IGNORED

Transfer Window Good News

sh1t_ref_again

First bit of good news its now shut, so we can get on and support the excellent team of players we have, whom have got us to joint 1st

Secondly, although we may not have brought in the big signing perhaps we hoped for (and I'm sure GJ tried)

We have not lost any of our prize assets!!, a month ago Elliot was going everywhere for 4 million, as was Basso

COME ON YOU REDS

100% agree - this has been a good news transfer window - after the forecasts we would be losing key players have failed thankfully to come true. Adebola could well be an inspired signing - allowing Trundle/Byfield more room and providing a target for McIndoe and Sproule- just hope our back line don't start to play a great deal more long balls.

See you at Loftus Road!

First bit of good news its now shut, so we can get on and support the excellent team of players we have, whom have got us to joint 1st

Secondly, although we may not have brought in the big signing perhaps we hoped for (and I'm sure GJ tried)

We have not lost any of our prize assets!!, a month ago Elliot was going everywhere for 4 million, as was Basso

COME ON YOU REDS

It should also be said that none of our close rivals (with the possible exception of Stoke) have strengthened their starting XIs to any significant degree. Indeed Charlton have lost their most influential player - Andy Reid and Watford have lost their most potent striker - Marlon King.

We had one major failing going into the transfer window - the lack of a powerful central striker with real physical presence to trouble centre halves - and we have addressed this issue. Signing Adebola has made us a better team, with more options to break down defences.

West Brom have not significantly added to their team, though you could argue that they don't really need to. Palace haven't strengthened their team either. Charlton and Watford are weaker now than they were in December. Stoke have been active in the market but I haven't thought 'God I wish we had signed him' about any of their deals.

Well_red

It should also be said that none of our close rivals (with the possible exception of Stoke) have strengthened their starting XIs to any significant degree. Indeed Charlton have lost their most influential player - Andy Reid and Watford have lost their most potent striker - Marlon King.

West Brom have not significantly added to their team, though you could argue that they don't really need to. Palace haven't strengthened their team either. Charlton and Watford are weaker now than they were in December. Stoke have been active in the market but I haven't thought 'God I wish we had signed him' about any of their deals.

Well_red

A good way to look at things for sure.

The signing of Adebola will hopefully provide far more threat in and around the opposition box.He's big and strong with lots of experience and there's every chance that he'll score a few but also create for the likes of Trundle and Byfield.He can also run at defences as we saw when he scored against us and thats something City haven't had so far this season.

Archived