IGNORED

Time To Thank Our Chairman

brady bunch

I think it is time to say a very big thank you to SL!

Despite us lot not filling the ground every week as most of us would have hoped he has dug deep into his own pocket again to finance good signings and with GJ appears to have fought off interest in our key players.

Many thanks SL for keeping the faith.

I am not a violent man by any means but in times gone past, when I have seen the odd negative rubbish written on here about SL (mainly by spotty 13 years olds I grant, who have never done a days work in their lives). It makes my blood boil.

Compare him to many over chairman who are in it for their ego's, fattening of wallets etc he has got to be among the best there is..

Tim.

agreed, there was no doubt interest in some of the players in the squad and many of us wouldn't have been shocked if Elliott had left for big money.

But we have kept all the players we have wanted to and he has backed the manager as much as he's wanted to be backed in signing players.

Cheers Steve

I'll second that too, the whinging from some quarters recently is an absolute disgrace in my book, and proof that sucesss often breeds arrogance (from the ignorant). We are not Real Madrid just yet, we are builidng for the future and we are ahead of schedule in my book.

The football we are playing now is some of the best I have seen since my first city match in '78, and the team appears unified and close.

GJ has done an outstanding job building such a team and there is no doubt whatsoever that SL has backed him all the way, and they both deserve our backing and thanks for the job they have done.

GJ is the best manager we have had that I can remember and (IMO) one of the best English managers around, possibly a future England manager in fact. Lets not forget he was also SL's appointment.

Promotion or no promotion, this season has already been a huge success, as we move onwards and upwards.

The peope who critise now, who EXPECT premiership football, and who think they could do better have got very very short memories.

I think it is time to say a very big thank you to SL!

Quite correct.He said that no first team players would be sold and none have.

Despite us lot not filling the ground every week as most of us would have hoped he has dug deep into his own pocket again to finance good signings and with GJ appears to have fought off interest in our key players.

Well, the ground not being full every week is down to the high prices set by our chairman himself so in that respect he has only himself to blame. I've no doubt that if Johnson wanted to spend big on a player or two then Lansdown would have come up with the dosh.If we do each the promised land the we might well see some serious money being spent.

Many thanks SL for keeping the faith

Compare him to many over chairman who are in it for their ego's, fattening of wallets etc he has got to be among the best there is..

Amen to that

There can't be many clubs outside the big four in the Premier League who can match our record of not having to sell a first team regular in the last three transfer windows.

Keeping a player is never as dramatic or as newsworthy as signing one but the stability not cashing in has given us should not be underestimated; GJ can continue to make progress and build the squad he wants without having to fight against the tide of his best player leaving every 6-12 months.

Good work, and long may it continue! :)

Archived