set in stone, if it gets extended then a recall clause can go in.

Not sure how it works with loan spells that start at 3, 6 or 12 months though.

Sure someone will know through FM2007 though!

Just shows how far off full fitness he is. Anyone who thinks hes going to come back and score the goals to send us up this season needs their head checked in. We really need a new striker Brooker aint the answer, lets be fair hes never been a 20 goal a season man at league one level let alone championship level.

Guest ashtonyate
Just shows how far off full fitness he is. Anyone who thinks hes going to come back and score the goals to send us up this season needs their head checked in. We really need a new striker Brooker aint the answer, lets be fair hes never been a 20 goal a season man at league one level let alone championship level.

Well if we don't get a striker then he is better than Trundle and worth a hours play

Listened to the Cheltham v Millwall game to night, the plus point being that SB played 90mins but didnt impose himself in the game at all.

The game wasn't a classic by any means but the center backs had SB in there pockets and just did'nt create anything.

On this game as KM was there tonight i can only imagine what he will tell GJ tomorrow we need someone else.

Ok first 90 for him but needs to raise his game to get in the first team.

Come on u Redddzzzz

You cant judge a player on a radio broadcast :disapointed2se:

Well if we don't get a striker then he is better than Trundle and worth a hours play

please explain on what basis you believe he is better than Trundle?

is on the basis that because you don't like Trundle, that makes Brooker a better player?

I look at it on the basis that Trundle was a better player in League One than Brooker as proved by the amount of goals/assists, if according to your logic, Trundle isn't good enough? how will brooker be good enough?

I went to thier games on friday night and again last night..

i didnt listen to it on the radio and ive been to a few games this season watching them so its not as if iver just been to one and fromed an opinion based on that.

Anyway... Friday night

Alex Russel ran the midfield for 75 mins and was the best player on the park and looked like he could still do a job for us. Granted he doesnt have 90mins of championship football in him (I think) but he is/can be a valuble asset all the same. Then i watched him last night and it was like watching a differnt player he had one of the worst games i think ive seen him play and bottled a lot of takles while his passing was woeful. i belive that he wasnt a 100% fit but thats a differnt debate as to if he should play or not. Anyway.. i think his time at city is numbered....

right Brooks.. he looks shocking, was getting bullied last night by the back four and one two headers all night.. (chelts were playing long ball which makes this worse) his passing was shocking last night playing way to many blind passes straight to the oposistion, same thing happened friday night. He was disapring for large parts of the game. Cheltenham as a team were poor last night but werent on friday night, yet brooker has been poor in both games. I'm sorry to say but he needs to stay out on loan longer and get match sharp.. the sad honest truth in my opinion is that i don't think he is ready for championship football, let alone a promtion fighting team..

I think we need a new striker in quick.. ive ruled my thumb over him twice this week and its only my opinion like... If he is as class as some people think then he should shine no matter what team he is playing in.. At this moment in time he's not.

I went to thier games on friday night and again last night..

i didnt listen to it on the radio and ive been to a few games this season watching them so its not as if iver just been to one and fromed an opinion based on that.

Anyway... Friday night

Alex Russel ran the midfield for 75 mins and was the best player on the park and looked like he could still do a job for us. Granted he doesnt have 90mins of championship football in him (I think) but he is/can be a valuble asset all the same. Then i watched him last night and it was like watching a differnt player he had one of the worst games i think ive seen him play and bottled a lot of takles while his passing was woeful. i belive that he wasnt a 100% fit but thats a differnt debate as to if he should play or not. Anyway.. i think his time at city is numbered....

right Brooks.. he looks shocking, was getting bullied last night by the back four and one two headers all night.. (chelts were playing long ball which makes this worse) his passing was shocking last night playing way to many blind passes straight to the oposistion, same thing happened friday night. He was disapring for large parts of the game. Cheltenham as a team were poor last night but werent on friday night, yet brooker has been poor in both games. I'm sorry to say but he needs to stay out on loan longer and get match sharp.. the sad honest truth in my opinion is that i don't think he is ready for championship football, let alone a promtion fighting team..

I think we need a new striker in quick.. ive ruled my thumb over him twice this week and its only my opinion like... If he is as class as some people think then he should shine no matter what team he is playing in.. At this moment in time he's not.

seems to be the reoccuring theme unfortunately, but to be honest not totally unexpected?

on a side note, how's scott brown doing now after his injury?

seems to be the reoccuring theme unfortunately, but to be honest not totally unexpected?

on a side note, how's scott brown doing now after his injury?

he just needs 90 mins in a full match.. he's ready and created a couple chances when he came on last night. he was unlikely to break in to a winning team coming back from long term injury, looks good when he plays so he just needs to bide his time, now they lost hopefully he may start on saturday.

Guest MaloneFM
Richard Latham concurred with you on Soccer Night last evening, having watched the match.

Filthy pair of swines! I should have taped that, did he respect you after?

Guest MaloneFM

Bring Brooker back from struggling in a third division team to face second division opposition (I don't hold with all this 'League one' rubbish) and it takes the heat off daps and wee Lee.

Great idea.

Tom how could you undermining our strikers anyway Byfield is OK I would like to see him and Brooker up front

Am I not aloud to have a view of my own then? I don't work for the club I'm like everyone else.. a fan who just happens to have to keep this happy ship of positivity that is otib in order. :surrender:

Archived