IGNORED

West Brom Arrogance

On paper the best team in the championship, but now also the most arrogant......quote below from www.westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=24671.0

"We should on paper WIN this league!!! And that should be the aim.

All us baggies fans know it , & all the surporters of the other 23 teams know it.

Come may, if we are not top of the pile we havnt done our job 100% IMO .

2nd will bring us the same rewards I know , but i want to see US win this league, and get the trophey to go with it!

Hopefully PNE was the last/one of the last defeats this season ..

Imagine if a side like Bristol City win this league!!!??"

Shades of Forest from last season if you ask me.

The West Brom fans I spoke to when we played them on Boxing day said they are playing some great football but are always wary of leaking goals too. From what Ive seen of them they are by far the best team in this league. But this is the comment from one person, so I wouldnt take it personally. Infact Baggies fans were quite complimentary of us when weve played them this season, and wished us luck too. I hope they go up.

If City were playing like the Baggies are and scoring as many goals then I'm sure we'd all be just as 'arrogant' as they are.

Most of us agree that they are the best side in the division so I don't have a problem with them crowing about it.

I do have a problem with a Palace fan who wrote to the EP slagging us off both on and off the pitch. Off the pitch is deserved but on the pitch - he should just take a long look at the league table.

Thankyou Mr Baggie...

Should do the trick nicely when GJ pins that one up on the dressing-rooms motivational wall!!!

(ps WBA ... we're coming to get ya! all them goals & we've still got as many points as you... wait til Ade, Trunds & co start knocking a few in - you lot wont see us for dust... points make prizes & we're good at picking up points! )

I don't think there's anything arrogant about that. WBA aren't just the best team on paper, they are the best team.

They should win the league and if they don't they haven't done themselves justice.

I like WBA because unlike Watford and Charlton they are not afraid to play real football and they make it effective.

The fact that in league terms we're so close to a squad that cost over £20m to assemble and has 3 times the wage bill ours does is a glowing endorsement for GJ and his team.

We should be hoping that they crumble under the pressure their own fans are putting on them, but something tells me they won't.

He's right though. All in all they are the best team in the league and if they mess it up they've got themselves to blame. I knew they'd be top of the league the moment I saw them play at the start of the season when Orr got the last minute goal. A very good team.

How did we all feel the year before that when Southend came straight up from league 2 and won the league we'd been trying to get out of for ages? I certainly wasn't too happy about it (though I wouldn't have given a damn if we'd been good enough to go up ourselves)

What about when Plymouth won the league and Brighton beat us in the playoffs?

I can certainly see where they're coming from.

the year southend won the league i was more annoyed that colchester finished the season anything higher than 20th, they never come to play football against us, we however may not be the biggest name in the division but anything can happen...apart from the last bit, like many others, i do believe west brom are the best team in the division by an evening post enhanced country mile

On our day I think we could beat any team in this league, with one notable exception; WEST BROM.

I hope if we end up in the playoffs they don't, because they will slay us.

They might seem arrogant but they are really pretty amazing on their day and have a squad that would do pretty well a division above IMO.

How honestly cares what one WBA fan thinks?

They are head and shoulders above anything else in this league but we're up there whether he likes it or not.

Speaks volumes of two things. One, how poor this league really is and two, how well GJ and his team are doing. Keep up the good work boys, we won't ever have a better chance!

And like Forest, they are bottlers.

They should have gone up last season but ended up in the playoffs against a poor Derby side and lost. They are now the self-proclaimed best team in the division - but can be beaten by anyone and are on the same points as us.

We'll see how they handle the run-in.

HEAR HEAR MR CYNIC - After all they've done this season , and all their goals where are they ?

We have stayed with them and the pressure is on them and Watford .

Guest ashtonyate
If City were playing like the Baggies are and scoring as many goals then I'm sure we'd all be just as 'arrogant' as they are.

Most of us agree that they are the best side in the division so I don't have a problem with them crowing about it.

I do have a problem with a Palace fan who wrote to the EP slagging us off both on and off the pitch. Off the pitch is deserved but on the pitch - he should just take a long look at the league table.

I would love there forwards with our midfield and defence

I don't think there's anything arrogant about that. WBA aren't just the best team on paper, they are the best team.

They should win the league and if they don't they haven't done themselves justice.

I like WBA because unlike Watford and Charlton they are not afraid to play real football and they make it effective.

The fact that in league terms we're so close to a squad that cost over £20m to assemble and has 3 times the wage bill ours does is a glowing endorsement for GJ and his team.

We should be hoping that they crumble under the pressure their own fans are putting on them, but something tells me they won't.

Nicely put Nibor.

I don't mind, I think it shows that we're getting under their skin, just as we are with most of the "big" teams in this league, i.e the comment from that Palace fan in the EP.

They are by some distance the best footballing team in the division, who can batter teams on their day (witness what they did to us) but the fact that we're level with them is bound to irritate them.

Most of the above are right, this is just one bloke's comment about us.

I don't know any West Brom personally but had a chat with a couple the other week and they are pretty complimentary about us and the way we play.

Particularly from our first encounter.

It's a little arrogant the comment above but think about it, when we were down in L1, there are a couple of our supporters who have said similar things about a side like S****horpe or Yeovil.

I've seen nearly everyone in this league now and the one side who were far better than us were West Brom. I can honestly not say that for any of the others we've played.

I've seen nearly everyone in this league now and the one side who were far better than us were West Brom. I can honestly not say that for any of the others we've played.

So the 0-6 at Ipswich was a close game, then? I suppose you mean the one team who are consistently better than us is West Brom but then 51 points each? This is a real pressure league & GJ is managing the pressure better than Mowbray, I think. His focus on the next team to be played is the key and I just so hope that his and the team's preparations for QPR today send us all into cloud nine.

Dele, Dele-Dele, Dele-Dele, Dele A-DE-BO-LA (to the tune of No Limit). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyFmilkd80 Just can't stop singing it. Wife thinks I've finally flipped!!

So the 0-6 at Ipswich was a close game, then? I suppose you mean the one team who are consistently better than us is West Brom but then 51 points each? This is a real pressure league & GJ is managing the pressure better than Mowbray, I think. His focus on the next team to be played is the key and I just so hope that his and the team's preparations for QPR today send us all into cloud nine.

Dele, Dele-Dele, Dele-Dele, Dele A-DE-BO-LA (to the tune of No Limit). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyFmilkd80 Just can't stop singing it. Wife thinks I've finally flipped!!

I would say that West Brom and Ipswich are definitely better footballing sides than us, but they might not be so good at scrapping and grinding out points as we are, particularly Ipswich. The reason they both thrashed us is because we attempted to play football against them rather than shutting up shop and defending for 90 minutes, which was commendable but possibly wrong in those instances.

To be fair someone is going on there and fishing. Impressed by the level of honesty TBH;

oneteaminbristol there is no sour grapes with me your team is doing great and deserve to be where you are, you are really digging out the results you and stoke are the ones to watch good luck for the rest of the season
Here here.Well said and fair play to our challengers

Some of them are pretty grounded.

We've got a WBA fan in our office and he's fairly complimentary about City, as is the Plymouth fan. WBA have a great attacking line up which is what has put them where they are. Their defence is a leaky bucket and that'll need to be addressed if they are to go up. City, on the other hand, have relied on Basso and the defence to get us results as we're not nearly as adept up front. To be in 2nd spot after 32 games with a GD of +1 is eyebrow raising.

Archived